Sign in to follow this  
Korthedaharmaster

Baseball in the 24th century

Ok in the Eppisode If Wishes Were Horses Sisko is Talkin to his Favorite baseball player Buck Bokai he says that the game of baseball dissaperead on Earth in the 22nd century or somethin like that but far away in the past. Anyway Then in the Voyager Eppisode Pathfinder When Troi and BArkly are on the BEach Troi asks him y he was so happy at Gordies Brithday part one of the reasons he gives is that the Dragons had just won the penate. now i don't no about u but that sound like baseball so in just a few years how did Earth go from no baseball teams to having Baseball teams?

That is a good point. Maybe Barclay was going to the holosuit and reliving the games that had been played in the past. The games would all be new to him and if he is reliving them in order he would be excited if his favorite team won.

Perhaps, Barclay was referring to the league on Cestus III. You know, the one with the Pike City Pioneers and Cestus Comets.

That's what i think he was referring to.Earth may still have no organized professional baseball in 2380-whatever they are up to now (I'm a bad trekkie...I don't know what year it is! :klingon: ).

The name, the penate could just be left over from baseball and used in another sport that took baseball's place, like say Water Polo or Soccer or hacky sack (y'never know).

Edited by Commander Ericks

Yeah.Maybe professional paintball?Or phaser stun... :laugh: on second thought,that might hurt.

Which one are you referring to hurting Paintball or Phaser stun? I don't think either one would feel to good. LOL :klingon:

This may be off topic but since this is a baseball thread maybe someone can answer a question for me..Recently I was surfing for some Star Trek pics and I came accross a pic of Quark in a baseball uniform and basball cap..! I have only seen DS9 seasons 1-5..Does Sisko get everybody into a Holosuite for a Baseball game?..If he does I can't wait to see that one..Season 6 is out in 2 weeks.. :klingon:

Yeah, it's called "Take me out to the holosuite" in Season 7. I've seen it, its good and is pretty funny too.

Perhaps Barclay was referring to Parisses squares?

Edited by Jack_Bauer

How much you want to bet that even in the twenty-fourth century, the curse of the Bambino is alive and well?

I have no doubt about that after what happened to my Red Sox this year.. :klingon:

Man, I feel bad for that guy. I can't believe the media was stupid enough to release his name. But I don't think that he can be entirely blamed for what happened to the Cubs. Sure, he may have cost them that game but the Cubs were up 3-1. They has at least two other chances to finish off the Marlins and couldn't. And on top of that, there's no guarantee that Alou, or whoever it was, would've caught the ball. Plus you have to look at the fact that the batter only got on because he was walked by the pitcher so there's some blame there too. Anyway, sorry if this has already been discussed but I just wanted to share my thoughts on that Cubs thing and I realize this reply is not appropriate for this forum.