Sign in to follow this  
amitabhverma8

Pick One Director For Star trek XI movie

which director do you think should direct the next trek movie?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. which director do you think should direct the next trek movie?

• james cameroon
    • steven spieldberg
    • john woo
    • Robert Zemeckis
    • Roland Emerich
    • Ronalnd D Moore and Nick Meyer
    • Leonard nimoy and william shatner
    • jonathan frakes
    • Robert Duncan Mcneal
    • Talented Star Trek fans

I Voted for............... Jonathan Frakes.

291480[/snapback]

Me too! He was good at directing ST: First Contact, so he would be good at directing another movie. :borgqueen:

:elephant:

Now that would be an interesting movie if Quentin Tarantino directed it. :hug: I voted for Roland Emerich. He movies are heavy in special efforts, but the story is not lost.

Edited by Odie

It really depends on the story.

If it's a strong premise then it would work, although I choose Brian Singer because he did such a good job with X-Men and he seems to have a very creative mind, along with respecting the source material he's working with.

Jonathan Frakes was a good director but I'm not certain if he wants to come back to the franchise after already directing two movies.

:(

I would like to see a St film with Steven spieldberg as the director,i really think he would do a great job i mean look at his track record,i cant think of one bad film he has made :)

291307[/snapback]

*cough* 1941

*cough, cough* A.I.

291357[/snapback]

All right, van Roy, that is exactly what I was going to say and exactly how I was going to say it! :) You just beat me to it.

In all honesty though, Spielberg is a huge talent. I doubt he would "slum" it with Star Trek, though ... he really likes to do his own thing.

I voted for Moore and Meyer. But really, isn't it more about the script than it is the director? I mean, anyone could direct a film effectively ... anyone on your list would do just fine IF they had a decent story to work with.

I hope they never allow that Bruckheimer guy to get his hands on Trek ... what a travesty that would be. I'm sorry, but his movies suck (with the exception of Pirates of the Carribean ... and that is just because I got to look at Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom for a couple of hours!). I really hate his style and I don't think it would mesh well with Trek at all.

Please don't throw things at me! I get fairly passionate over a small number of things and Bruckheimer is one of those things (Armageddon? Pearl Harbor? Con-Air? puleeeeze :laugh: )

There are only 2 directors in the ST franchise that have consistently done a great job. They are Nick Meyer and Leonard Nimoy. While Jonathan Frakes is a good actor, his lack of attention to details and general "Ed Wood" approach to directing have made the movies he's directed suffer. Frakes directing is what made "First Contact" merely a good movie rather than the grand epic it could have been.

[All right, van Roy, that is exactly what I was going to say and exactly how I was going to say it! :) You just beat me to it.

I "just" beat you to it by about 12 days. :yawn:

294238[/snapback]

Dude, give me a break! :laugh: It was Christmas and it FELT like it went on for 12 days (and not in a good way).

Believe me, I would rather have been out here talkin' Trek than at the majority of family functions I was required to participate in. :) Resistance was futile.

There are only 2 directors in the ST franchise that have consistently done a great job. They are Nick Meyer and Leonard Nimoy. While Jonathan Frakes is a good actor, his lack of attention to details and general "Ed Wood" approach to directing have made the movies he's directed suffer. Frakes directing is what made "First Contact" merely a good movie rather than the grand epic it could have been.

294246[/snapback]

Are you sure about that? I heard FC is the second highest money maker after TWOK...

A good director does not a good movie make; it's the writing that matters imo.

Actually, the highest money maker is ST:The Motion Picture. Hard to believe, but its true

I'd vote for Quark if he was on the list and I know he'd make sure its an exotic Star Trek.

On a serious note, I voted for Spie... how did you spell his name? Spielburg? Anyway, I'd like to see what Steven would come up with. I thought of G. Lucas too ut he's not listed. I just wondered what the father of Star Wars would do with Star Trek. I'm trying to imagine Klingons with lightsabers.