Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Halloween Around the World

I'm curious, for the members that are outside of the U.S., do you celebrate Halloween and if so how is it celebrated?

I would like to know too. If you are from Transylvania,do you dress up as normal people?

I'm curious, for the members that are outside of the U.S., do you celebrate Halloween and if so how is it celebrated?

Well, Halloween is no "regular" celebration here in Germany. But in the last few years it has come up celebrating it here as well. People dress up like vampires, witches or whatever and celebrate it at parties and all that. And on TV there are scary movies and such a stuff :angry:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Well, Halloween is no "regular" celebration here in Germany. But in the last few years it has come up celebrating it here as well. People dress up like vampires, witches or whatever and celebrate it at parties and all that. And on TV there are scary movies and such a stuff :angry:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Where in Germany do you live? When I was in the military I was stationed at a base near Dexhiem. It was on the Rhine river about 40-50 miles south of Mainz.

some Aussies celebrate Halloween, but i dont, but i watch some freaky ST episodes... Scorpion!

It's not a big deal in Japan. The Japanese aren't too much into candy anyway. In

Tokyo, some American bars have Halloween parties.

One of our cities in Northern Ireland (Derry) has made Halloween one of it's biggest annual events. A big night where everyone dresses up. However. In most areas it is an excuse for thugs to pull up their hooded tops and to go round demanding money....