Sign in to follow this  
archerfan

Battlestar Galactica Premiere

What did you think of the new Battlestar Galactica?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the new Battlestar Galactica?

• I loved it!
    • I liked it.
    • I need to see more episodes before I decide.
    • I didn't like it.
    • I hated it!

Personally I really liked it. I thought they did a good job keeping with the original story while creating new elements to it. I like the cast and the FX were great. I will definatley watch the next episode tonight.

Click for Spoiler:

I really wasn't as bothered by Starbuck being a woman as I thought I would be. I do have one issue with the beginning though. I didn't really get the whole kiss in the beginning and I think they could of had a better opening sequence than that. It was really cool and creepy when the cylons first appeared but that kiss ruined it for me.

I really interested to hear what you all thought of it. I was surprised nobody has posted anything about it yet.

I'll watch the conclusion tonight but I wasn't thrilled with it. I noticed some major, major differences and that's hard when you're a fan of the old series or you liked the characters. They had a whole season to grow on you but this is a two night mini series.

This is not a glowing review

Click for Spoiler:

The characters were darker, much more flawed; everyone was at odds with each other. I thought they spent too much time building up to the attack. In all fairness none of the characters got much screen time so it was difficult ot develop an affinity to them but the one that had the most screen presence for me was "Boomer" and Mary McDonnell did a pretty decent job - well I guess the cylon did too. Okay women do better in this movie for me.

I didn't like Starbuck, I don't even know if I'd like the old Starbuck now - but he played the gambling and general ne'er attitude do well with humor - but this one was edgier (meaner). Oh well, my apologies to those that liked it...I'd say Olmos was right - this isn't for fans of the old series

I just finished watching the first one, and am watching the second one now, although I have been a little distracted by the computer it seems like they have done a pretty good job with it so far but I will have to see more before I can make a final judgement.

After watching the second episode I have to update my review. I liked it better tonight - got more used to the characters.

Click for Spoiler:

considering what I said in my first post regardng the character I liked best that ending came as a real shocker although I'm guessing some other major character will be a cylon as well

For those of you who have seen the mini-series tell me what you think of it.

Was it as good as the original or was it a disappointment,

I for one thought it showed some promise. It was different from the old time classic but I decided to give it a chance. If I were doing a poll I would rate it with an eight out of ten.

There was plenty of skin in this movie. Oh well, this is the 21st century. They put any and everything on television nowadays. Anyway tell me what your opinion of the show is. :( :(

It was better than what I expected. I did think there was to much skin in the first part and I thought the new Starbuck ws the most masculine female in the entore movei. Even Boomer ws more... Lady like.

To be honest with you I actually like it. It will never take the place of the priginal in my eyes but it was not a bad show. I think the sexuality was a bit over done and at first I thought Apollo was a buthole. The main thing is that the new version is grittier and more realistic but the old BG had more of a mythic feeling to it. The new female Cylons were um nice but I miss the old crome centurions.

I didn't like it, the way they move the camera around at times was distracting and the FX weren't fulfilling either (for me anyway). I know that sound in space isn't realistic, but Gene Roddenberry learned that without the expected sound effects in a space sequence the visual is left pretty dull.

I honestly don't see this series lasting very long. It's pretty hard to remake a series, especially with some of the changes they've made.

Well after watching the conclusion I still say that I really liked it. I liked the characters still. I thought Adama was a commanding force and I liked the way his relationship with Apollo was written. I really loved to hate Guinan. I never could tell what his real motives were and I liked that. The actor that played him did a great job. He really looked freaked out. I thought the FX were great and I had a real sense of trepidation during the battle sequences.

Click for Spoiler:

I thought it was so awesome when Starbuck rammed Apollo's fighter and flew them onto the landing strip.

After seeing both parts I would have to say I did like the show. It did not make me jump up and down and I do like the old show so much better. If they do make it into a show I will watch it depending on what time they have it on. I do think that besides stargate this is the best thing that they have had on sifi in a long time.