Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Star Wars Fans Thread

i dont suppose anyone has seen episode 2.5 (no joke)

they are available on suprnova.. theyre called the clone wars and were a miniseries done on cartoon network thats authorized by lucasfilms that explains what happens between epsidoes 2 and 3

i kid u not, episode 2.5 is for real and is canon.

I have watched most of the first part of the cartoons but I have heard that there will be anouther set to come out before the next movie. By the way does anybody know the date of the next movie?

I'm not sure about Palpatine/Sidious...I feel a George Lucas swerve coming on with that one. :huh:

Yeah...They Are Both Played By Ian McDiramid....But I Can't Shake The Feeling That The Flanneled One Will Pull A Fast One On Us.

Well if you look at the starwars.com bios for Palpatine and Sidius you will see that Sidius is taller by I think 6 cm.

Of course Lucas might explain this as being because of Sidius's hood.

Edited by lt_van_roy

I have watched most of the first part of the cartoons but I have heard that there will be anouther set to come out before the next movie.  By the way does anybody know the date of the next movie?

The Clone Wars will be back with new episodes sometime this spring.

Episode III should be out in May, 2005 but there is no exact date, yet.

Here are two conflicting quotes from the link:

"First and foremost, the DVDs will deliver the very best possible sound and picture and take advantage of everything the medium can offer. ... "

The best possible sound (that I'm aware of) the medium is capable of delivering is DTS (Digital Theater Sound) but in the next paragraph it says this:

"The films of the Star Wars Trilogy will be available exclusively as a collection and will feature Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround EX. ... "

Now I don't care if they add "Surround EX" to it or not, 5.1 DD is NOT giving us the best possible sound imo. Giving us DTS would be.

I also noticed they do not mention what aspect ratio the picture will be in, I suspect they are going to rip us the way they did with Back To The Future and NOT gives us the full widescreen aspect ratio 16:9. :bow:

Eh, I Doubt They'll Screw Up The Screen Ratio On Them. I Can't Imagine That Mistake Happening Too Often.

But About The Sound Thing...Since I'm Not Savy With All The Technical Stuff....I Didn't Pick Up That. Thanks For Pointing That Out.

It's about time that they released The Original Trilogy on DVD. Now I can watch those movies properly. Star Wars movies that are actually decent, instead of the abysmal prequels.

:lol: :hug:;)

And For Those Of Us That Love The Prequels Too, We'll Have A 6 Movie Marthon Once They're All Out :lol:

And On That Subject, Yeah, Most Say The Originals Are Better Than Prequels, Then Rightly So, Since The Originals Are The End Of The Story.

Watching I-VI Will Make The Whole Experiance Of Watching SW That Much More Special. :hug:

But That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong. ;)

But That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

You actually could be right, and some people may prefer to watch them in chronological order I-VI.

I don't know though. I still think that it's best to watch them in production order. 'IV,V,VI,I,II,III'.

:lol:

And For Those Of Us That Love The Prequels Too, We'll Have A 6 Movie Marthon Once They're All Out

When ENT ends I'm gonna treat myself to a 5 series 10 movies (or more) marathon! :lol:

Yeah, Most Say The Originals Are Better Than Prequels, - .

Me too, they are so far (II was better) but III might make it all worth it.

Then Rightly So, Since The Originals Are The End Of The Story

If Lucas creates VII, VIII, VIIII then they become the middle. Think he should?

If Lucas creates VII, VIII, VIIII then they become the middle. Think he should?

Not sure yet. I am one of those people who feels that the original films were the best, however I still enjoy the new one's as well. At the moment I see episode 2 as being stronger than episode 1, so if episode 3 is better than episode 2 it's gonna be one hell of a film and could make Lucas consider making the last three.

This is my theory on the Palpatine-Sidious question (which I can only share here since I am banned from starwars.com for life).

:lol:

Sidious is the Emperor, but Palpatine is a clone. A clone under the control of Sidious. It is possible since Sidious has the connections with Kamino. When the time is right, Sidious will replace the clone and become the Emperor.

This could explain why Yoda didn't sense that Palpatine was evil from across a table. We know that clones can have their minds altered to be more controllable. I think that whenever Palp. meets the Jedi, he is a clone, but whenever something important comes up, then Sidious takes his place.

Either that or they are the same person.

That's just my theory anyway.

The only problem is that Yoda should be able to tell if Palp. is a clone, just as surely as he should be able to detect that he is evil, and I don't buy that cheap throwaway line about the Jedi's ability to use the force diminshing either.

Either this will be explained in Ep.III, or it will remain a giant plot-hole.

;)

Edited by William Stryker

This is my theory on the Palpatine-Sidious question (which I can only share here since I am banned from starwars.com for life).

Do I Know You?? :lol:

Something Tells Me I Do ;)

Hmm...Perhaps I'll Test My Theory

[Test]Triple H Is The Best Ever And No One Can Match His Talent. He Should Be Champion For Life.[/Test]

Edited by Sam The Smuggler

Test]Triple H Is The Best Ever And No One Can Match His Talent. He Should Be Champion For Life.[/Test]

Seething......with.......rage........

:lol: ;):hug:

Yeah, you know me. I 'was' called The Manhattan Project.

That screenname was suspended for some reason a few days ago, so I created a new one. I didn't know that I had to go to Forum Feedback, if I was frozen.

Once I created a new name I finally figured out how to alter my new name without creating a new account, which I didn't know in the past because when I tried, it kept taking me to the Hyperspace sign-up.

But because I had created a new name again, some loser called 'Master Mike' banned me. They also ludicrously accused me of flaming (which is not true) and making some "questionable comments" (which is highly relative, depending on whether someone agrees with me or not on something I may say).

So that was that, after four years on that site, I was banned.

Oh well.

Well, That Last Ban Was For Creating A New SN. Eh Well...I Know You Can Get "Rantish" At Times...But I Doubt You'd Go So Far As To Doing Anything Worth Banning You Over.

Anyways...Back To The Topic...

Oh And...There's A Wrestling Thread Somewhere's Around Here.