Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Some interesting Enterprise Trivia

This is some really cool stuff about Enterprise:

-Admiral Forest is named after DeForest Kelley. Similarly, Commander Williams and Admiral Leonard from the pilot "Broken Bow: Part One" are named after series stars William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy.

-Archer's first name was originally Jackson, but there was exactly one person in the country named Jackson Archer. To avoid libel lawsuits, Jonathan was chosen for a name because there were 20 Jonathan Archers.

-Scott Bakula jokingly suggested prior to the filming of the two-hour premiere that Captain Jonathan Archer's middle name might be Beckett, a reference to his previous television series, Quantum Leap.

-The bridge set has 80 plasma screens built into it

-Dominic Keating was denied a callback for a guest shot on "Star Trek: Voyager" because Rick Berman wanted him for this.

-Connor Trinneer discovered a lot of his friends were closet Trekkies when he got his role.

-In Capt. Archer's cabin, there is a photo on the wall of a Pan American World Airways Boeing Clipper. Gene Roddenberry was, at one time a pilot for Pan Am.

-The Inspection Pod in "Broken Bow" is actually a minor redesign of the cockpit section of Zefram Cochrane's Phoenix from "First Contact".

-During its first run it was the most special effects-laden television show on the networks, with a reported 2,700 effects shots in the first season alone. Roughly 300 in the two hour pilot and an average of 100 per episode.

-The average budget for each episode of Enterprise in its first season was $3,500,000. Due to both the successes of the show and more creative technicalities required for further seasons, the budget was increased to $5,000,000 starting with the first episode of season two "Shockwave Part II".

-After the space shuttle Columbia disaster on 1 February 2003, last-minute editing on the episode "Canamar" was done to remove a shot of a spaceship exploding as it reenters a planet's atmosphere ( I remember discussing this with someone on the StarTrek.com boards)

-In the show's opening credits, there is a "mystery ship" that appears right before Captain Archer's Enterprise (and after the shot of Zefram Cochrane's "Phoenix"). The mystery ship has a more primitive layout than the Enterprise, and huge blue impulse engines. This ship has never been named, and no explanation has been given as to what its function is, although some fans speculate that it may be the S.S. Valiant mentioned in the original series episode "Where No Man Has Gone Before".

-The advanced shuttle shown in Earth orbit in the opening credits bears the registry number "DV-169".

-The total cost of Enterprise for two full seasons is approximately $229,500,000 - one of the top 5 most expensive shows on current US television.

I don't know if anyone else finds this interesting but I think that a lot of this is cool. Note that this is directly copied from the IMDB which accounts for the explanation.

I found it very interesting. It's cool that Star Trek (ENT) is still able to capture a record for doing something just like the good old days!

This ship has never been named, and no explanation has been given as to what its function is, although some fans speculate that it may be the S.S. Valiant mentioned in the original series episode "Where No Man Has Gone Before".

That would be sweet. I hope no one is able to come up with a reason why it couldn't be.

-After the space shuttle Columbia disaster on 1 February 2003, last-minute editing on the episode "Canamar" was done to remove a shot of a spaceship exploding as it reenters a planet's atmosphere ( I remember discussing this with someone on the StarTrek.com boards)

I remember that thread! :eek:

-The average budget for each episode of Enterprise in its first season was $3,500,000. Due to both the successes of the show and more creative technicalities required for further seasons, the budget was increased to $5,000,000 starting with the first episode of season two "Shockwave Part II".

:dude: I also remember the day back in 198-something, I was struck with awe about TNG episodes costing 1,000,000 per episode, things sure have changed... well, rambled enough for now, thanks for posting.

Stardate:213940.9

Those are cool,thanks for sharing.

I especially like the idea of Captian Archer's middle name being Bekket.That would be a good way of paying homage to Sam and Quantum Leap.I have always thought they should pay homage to Quantum Leap in some way.Maybe in one of the episodes where Archer travels through time he could "Leap"(they could do the special effect)That would be so freaking cool!!!!!!!

I especially like the idea of Captian Archer's middle name being Bekket.That would be a good way of paying homage to Sam and Quantum Leap.I have always thought they should pay homage to Quantum Leap in some way.Maybe in one of the episodes where Archer travels through time he could "Leap"(they could do the special effect)That would be so freaking cool!!!!!!!

I am waiting for the writer's to slip and "Oh boy" in there during a stressful situation. LOL

Thanks for the info, I find it most interesting that with the rumors that ENT has never met Paramount's expectations that they double the budget after season one due to it's success.

[glow=red]Stardate:213940.9

I have always thought they should pay homage to Quantum Leap in some way.

Well they did have Dean Stockwell who played "Al" in Quantum Leap make an apperance in 'Detained' during the first season. Thats probably going to be all the homage we will get.

Thanks for sharing the Trivia JB! :(

Thanks for that Trivia. I found it quite interesting. I'm glad they payed homage to DeForest Kelly with the name of Admiral Forester. I'm also glad that Archer's first name isn't Jackson... doesn't sound good. Reminds me of Jacko. Also, I was always expecting Dean Stockwell to return because Archer did mention his character again in 2 days and 2 nights if i'm correct. I thought they were hinting that he was an important character to the TCW somehow.

I have always thought they should pay homage to Quantum Leap in some way.

Well they did have Dean Stockwell who played "Al" in Quantum Leap make an apperance in 'Detained' during the first season. Thats probably going to be all the homage we will get.

Thanks for sharing the Trivia JB! :biggrin:

[glow=red]Stardate:213938.7

Oh yeah duh!!!:slapped self on forhead: I completely forgot about Dean being on the show.

It might be fun for those who have watched Quantum Leap, but to me it would just feel like the character Jonathan Archer wasn't "real", hard to explain, I think you understand me...?