Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

A strange Trill question

VaBeachGuy gave this answer to a forum topic about what 3 things you would take with you if you were stuck on a beach.

Ezri

Jadzia

TV with Electricity and a satellite connection so I can see the Eagles win the Super Bowl.

Notice how he says both Ezri AND Jadzia. Problem is, there can only be one Dax symbiont. This got me thinking, what if you had two Trills that were conjoined twins. Could you throw a single symbiont into the mix and make each individual part of the symbiont, or would you need two separate symbionts. Such as odd question eh?

I don't think a set of conjoind twins would make it past the symbosis commission. I think they would reject the person as unfit for joining.

Aslo, notice in my answer above I did say Jadzia and Ezri, but I didn't say Dax with their names simply because I wouldn't really care about the Dax symbiont as much as I would be just wanting Jadzia and Ezri to be with me lol.

I think it would depend on where and how they were conjoined - if no neural tissue was involved then they should be separate. But then we don't know if trills develop in exactly the same way as humans - maybe their species have built in adaptations that prevent conjoined twinning.

More importantly, I would think a warp capable species would have developed prenatal medicine to the point of being able to prevent these occurences.

I think that the twins would be rejected for being joined simply because it would be considered a risk to the symbiote.

I think that the twins would be rejected for being joined simply because it would be considered a risk to the symbiote.

Yes it is true they might do that but

Click for Spoiler:

in one episode of DS9 we learn that the group that selects applicants learned years ago that nearly any trill is capable of receiving a symbiont so realistically that may not be a genuine concern.

Besides, I'm not really asking if it would be allowed but rather what you think would happen if it did hypothetically.

Yes it is true they might do that but

Click for Spoiler:

in one episode of DS9 we learn that the group that selects applicants learned years ago that nearly any trill is capable of receiving a symbiont so realistically that may not be a genuine concern.

Besides, I'm not really asking if it would be allowed but rather what you think would happen if it did hypothetically.

If it were allowed to take place I would think that the symbiont would be able to connect with both of the twins basically making 1 person out of 3 beings.

Click for Spoiler:

As for the episode where we learn that 90% of the Trills could be hosts, that's true but that secret was still kept a closely held secret. As far as the general Trill population is concerned only a small percentage of Trills are compatible.

Click for Spoiler:

As for the episode where we learn that 90% of the Trills could be hosts, that's true but that secret was still kept a closely held secret. As far as the general Trill population is concerned only a small percentage of Trills are compatible.

Ok, was all know that Ezri was asked to take the dax symbiont without the preparation process. So how did the committee who overlooks who can and can't have a symbiont check her out?

Click for Spoiler:

Did Sisko inform her commanding officer at the time that 90% of trills can accept a symbiont or do you think the medical officer aboard her ship was able to discern for herself if it was safe for her to accept a symbiont?

<h4 style="cursor:hand" onClick="expandit(this)">Click for Spoiler:</h4>

<span style="display:none" style=&{head};>As for the episode where we learn that 90% of the Trills could be hosts, that's true but that secret was still kept a closely held secret. As far as the general Trill population is concerned only a small percentage of Trills are compatible.</span>

Ok, was all know that Ezri was asked to take the dax symbiont without the preparation process. So how did the committee who overlooks who can and can't have a symbiont check her out?

Click for Spoiler:

Did Sisko inform her commanding officer at the time that 90% of trills can accept a symbiont or do you think the medical officer aboard her ship was able to discern for herself if it was safe for her to accept a symbiont?

It was an emergency, if they hadn't transferred the symbiont to Ezri then Dax would die. There was no choice.

The Fact of the matter (Trek Fact) is that about 90% of Trills can be hosts but go back and watch the episode (Season 3 Equilibrium) and you'll see that Sisko threatens them that if they allow Jadzia to die for a lie then everyone will know what that lie was. Because of that threat they didn't allow Jadzia to die and the secret was upheld.

So do I think Sisko told the ships captain about the secret and that's why they put Dax into Ezri? No, I don't think that but I also think it would be over analysing to go that deep into it.

Ezri was the only Trill available and Dax was near death, the choice was to let Dax die or save it by joining it with Ezri. They chose to save it with the joining.

Of course the real reality is that TPTB weren't finished with the Dax character and it's relationship with Sisko, Worf and the rest of the station's crew and inhabitants so they "joined" Dax with Ezri and continued the character.

Here's an idea.  Bring Jadzia Dax and Ezri, before she joined with Dax.  Although, the question is what "things" would you bring, people aren't things. ;)

Bring them where? How would you bring Jadzia anyplace? She died in season 6, the Dax symbiont was removed and inserted into Ezri.

Here's an idea.  Bring Jadzia Dax and Ezri, before she joined with Dax.  Although, the question is what "things" would you bring, people aren't things. ;)

Bring them where? How would you bring Jadzia anyplace? She died in season 6, the Dax symbiont was removed and inserted into Ezri.

Bring Jadzia Dax and Ezri, before she joined with Dax.

Jadzia Dax BEFORE she died, and Ezri BEFORE she joined with Dax. ;)

Bring Jadzia Dax and Ezri, before she joined with Dax.

Jadzia Dax BEFORE she died, and Ezri BEFORE she joined with Dax. ;)

There would have been no reason to bring the 2 of them together while Jadzia was alive, both from a production stand point and from a story stand point. The only reason Ezri is brought into the picture is because of the fact that Jadzia died and even then it's only a happenstance that Ezri was on the ship that was transporting the Dax symbiont.

OMG! ;) We're not talking about DS9, but some guy's "fantasy" of having them stranded with him on a desert island.

OMG! ;) He asked a Star Trek question. If you read this post clearly you will see that the "Deserted Island" post is a completely different post, NOT this one. And "Some Guy" was ME. At the point you interjected your idea we were discussing the process of joining a Symbiont and a host and your statement made no sense, something about bringing Jadzia and Ezri someplace or bringing them together.