Sign in to follow this  
Trip

ANyone see the trailer for next week?

Ok I really hope its not going to turn out like the trailer showed it! I mean trip dying that just cant be. IMO he really makes the show! anyone else have any views on this!

They won't kill Trip off, the reason I'm sure of this is...

Click for Spoiler:

Look ahead in the Enterprise Synopsis at ST.COM and you will see that the episodes that follow next weeks episode still list Trip as being in those episodes.

Eh, Trip won't be killed off mid-season, that never happens unless the actor has conflict with the producers ;) . However, when season comes to an end or begins... then we're in trouble! :o :lol:

Anywho, my impression from the trailer is that Trip dies and is replaced by a clone. If this happens, woud the clone really be Trip even if, by some miracle, it has his memories and so forth? Oh man, just thinking about it is exciting! I am so gonna avoid spoilers for this one! :lol:

Well IMO their is no way Trip is going to die so it will be interesting watching what it's really all about. The thing that really stunned me was seeing T'pol and Trip kissing, now what is with that? I guess I will have to wait until next week! WOOOHOO :lol:

Ya know, Trip's my favorite character... he better not be replaced by some clone! :lol: Then again, each series has a character that gets replaced by themself...

TOS - Spock puts his Katra in McCoy's head, Spock dies, Spock's body is reborn, accelerated growth, then Katra slapped back in. Same old Spock, new body... kind'a. :lol: "ST-2"

TNG - Scientists discover Data's 500-year-old head, after having his head blown off in a wacky time travel adventure, Data's 500-year-old head is attached. "Time's Arrow"

DS9 - O'Brien dies in the future and is replaced by his future self. "Visionary"

VOY - Harry gets sucked out a hull breach, but is replaced by himself from an identical Voyager. "Deadlock"

Maybe this will be ENT's turn doing a "kill off a character and replace him with himself" story?

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

I just went to star trek.com and here is what they said.

Click for Spoiler:

that trip is badly injured and the dr makes a clone of him to save trip and while the clone rapidly grows he has memorys and starts to act like trip so IMO thats why they bury him as it is the clone after they heal the real trip and the whole show is the crew watching the clone grow and they learn to care for the clone as well as the B story so CJLP is right.

It sounds very, very interesting. I'm going to avoid all spoilers until next Wednesday!

Eh, Trip won't be killed off mid-season, that never happens unless the actor has conflict with the producers ;) .  However, when season comes to an end or begins... then we're in trouble! :o  :lol:

Anywho, my impression from the trailer is that Trip dies and is replaced by a clone.  If this happens, woud the clone really be Trip even if, by some miracle, it has his memories and so forth?  Oh man, just thinking about it is exciting!  I am so gonna avoid spoilers for this one! :lol:

Have you forgotten Tasha Yar? :o

The people that put those trailers together are shameless, absolutely shameless. Somewhere in my travels across the web I read about this episode.

Major spoiler!

Click for Spoiler:

Trip is injured and Archer approves Phlox's treatment which involves growing a clone (who has a lifespan of 14 days from infancy to death) for spare parts.

So the infant is the clone Trip, I'm sure the casket is the clone Trip and oooohhh do I hope the kiss is the cloned Trip. And the "real" Trip will live.

Edited by Alterego

thanks CJLP.....ill try and find it then when i get ahold of it, ill toss the mp3 (hehehe)

Click for Spoiler:

you know what im talking about!

I believe the trailer music was "Amazing Grace" instrumental version.

We've talked a great deal on this board about how the future will be nonreligious (according to some) but they still play Amazing Grace at funerals. They played it at Spock's funeral too - which really made you wonder - Amazing Grace at A Vulcan funeral?

Guest Guest

The reason why they would choose that song is likely to evoke an emotional reaction from the audience. I'm not saying religion won't be around in 300 years, but a new song would hardly make a connection with the viewers. I mean, really, "Amazing Grace" at a Vulcan funeral? Even for a half Vulcan, it just doesn't quite make much sense.

It wasn't a Vulcan funeral. It was a human funeral. It was humans who were mourning (with the exception of Saavik.). So they honored Spock in their way. Funerals are more for the living than the dead anyway. If there is no time for mourning, there will be repression. And repression is not a good thing.

CQ

the xindi blew up earth and then it was whole

all humans had been assimilated and then we were human again

spock got nuked in a warp toaster and then he survived to school picard on romulan ethics

kirk got fried by a bot of zeus' lightining and then boxed along side picard

i think we have been proved time and time again...that nothing will ever be permanent in the star trek world

btw id be willing to start a betting poll on how they are gonna bring data back to life

I didn't see the trailer for next week but I heard about it from a friend. I hope that "Trip" doesn't die. He is one of the main characters of Enterprise. I hope it is all a dream because I would be upset if Connor Trinneer's character were killed off.

I wouldn't stop watching the show or anything that drastic but I would miss seeing that handsome face on Enterprise. :)

He is such a cutie. :) :look:;)

Edited by KayTroi