Sign in to follow this  
Mike

What do you think?

Which episode did you like better?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which episode did you like better?

• The Devil in the Dark
    • The Doomsday Machine

What do you think about these 2 episodes? They are both very good TOS stories. I'll always remember Commodore Decker telling Kirk about how he beamed down his crew to the planet and then it being utterly destroyed. A very well done story. Or how about the Devil story? Another fantastic TOS episode. I'll never forget Spocks meld with the Horta..What I seem to like about this story is that they ended up saving the creature and learned to work together..

I voted for The Devil in the Dark..

What do you all think?

I voted for "The Devil In The Dark" as well. I really liked this episode. It's one of my favorite TOS episodes. Like spacetigger already said, I like the message it had in it (living together in peace, helping each other instead of destroying each other :lol: ).

Mrs. Captain Picard

I also voted for the Devil and for the same reasons.

But I also have a kind of strange connection to "The doomsday machine". Well I watched TOS while it was aired end of the 60ies. To that time the only thing I had to "tape" a show was an old tape recorder. I put the microphone in front of the TV and taped only the words and sounds. But to do that everyone else had to remain silent. So I only could do so when nobody else was at home. Therefore I had taped only a few epis. But I tell you I loved them!!!! And I knew every line by heart.

Nowadays kids may laugh about my story. But this also gives you, kids, a feeling how much the world had changed since then. To be able to communicate with Star Trek fans from all over the world had been beyond my wildest dreams.

Oh yeah, I'm I really that old??? *grin*

To that time the only thing I had to "tape" a show was an old tape recorder. I put the microphone in front of the TV and taped only the words and sounds. But to do that everyone else had to remain silent.

Unbelievable Stardreamer..! So, I wasn't the only one who did that back then?! I taped a lot of TOS episodes onto cassete tapes and would listen to them all the time. Like you said everybody had to be quiet during those tapings..Incredible how far we have come..Now, we have DVDs that we can just pop in and watch whatever Trek episode that we want..

Doomsday and Devil are 2 great episodes and are worthy of high TOS praise.. :lol:

I voted Devil in the Dark. And I remember having to sit by the phone while my brother taped the episodes in case the phone rang. My job was to pick it up REAL fast, so it didn't mess up the recording.

It's all about the Devil in the Dark. It's been a lont time since I watched it but I remember this episode being really sad for some reason.

Devil in the Dark.

The "devil in the dark" turned out to be a blessedly devoted mother! Classic Star Trek!

Well, it's a difficult choice. I've thought about it a day or so and I have to go with Doomsday Machine.

William Windom, as Commodore Decker, gave us one of the very best acting moments of the entire series.

"They say there's no devil Jim ... but I saw it ... straight out of hell, I saw it" (mouth wide open, head shaking).

10 ... 9 ... 8 ... 7 ... 6 ...Kirk: "Gentlemen, I suggest you beam me aboard" 5 ... 4 ... 3 ...

Edited by Big_Steve

To that time the only thing I had to "tape" a show was an old tape recorder. I put the microphone in front of the TV and taped only the words and sounds. But to do that everyone else had to remain silent.

Unbelievable Stardreamer..! So, I wasn't the only one who did that back then?! I taped a lot of TOS episodes onto cassete tapes and would listen to them all the time. Like you said everybody had to be quiet during those tapings..Incredible how far we have come..Now, we have DVDs that we can just pop in and watch whatever Trek episode that we want..

Doomsday and Devil are 2 great episodes and are worthy of high TOS praise.. :blink:

I did that too. In fact, I was listening to one of my taped TOS episodes when my dad rolled up to the door with the fork lift bringing in our first VCR. lol

Doomsday Machine

It was a very tough decision but I had to go with Devil in The Dark. It had a great message of peaceful coexistance.