Sign in to follow this  
gul_nodrog

Ensign Ro

I always thought that it would have made for an interesting "link" between TNG and DS9 if Ro Laren had shown up in one of the DS9 Machi (sp?) episodes. Now, I'm getting older and my mind is not what it once was, but I believe that I remember Ro went off to join the Machi in her last episode of TNG.

I think her and Kira would have either gotten along very well or been at each other's throats ... angry young Bajorans such as they were. Ro and early Kira would have been fun to watch sparring, don't you think? Kira with her bobbing emphatic head and Ro with her bored disdain.

Hi gul_nodrog i was reading an article a little while ago it said

"If everything had gone to plan Sisko's first officer would have been actress Michelle Forbes (Ro Laren) but she would not sign a six year contract,which forced the producers to create Major Kira to take her place."

I just thought this was interesting and it would explain why she didn't turn up in the odd story. :dude:

Edited by ddillard

Wow, that is interesting about Michelle Forbes. She would have been awesome as part of the crew. I love Nana Visitor though.

Considering how Ro ended up though on TNG it would have been hard to explain why she was back in Starfleet and first officer on DS9.

There would not have been any explanation needed as Ro Laren had not joined the maquis when DS9 Premiered. Deep Space Nine premiered on 01/03/93 and Preemptive Strike took place during the seventh season to TNG and aired on 05/16/94 so they would not have needed to explain anything as the events had not happened.

There would not have been any explanation needed as Ro Laren had not joined the maquis when DS9 Premiered.  Deep Space Nine premiered on 01/03/93 and Preemptive Strike took place during the seventh season to TNG and aired on 05/16/94 so they would not have needed to explain anything as the events had not happened.

I completely forget sometimes that these shows were on concurrently. I hadn't even thought about the fact that Ro joined the Maquis after DS9 was already going. Thanks.

Again, it would have been great to have had Michelle Forbes on DS9 even occassionally. I always liked her character on TNG.

There would not have been any explanation needed as Ro Laren had not joined the maquis when DS9 Premiered.  Deep Space Nine premiered on 01/03/93 and Preemptive Strike took place during the seventh season to TNG and aired on 05/16/94 so they would not have needed to explain anything as the events had not happened.

I completely forget sometimes that these shows were on concurrently. I hadn't even thought about the fact that Ro joined the Maquis after DS9 was already going. Thanks.

Again, it would have been great to have had Michelle Forbes on DS9 even occassionally. I always liked her character on TNG.

No problem, I had to look it up on ST.COM myself to check the dates. LOL.