Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

[S]"Twilight" airdate 11/05

Episode No: 060

Original Air Date: 11.05.2003

Upcoming Air Date: 11.05.2003

A spatial distortion leaves Archer unable to form any new long-term memories. Years in the future, he wakes up one morning and is stunned to learn the outcome of the human-Xindi conflict.

Click for Spoiler:

After Enterprise is assaulted by severe spatial distortions, Archer loses the ability to form new, long-term memories, causing him to wake up each morning unaware that any time has passed since the day he was afflicted. Despite the crew's best efforts to keep him involved in decisions, it becomes clear over time that they can't continue to function in this manner, leading T'Pol to become his caretaker and Trip to take command of the ship.

240x320.jpg

In the future, Archer finds himself living on a bleak, desolate planet's colony in a modest home.

320x240.jpg

Enterprise is affected by an anomaly and soon after Archer is unable to form new, long-term memories.

240x320.jpg

T'Pol serves as caregiver to her former captain on a bleak, desolate planet.

:20 episode preview

Click for Spoiler:

Looks like this episode could be the best done by Enterprise. It looks cool because in the promo you can see Trip and T'pol in captain's uniforms. I like when they do that, switch colours for episodes like Data in Chain of Command or Future Imperfect or even Picard in Blue from Tapestry. Voyager also did a few times, both MacNiell (Red=regular, Blue=Author, Author, Yellow=Worst Case Scenario)and Picardo (Blue=regular, Red= ECH, Yellow (well that was Zimmerman)) wore all three colours at some point.

This looks kind of lame as far as moving the story along goes. You know at the end things'll go back to the way they were. The only difference might be that Archer will have some insight into what could happen with the Xindi and use the knowledge to prevent certain events.

On the other hand, it might give us some more insights into T'Pol's character. I think she's developing quite well this season. The episode with the nutty Zombie-Vulcan crew may leave an impression on her and get her acting more emotionally/less logically - it could make her even more interesting. Perhaps we'll see some of that future T'Pol in this episode?

Looks great.I'll be watching on Wednesday.I think Enterprise has finally hit its stride.The shows have been consistently good this season,and hopefully the best is yet to come.

I am looking forward to this.

240x320.jpg

COOL

Edited by Data

Looks great.I'll be watching on Wednesday.I think Enterprise has finally hit its stride.The shows have been consistently good this season,and hopefully the best is yet to come.

I totally agree with you. I thought Enterprise was pretty good the first and second season but it is certainly getting much better with every new episode. kudos to the writing and production staff of Enterprise for a job well done.

The episode with the nutty Zombie-Vulcan crew may leave an impression on her and get her acting more emotionally/less logically - it could make her even more interesting. Perhaps we'll see some of that future T'Pol in this episode?

I was thinking this one might cause her to begin acting less emotional. The "future scenes" of her suggested to me a less emotional T'pol but we'll see.

Is that picture of T'Pol supposed to be of the starfleet uni that everyones talking about?

If it is it doesn't look like it to me.

Years in the future, he wakes up one morning and is stunned to learn the outcome of the human-Xindi conflict.

In the future, Archer finds himself living on a bleak, desolate planet's colony in a modest home.

T'Pol serves as caregiver to her former captain on a bleak, desolate planet.

Click for Spoiler:

I take it Earth is destroyed and humanity scattered across space,like the Xindi in this future?

Probably something like that yeah. Predictable yes but I think it important to Archers growth and to show the viewers all that's at stake. Just forget what you know and pretend you're a newbie, this is your first series.

Yes, the fact that Bakula has a major part in it alone should make it good. Although I don't like his character in a I'd-like-to-know-him kind of way, Bakula has done a great job of evolving the character gradually over the first few seasons. I happened to stumble upon an old episode, "Breaking the Ice" from season 1(?), and noticed how bright-eyed and bushy-tailed Archer was then compared to now. Seeing that makes me look look forward to what this new episode might do for the character. T'Pol's character has moved along very well, too, in Blalock's hands and I'm sure we'll see some changes with her.

Can't wait! Don't have to be up at 4 am, so can stay awake for this one!!

All I have to say about this episode is WOW! I believe this is the best of the entire series to date. I LOVED this episode. This is an episode that could and likely will turn A LOT of heads!

No spoilers here but there are several references in this episode that a lot of people should recognize.

Here's a few screen captures from the episode (these could serve as Spoilers so don't look if you want to wait till it airs):

Click for Spoiler:

twilight.JPGtwilight2.JPG

twilight3.JPGtwilight4.JPG

Well I peeked. :lol:

Click for Spoiler:

Quite obviously a rehash of the similar time travel situation in Generations but I'm drooling...

:P

Any new crewmen mentioned VaBeachGuy? (My only obsession). But really, it has been a slow season for crewmen aside from the MACOs. I mean, I have Ensign McFalrand from the Xindi and that's it.

I am very excited about tonight's episode! I dropped Smallville from my weekly shows, so I'm back to watching ENT on Wednesday nights instead of Saturday nights.

This looks to be an excellent episode! Does it remind anyone else of VOY "Year of He**", in the sense of all heck breaks loose, then time is "reset" to prevent the whole catastraphe (I'm assuming time gets reset)?

Well I peeked.  :eek: 

Click for Spoiler:

Quite obviously a rehash of the similar time travel situation in Generations but I'm drooling...

:drool:

Click for Spoiler:

No, it's not really a rehash of time travel. I thought the same thing, or that it would be some kind of alternate timeline. You'll have to see it to understand it.

Any new crewmen mentioned VaBeachGuy?

Not that I can recall, there may have been a couple of new crewmen but none mentioned by name that I can think of. But I wasn't paying attention for names so I could have missed something.

