Sign in to follow this  
Abakai2003

What is your earliest memory

What is your first memory involving Star Trek?

For me I was about 5 or 6 and my farther was watching TOS the episode was Operation --Annihilate!. I remember quite clearly the Denevan neural parasites and that they scared the hell out of me and I seem to remember a referance to the Klingons. at that age I put two and two together and came up with Neural parasites are stuck all over the place and they are hard to remove, ergo they cling, there for they must be the Klingons. It wasn't until I was much older that I got into Trek and found out how wrong I was. :rolleyes::bag:

I don't know that I could tell what my earliest Star Trek memory is. It;s just always been there. In 1976 I was given all kinds of Star Trek stuff for Christmas, I had an Enterprise Bridge with transporter, I had Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Scotty. They were dolls about the size of a Ken doll. I also got a Star Trek (TOS) Phaser and a set of Communicator walkie talkies. Like I said, that was 1976 and I know I have memories of Star Trek that go back further, all the way back to the formation of my memory.

Hard for me to remember what my very first Star Trek memory is. But, one of my early memories seem to involve the episode 'Bread and Circuses'. I was in a department store looking model trains which was a big hobby of mine as a teen. Behind the counter they had a TV on and Star Trek was on. Of course I wasn't able to see that whole episode then but I was fascinated by that small glimpse of that show. My Star Trek hobby soon overtook my model train hobby..!

One of my first Trek related memories is a book I was given when I was about 5 or 6. It was a 4 scene pop-up book called "Giant in the Universe". In the book, Kirk, Spock, Scotty and Uhura beam down to a planet, get stuck in glass jars by the "evil giant scientist" (complete with laughter) melt their way out of the jars using their phasers and then beam back up. Basically, 1/4 the story of an animated episode of Trek. :bag:

I also saw STTMP in the theater, when it came out! I was all of 7. :rolleyes:

Other than that, watched the occasional episode, but didn't really get into it until I was about 12.

My first Trek memory is of watching Star Trek, the original series, when I rememberred, as this was before Cable TV became popular and when lotsof 60's TV shows were on. The original Star Trek was one of them, but back then, McGyver (spelling?) was my favorite show. The first time I saw TNG, the crew were having a meeting in the observation louge. I thought it was borring, so I left the room. I finally caught "The Best of Both Worlds, Part II" as a re-run, and that's when I became a fan. :rolleyes:

In 1976 I was given all kinds of Star Trek stuff for Christmas, I had an Enterprise Bridge with transporter, I had Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Scotty. They were dolls about the size of a Ken doll.

OMG! I had that set too! I think I also had the Uhura and Sulu dolls. Do you still have it? I stupidly lost mine in the course of growing up. I also had the Planet Of The Apes set, which came with the dolls and an ape house. You don't know the fun I had merging the Star Trek and the Planet Of The Ape's worlds with those toys :bag:

I vividly remember my first encounter with Star Trek. It was the episode "Space Seed" from the OS. It was the original prime time airing (yes, I'm that old, but I was very young then :rolleyes: ), I watched it with my mom ... who was/is a huge fan of the OS.

Edited by Big_Steve

My earliest memory of Trek is hearing about from a friend, we were playing (we were kids, I was eight) he stopped the game saying he had to go because ST was coming on. By the time I got to a TV to see it for myself, a scene involving an argument between Spock and McCoy was playing out and the hook was set for life.

My earliest Star Trek memory was watching TOS during it's original run..I was around 7 years old when it premiered...with my father. We were one of the first families in our neighborhood to purchase a color TV, and my dad is a sci fi fan. I don't remember particular episodes I watched, but I do remember that I loved Mr Spock because he was so smart!! I didn't really become a fan until the early seventies when TOS went into syndication. By then, I was in my early teens and was able to catch the moral and cultural messages Gene Roddenberry was sending and getting past the TV censors of the sixties by disguising controversial subjects as science fiction. It was then I realized just how brilliant this man was and I was hooked! Oh, and since I was now a teenaged girl, it was Captain Kirk I loved rather than Mr Spock...for obvious reasons!

