Sign in to follow this  

Trekkie Or Trekker?

Is Trekkie and Trekker two words meaning the same thing?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Is Trekkie and Trekker two words meaning the same thing?

• Yes, it's just a personal preference.
    • No, there's a difference.

I'm an old Trekkie. I always thought Trekker implied actual participation in the Trek universe . Any one here boldly go where no man has gone before? Unless you just deflowered a virgin, I think not. (pardon my vulgarity)

Edited by deadmeatsecurityguy

The biggest problem is we can't agree on what the definition of Trekkie and Trekker are. Everyone has their own idea of what each is. Some people have a definition of Trekkie that others would say defines a Trekker and vis versa. That's why I think they are two words that mean the same thing.

For me, it's personal preference. I'm a Trekkie because I just don't like the sound of Trekker.

Yes, it's just a personal preference. Both Trekker and Trekkie means the same thing, and sometimes I call myself for a Trekker, other times a Trekkie. And yet other times I say Star Trek fan.

By the way Gene Roddenberry means that Trekkie is the right term! He said that in an interview there he encountered some fans and said they were trekkies, there they said trekkers. Then he said back; No, Trekkies. I should know, I invented the term!

:dude:

I voted.."Yes, it's just a personal preference"..but i consider myself none of the two,i hate labels and being a "Trekkie or Trekker" is putting a label on something i am not,i just love the shows and films. :dude:

either way, I would still be a Trekker by definition. I wasn't around in the 60's or 70's to see the original Trek or Trek movies, so by that definition I would be a Trekker. I don't wear Trek uniforms so that would still make me a Trekker.

But I don't really care what I'm called or am. Call me a Trekker. Call me a Trekkie. It still means the same thing when it gets down to the bone, I'm a Star Trek fan who loves Trek. Proud of it :dude:

There is a big differents even thoe what the two words mean have changed in the last ten years.

as for me kenny smith, i like the name of treker this is how it should sound,

if you like to get a lot of thing you can call your selfs trekes.