Sign in to follow this  
Danny

Worf is a bad guy on DS9?

I jus watched perhaps my 2nd episode of DS9 ever (I'm a Next Gen guy) and I see Worf commanding a Klingon ship and he takes Quark & someothers hostage and tries to destroy the Defiant (which was commanded by Chief O'Brien). This has got me confused to heck. How is Worf bad if he is good during the Motion pictures? He was working with this Bajoran girl (I think her name is Quira). I thought she was a station commander or something so why is she bad also?

At the moment I can't really recall the episode in which Worf tried to destroy the Defiant but I do know that Worf and Kira are not bad people on DS9. There is a lot of conflict on DS9 but they are not bad people. There have been times when Worf has gone away on Klingon ships with or without General Martok. The Klingons are Starfleets allies and have proven very useful in conflicts against the Dominion and others. Sisco is the commander of the station and Kira is his first officer. Kira isn't bad either. She is just fighting for the rights and freedom of her Bajoran people..

Kinda hard to explain all of DS9 in 1 paragragh. But lets just say that DS9 is quite different than TNG. It has lots of conflict and lots of good and bad relationships are explored. If you watch more of it I'm sure you will like it..

Edited by spacetigger

Danny, you have just had an encounter with the mirror universe. Worf and Kira are some empire against the humans......

dont worrk, its not a norm!

Yeah, that must be it! It was in one of the Evil Mirror Universe Episodes..Like TZ said, it's not the norm.. But they were interesting episodes..

That episode is "The Emperors New Cloak" from season 7 and is indeed a Mirror Universe episode. Don't feel bad for being confused though. I would never recommend a Mirror Universe episode to be one of the first 20 or 25 episodes to watch. In fact someone had suggested that the Mirror Universe be used for a DS9 movie and I opposed the idea for the exact reason that you were confused.

hehe ok. That's extremely weird to have a mirror episode. It ended like it was the usual thing. My plan is to start buying the box sets after I collect all the TNG sets and watch them in order. I plan to do the same with Voyager since I have only seen 2-3 episodes of that show as well. Should make for a few years of entertainment.

It's not weird to have a mirror ep... they did it on the original series. In fact, Kirk changed the mirror universe...

Anywho, the ferengi's you saw in the mirror universe were from the regular universe, so it isn't completely based on the mirror universe. Welcome to the community btw.

hehe ok. That's extremely weird to have a mirror episode. It ended like it was the usual thing. My plan is to start buying the box sets after I collect all the TNG sets and watch them in order. I plan to do the same with Voyager since I have only seen 2-3 episodes of that show as well. Should make for a few years of entertainment.

They actually had 5 or 6 Mirror Episodes through the 7 year run of DS9. They weren't my favorite episodes but I liked them all for the most part.

Like I said earlier though, I wouldn't recommend those episodes for anyone that's just getting to know the show. They can be confusing if you aren't familiar with the back story of DS9's Mirror Universe.

I never really cared for those mirror episodes, myself, Kira was just way too annoying, as were Bashir, Dax, etc. etc. Not really where you should start on this series ... definitely begin at the beginning. This show was excellent from very first episode. I can't say the same for TNG ... their first season was excruciating. We actually thought about not purchasing season 1 and just starting with season 2 or 3 for our TNG collection.

Kira was just way too annoying, as were Bashir, Dax, etc. etc.

Yeah I didn't care for the Intendant. I thought it was an interesting "twist" that they decided to make her bi-sexual though. That's not something you see openly displayed on most shows and unheard of for a Star Trek show. I remember that "The Kiss" between Kira and Ezri caused quite a discussion among a few of my friends lol.

This show was excellent from very first episode.  I can't say the same for TNG ... their first season was excruciating.

Season 1 and 2 had a few really good episodes (at least ones I liked). The Big Goodbye and The Neutral Zone in season one then Elementary, Dear Data and The Royale in season 2 were a few bright spots for those seasons.

Season 1 and 2 had a few really good episodes (at least ones I liked). The Big Goodbye and The Neutral Zone in season one then Elementary, Dear Data and The Royale in season 2 were a few bright spots for those seasons.

You know what? I actually liked Dr. Pulaski! I was glad to see Beverly back in season 3, but wasn't Pulaski in that episode you're talking about "Elementary, Dear Data?" TNG got it right a few times early on, I agree ... but it wasn't until season 3 that they REALLY got their space legs, IMO.

It's funny ... my husband and I can tell at a glance which season an episode is from as soon as we see Deanna's hair.

Back to DS9, though ... I think character development was pretty solid very early on. Don't you agree?

(I pretty much hated Kira's alterego in those mirror eps ... I guess that was the point, huh.)

Back to DS9, though ... I think character development was pretty solid very early on.  Don't you agree?

I do. Character development is one thing DS9 did VERY well. They developed all of their main cast to an incredible point. Each cast member was the focus of several episodes and it really brought their characters alive... for me anyway.

Worf was just young, that's why he growled so much. Young Klingons have a tendency to do that, he mellowed out as he got older. :clap:

thats a good mirror episode.. didnt that have ds9s second grl-grl kiss?.. mirror ezri and mirror kira rite?

Yes, the first was Jadzia and a former husband (or wife) that was in a new host.