This looks to be an excellent episode! Does it remind anyone else of VOY "Year of He**", in the sense of all heck breaks loose, then time is "reset" to prevent the whole catastraphe (I'm assuming time gets reset)?

Click for Spoiler:

Only in a small way would it remind me of the Voyager episode. After you see the episode you'll see where the similarities are and where the differences are.

For this episode I give it a 10 out of 10, I loved it!

ok, a few things.

Click for Spoiler:

1: Did they dust off Spock's beard thing from "Mirror Mirror" and gave it to Malcolm? and 2: Did I hear right or did T'Pol say they were on Ceti Alpha V, isn't that the planet where Khan ended up?

I just saw this episode, and it was the best Enterprise I've seen yet.

Click for Spoiler:

Ok, I saw it and did anyone notice that when we saw the flashback we saw Archer impale the Xinidi with a smaller replica of the Cochrane statue that was described in First Conact. Cool.

Season 3 is the best:

Click for Spoiler:

Wow....what a good episode. The idea isn't so original, but I enjoyed it anyway. There are so many great things to list about this episode...the character developments...the action...the "could-have-been" timeline. VGB..you're correct. This episode had a lot of references. My favorite was the "shran" line. I really like T'Pol's look in this episode. She looks great in a normal uniform and with long hair. Phlox look liked a redneck Denobulan, lol. I gotta say...everytime this episode went to commercial break, it was intense! Also..the bridge attack was great (well not for Trip and the crew).

At least we got a sneak peak at the weapon...that thing is BA. Ok...enough of this mindless talk...I need to watch this again! Can't wait for the wild wild west next week. :drool:

9.5/10

I've also posted this reply at my poll where you can vote for your rating of this episode Click here to go to the poll!

I voted a whopping 9.5 for Enterprise this week. I didn't give 10 cause a perfect rating should be rare.

Click for Spoiler:

The opener was fantastic. T'Pol in command, and the failed mission leaving Earth destroyed really got me on the edge of my seat.

Episodes that show alternate futures with aged crews are always interesting, especially one that is so drastic in the alteration of the timeline.

What I also loved about this episode was how it showed the audience how much T'Pol cares about humans. She really feels like part of the crew now.

Earlier in the Season T'Pol and Tucker had some "intimate" moments. They never seemed right, but somehow T'Pol's future relationship with Archer seemed to have a lot of chemistry. I was surprised by this, but also very happy with it. In the normal timeline I might not want to see them get together but for that alternate future I loved it.

I think this may have been the best episode this season, but I do expect many to disagree with me mainly about the Archer - T'Pol relationship. But I agree to disagree!

Oh, and when it was revealed that the device that could completely cure Archer was damaged, did anybody else immediately think "subspace implosion"?

ok, a few things.

Click for Spoiler:

1: Did they dust off Spock's beard thing from "Mirror Mirror" and gave it to Malcolm? and 2: Did I hear right or did T'Pol say they were on Ceti Alpha V, isn't that the planet where Khan ended up?

Click for Spoiler:

Yes, that is Khan's world. It's Ceti Alpha VI that Chekov thought they were at but we discover that Ceti Alpha VI blew up.

Click for Spoiler:

My favorite was the "shran" line.

That was great, I liked that one a lot too. I'd have to re-watch it to decide on my favorite though.

Click for Spoiler:

Ok, I saw it and did anyone notice that when we saw the flashback we saw Archer impale the Xinidi with a smaller replica of the Cochrane statue that was described in First Conact. Cool.

I had noticed that going back to Broken Bow (Episode 1), I also noticed it in the older Archer's home on Ceti Alpha V.

Another refrence that goes to DS9/TNG is this (It's a photo so no real spoiler):

Click for Spoiler:

uridian.jpg

The first time I recall seeing a Uridian is in the TNG/DS9 (it was a TNG episode that took place in part on DS9) episode Birthright

Click for Spoiler:

This episode is easily the best thing to come from Enterprise. It was so much larger in scope and the future scenes were amazing. Earth's destruction was phenomenal (is that appropriate to say?).

I think it had some parallel with Year of Hell and Future Imperfect but it took it so far beyond them and added so much. Amazing graphics, great drama, a compelling and interesting story and great references (shran, shields, Ceti Alpha 5). An all around great episode. 10 out of 10. Hard to top but I think that there is a chance it can be done.

Just forget what you know and pretend you're a newbie, this is your first series.

Sorry Alterego, having been raised on TOS I just can't do that, but I did like this episode of Enterprise.

I will be infuriated, however, if they erase TOS legacy later in this series ... and that is an understatement!

Just forget what you know and pretend you're a newbie, this is your first series.

Sorry Alterego, having been raised on TOS I just can't do that, but I did like this episode of Enterprise.

I will be infuriated, however, if they erase TOS legacy later in this series ... and that is an understatement!

They would never be able to erase TOS's legacy, even if they completely changed the timeline the Legacy will continue.

As for the timeline, I believe that everything what's happening now though will completely fit into the timeline when all is said and done.

Wow.............................. wow...................................... wow.............................................. wow.............................................................................

... wow....................................... that was awesome....................................................... wow!

Click for Spoiler:

the whole ceti alpha thing was amazing. they even metioned the mutara sector.

the music rocked.

the acting rocked.

the story rocked.

ENTERPRISE ROCKS! GO SEASON 3!!!!!!!!!! 10/10!!!!!!!!

I like I said in the other poll I gave this one a 7 I liked it but

Click for Spoiler:

I guess I just don't like reset show yes they are cool but they never happend but I did like the way they did it so it was not time travel