My earliest Trek memory was sitting in the living room of a house we used to live in, watching TNG with my mom. It was before I was even in school, and my sister was at school and my dad was at work. My mom and I used to watch it together every day. That was great.

I remember seeing the season previews for TOS, I was a kid, and thinking I want to watch that. I remember my sister was out so I watched the premier on her little 10 inch black and white TV. I really don't remember if my dad let me watch it in the living room or not (stilll B&W)- once he fell asleep the tv was ours. :rolleyes:

I remember standing in the living room of our "vacation" house, which is the house I live in now, watching my sister and brother channel flip. There were all of four channels here then, and that day, it was "that space show" or nothing. I seem to remember it was The Savage Curtain. The next day, we were still here, and there was still nothing on, so we watched "that Spock thing" again. (Notice the progress we made in a day! :rolleyes: ) We went home the next day, but I was hooked. 4:00 every afternoon. Pre-VCR, so we watched it then or never! In reference to another thread, I had a couple on audio tape, as well.

my earliest trek memories include my grandmother, she was and is very religious, and trek was one of the only things we could watch so i remember as a kid in the 70's watching TOS reruns. oh how i long for those days of simplicity sometimes.(WAKEUP)

My mother was very stricted about what we could see on television when we were permitted to watch it. There was chores to be done and the scriptures to read. My parents didn't see much use in allowing us to watch science fiction. I don't honestly know how my brother got hooked on it but he always seemed to get around our folks and the rules of the house. I can remember him taking me to the movie to see them and the books and comics he had stached that he allowed me to read. As I grew up, in my 20's, I turned my kid brother on to Star Trek as well. It must of been after I was 22 because I remember driving my kid brother to fan club meetings and I didn't get my drivers license until I was 22.

My earliest memory of Star Trek is when I was 4 or 5 years old. It was a Christmas party at my aunt's house. The only I remember that I didn't like Kirk, but Spock get my attention. :laugh:

I was very young and I remember the music and picard and data. the first episode I remember is the one where there's a big gloopy alien and picard walks into a dark room to talk to it and it got him (sorta scary!) about 6 or 7 years ago I saw one of the original episodes and it was then that I was hooked! we got the scifi channel a few years later and i recorded all tos and tos movies. I've always liked spock the best :laugh::look:

When I was little-like 7 or 8-and we went to my grand parents' house, I remeber that my brother and I always used to get agravated because we couldn't watch TV after seven o'clock because my grandpa had to watch his Star Trek. I thought it was aboring adult show then, but one day, when it was almost over, I decided to go into the living room to see what was going on on the show, just out of curiosity. I sat in there and watched the last ten minutes of it with them. The episode, as I later found out, was "Skin of Evil", the on where Yar gets killed. I walked in just as Captain Picard walked onto the holodeck. Since I didn't know what that was, who any of the people were, or what was going on, I thought they had just stepped off a spaceship, and what was happening confused me, especially when the holodeck door disapeared. But it also made me interested. After watching the tail end of that show, I wanted to know more about the series. From that day on I liked ST:TNG.

My first actuall memory was when I was about four. I was sitting with my dad watching TNG. All I remember was a bald man standing next to a man with a shiny sash and a wierd head, I couldn't tell what the background was. And I called it Star Trak.

But I know I've been watching Trek pretty much since I was born. :frusty:

When I was little, my parents did not watch Star Trek much, as it was already the 90s, but when it came on they enjoyed it. I am not sure what came first, so I will relate both incidences. One was where my parents were watching TOS. It was on the bridge and people were walking around. I recall thinking it looked boring because everyone was in these oridinary uniforms with an "A" on the shirt and there were no cool-looking aliens. Another times, I came in when my parents were watching TNG and saw Geordi and Data crouching down, looking, I assume, at some conduit. My sister was very intrigued with Geordi's VISOR. :sly:

My earliest Trek memory is, at age 13, watching Kirk and Spock playing 3D chess on the series premier of TOS in 1967. Hopefully my memory is still accurate. :sly: