Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Favorite Enterprise Episode - Part 2

What's the best season 2 ENT episode?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best season 2 ENT episode?

• Vanishing Point
    • Precious Cargo
    • The Catwalk
    • Dawn
    • Stigma
    • Cease Fire
    • Future Tense
    • Canamar
    • The Crossing
    • Judgment

Ok that's all of season to as of April 12th.

This is part 2 of a 2 part Season 2 poll. For the first 9 episodes of season 2 please go to the other season 2 poll. (I couldn't fit all of the episodes in one poll).

Guest Ktrek

As I've stated elsewhere I thought that Judgement was a fine episode. I had not seen a single episode I would rate as an 8 or higher until this episode. I think we are beginning to taste the new radical direction that ENT will be taking. Having watched the episode a second time last night I was even more impressed. Bakula's acting was decent, for a change, the continuity bones they threw were cool and Kolos was great! My second favorite episode I guess would be "Minefield". The special effects and especially the explosion at the end that sends Reed and Archer into space was great!

Ktrek

This is more difficult to decide than season 1 was. I picked "Future Tense." because of the good story / special FX etc. "Cease Fire" was also an excellent episode, but then again so was "Judgement." Too close to call on this one. Thats a good sign of season 2!

Guest Guest

WHAT?????? You didn't include "A Night in Sickbay" as one of the choices? :blink: I'm outraged!!! :devil: ;):D If, however, you want to do a worst ENT episode to date, I am so there.

The best episode of Season 2. Wow. That is a tough one. I did enjoy what "Judgment" bodes for the future and Hertzler was fantastic, but as a stand alone I'm not so sure. "Dead Stop" had a nifty sci-fi feel to it. I loved Trinneer's work in Dawn with the actor who played Zokan (now that's chemistry, sexual tension or no) but the script was a little wanting. Carbon Creek was a surprising little gem, but not quite on the top ten list.

That leaves "CeaseFire" and "Future Tense." Since I can't tie them, I'll rate Cease Fire as number one by an eyelash. Soval's interactions with T'Pol and Archer rocked, as did Trip in command. However, Trip and Malcolm's musings about the wisdom of knowing the future as opposed to living your life as it goes in "Future Tense" was just about my favorite scene of season two so far.

Is this you moulinrouge?

WHAT??????  You didn't include "A Night in Sickbay" as one of the choices? :blink:  I'm outraged!!!  :devil:  ;)  :D If, however, you want to do a worst ENT episode to date, I am so there

Ditto!!!

That leaves "CeaseFire" and "Future Tense." Since I can't tie them, I'll rate Cease Fire as number one by an eyelash.  Soval's interactions with T'Pol and Archer rocked, as did Trip in command. However, Trip and Malcolm's musings about the wisdom of knowing the future as opposed to living your life as it goes in "Future Tense" was just about my favorite scene of season two so far.

You are so right - that scene between Trip and Malcolm was terrific. Small, well-done scenes do more for character development than whole episodes like "Precious Cargo"

MoulinRouge, A Night in Sickbay is listed in part 1 poll in a different thread.

I had a very hard time choosing between Future Tense and Judgment but I ended up voting for Future Tense. I really enjoyed that episode. There are times when I wish we could vote more than once in these polls.

You are so right - that scene between Trip and Malcolm was terrific. Small, well-done scenes do more for character development than whole episodes like "Precious Cargo"

But.....but.....babe of the week episodes are so macho. It's fun to watch the men have intercourse and admit to their subordinate officers that they give them a boner. ;) I think that's what irked me the most about ANIS. You don't tell your female subordinates that you're sexually attracted to them. You just don't--not if you have a brain in your head. As far as "Precious Cargo" went, the guest actress was simply not up to par. I'm not offended that Trip had sex, but to base an entire episode around it when there's zippo chemistry between your actor and actress is pretty pointless. I'd rather just assume that he got laid on shore leave and leave it at that unless there's a real romance planned. They're all adults. Trinneer should be a leading man, not a Kirk. I much preferred his kiss with Liana in "Oasis" or better yet, his sideways grin at Hoshi in "Stigma" when she'd figured out that he was, in fact, the one who was picking the movies. Now Trip and Hoshi should be the ones having some romance. :hand:

But as far as small, well done scenes go I echo your sentiments completely. I must be odd. My favorite scene in "Stigma" was the brief scene between Trip and Malcolm in the gym on the bicycles because it showed us what good friends they've become by letting us see that Trip had confided his problem to Malcolm. My favorite scene in "Shadows of P'Jem?" The breakfast between Trip and Archer at the beginning when Jon was pulling Trip's leg about the warp 7 ship yards on Coridan and having Hoshi take lots of pictures. :blink: Better than having his face fall in T'Pol's breasts any day of the week.

MoulinRouge, A Night in Sickbay is listed in part 1 poll in a different thread.

Oops! :D Sorry about that.

I voted for "Cease fire" mainly because the andorians are the best story ENT has had in the entire series. I loved the tension, the politics, and the pacing of the episode actually made it exciting.

There can be no denying the Andorian story-arc is not only essential to ENT and that they were exceptionally well done and there have been many stand alone episodes which are great Trek. My favorites change from week to week and Judgment currently tops the list for me.

Jeffrey Combs is rather choice as Shran. I like that he was willing/anxious to negotiate. That differentiates him from any terrorist. He doesn't order the bombing of cities on Vulcan. He's a fabulous actor, plus the Andorian story is essential to ENT's time period. I like it.

As far as "Precious Cargo" went, the guest actress was simply not up to par.  I'm not offended that Trip had sex, but to base an entire episode around it when there's zippo chemistry between your actor and actress is pretty pointless.

I think basing any entire episode on sex is not what Star Trek was about whether there is an attraction or not; that was my main objection to this episode - not to mention it was such a worn out stereo typed plot.

Oasis was sweet.

Now Trip and Hoshi should be the ones having some romance.  :blink:

I really dislike the character Hoshi and I wouldn't wish her on such a nice guy as Trip. He would need to be involved with someone mature and strong for it to be believable for me. There was a character in Voyager - I think her name was Lindsay Ballard that seems more like the type he would get involved with. He plunges into adventure - Hoshi whines about her shadow. I like equal relationships so he should have someone closer to him in rank a Lt. at least a Lt. Commander or even another commander would be best.

Really, really tough call between Cease Fire and Future tense.. had to be the first one though, great story! :laugh:

by the way, for romance, Trip and T'Pol would be really cool, unfortunately impossible.. But she is the only one on Enterprise that has the chemistry with Trip.. Just hope to God they won't stick him with Hoshi.. :laugh:

Agreed that T'Pol and Trip have a great, snarky chemistry but when the blankety blank do they ever get to interact anymore? It seems like a concerted effort has been made to make sure they don't get any alone screen time anymore.

What's with the Hoshi hate? :wow: I thought it was rather gallant when Trip stood up to that Suliban soldier for her. :laugh:

What's with the Hoshi hate? :wow:  I thought it was rather gallant when Trip stood up to that Suliban soldier for her.  :laugh:

I don't hate the character but I don't like her as an officer. She should be a civilian - a little porcelain doll that needs protecting doesn't belong on the first starship in space. I can't imagine any of our brave women in uniform acting in such a whiney, negative manner. In view of current events I find it particularly insulting that this is how TPTB portray women in uniform. Granted Malcolm can be negative too but you know you could count on him to watch your back - not so with Hoshi. Maybe Trip was gallant in defending her - though I don't remember the scene - and if this was Gone With the Wind and not Star Trek I'd probably swoon.

I think it is more that I like the character Trip than dislike Hoshi. He is the most upbeat member of the cast. Her whining would wear him down.

I think a good example of a fictional woman in uniform is Major Carter on Stargate-SG1. She's brave, extremely competent but still retains her compassionate and feminine side.

The way they portray T'Pol isn't much better. Have you read the Bounty B story spoilers? TPTB are going waaaaaaaay overboard with this sex kitten stuff; Bounty's B story reeks of exploitation and just plain bad taste where she's concerned. So, one of the ladies is an ice princess, the other is meek. Berman and Braga don't have many feminist leanings, do they? Still, there's something untapped in Linda. I liked her sininster coldness as the wisp in "The Crossing." Bermaga is seriously not tapping her potential. Plus, I think Linda's so much more attractive than Jolene that it's jarring when the scripts keep talking about how T'Pol is the most beautiful woman on board. Is breast size the only criteria, :laugh: because that catsuit and wig detracts from Jolene's attractiveness BIG TIME. If B&B invested some time writing for Hoshi, her character could have such an impact....but she doesn't have big breasts, does she? :( A strong Hoshi and Trip could be winningly romantic. I liked how flustered she got when Feezal was teasing Trip that Hoshi had said he was attractive in Denobulan. B)

I hear you about Trip. :wow: He's a cutie and the character really draws one's attention. Too bad Major Carter isn't a romantic option. She does rule, doesn't she? Oh, for a more self assured Liana to return in a season or two. She was an engineer and there is precedent for non-Starfleet members to be on board. Liana and Trip were precious. :D

i agree, hooshi is definitely not the right kind of woman for Trip.. He needs someone more interesting, someone adventurés, someone he really needs to explore.. thats why someone of a different race would be perfect, just like T'Pol!

i agree, hooshi is definitely not the right kind of woman for Trip.. He needs someone more interesting, someone adventurés, someone he really needs to explore.. thats why someone of a different race would be perfect, just like T'Pol!

What about Hoshi and Reed. From episodes like Silent Enemy, and Sleeping Dogs, they do have good chemistry together. I hope the writers revisit that in the future, just like I hope they revisit the whole working relationship with Hoshi and T'pol from last year.

Hmmm, yes, Hoshi and Reed... now that would be a good alliance, they would suit each other quite nicely... I used to think that Hoshi would be best with Trip, but i have sooo changed my mind, Reed is definitely her man

No, no, no, no......Reed is T'Pol's man. :tear: Dark, sinister Malcolm from "Singularity," not stinky Reed, is T'Pol's stoic, tortured, lonely man. Hot, hot, hot..... :devil:

I voted for Canamar. I believe that it was a great episode. Even though there are several others that rank right up there. I especially loved the comedy that was thrown into the tense situation, by way of the annoying guy sittling with Tripp who never stopped talking.

I call him the "live bait" alien. :tear:

Yes, the thought of Reed and T'Pol sneaks up on you, doesn't it Unicorn Hunter? Dark sinister Reed, mind you, not dorky "stinky" Reed. They could smolder like embers on a hot day. :D They're both rather tortured souls in their own way.