Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

[S] "The Shipment" air date 10/29

The Shipment

Episode No: 059

Original Air Date: 10.29.2003

Upcoming Air Date: 10.29.2003

Archer, Reed and Major Hayes infiltrate a Xindi-Sloth industrial colony to learn more about the weapon of mass destruction that will be used against Earth.

320x240.jpg

Archer confronts a Xindi-Sloth, Gralik, about his manufacturing plant.

Click for Spoiler:

Archer, Reed and Major Hayes infiltrate a Xindi-Sloth industrial colony to learn more about the weapon of mass destruction that will be used against Earth.

240x320.jpg

On a planet inhabited by the Xindi, Archer discovers a manufacturing plant producing tins of a lethal substance.

240x320.jpg

While hiding in an alien manufacturing plant, Archer and Reed steal a canister filled with an unknown substance.

I'm really looking forward to this eps tomorrow. I think I'm going through withdrawls :lol: . One thing that is really peaking my interest is that we get to really spend some quality time with a Xindi species. It should be really interesting.

I can't wait for tonight! It can't get here soon enough!

Fantastic!

Click for Spoiler:

Ah...the almighty plot revealing episode! Learned some great things in this episode. Foremost, the Xindi homeworld was destroyed by the reptilian Xindi during a civil war. So..that explains the debris field. The colonists didn't know that they were producing a chemical used for WMDs. Lastly, the crew lost the tracking signal of the Xindi cargo ship, but its not too far away! Great forest scenes. The cinematography is just stunning. Trip was hilarious with the transporter/rifle scene! Archer played one of darkest roles yet, becoming almost violent with his threats (great human reflection!] Overall...a great bridge episode.

Can't wait for next weeks episode. Anyone notice in the trailer that T'Pol is wearing a Starfleet issued uniform?

9.0 outta 10!

Also...

Click for Spoiler:

I would like to add that I enjoyed this episode because it was unusual. Unusual in the sense that the landing party was not caught nor detected. It made for a rather enjoyable episode. Too many times do we see people sneaking around only to be found. It makes great tension and drama, but it gets old after "being caught" or "invoke conflict" scene #7854.

Something very haunting about knowing that Xindi avians once filled the sky on th Xindi homeworld. So....what's the deal with this weapon? Why do they really need it? Inquiring minds want to know. :lol: Rommies, rommies, rommies, rommies.......

Wow! :lol: The best episode this season. Visually the eps just blew me away. I was truly riveted to the screen.

Click for Spoiler:

I do have a few questions that I would love everyones thoughts on. If the Xindi home world was destroyed by a civil war, and the descendents of the survivors are scattered through out the Expanse, than what world do Humans destroy in the future? Do they destroy the Expanse itself? I was under the impression that the Xindi believe Humans destroy a planet.

The 6th Xindi species, were they birdlike? It is mentioned that they once filled the skies of the Xindi homeworld.

The bio-tech rifle was one of the coolest weapons I have seen. I really enjoyed the interaction between Trip and Phlox. It's nice to see them working on a project together. At least now they have a chance of defeating the reptilians.

I will give this episode a 9/10.

I've added to this post. I didn't realize it at first but I lost some stuff when I added the Spoiler feature....

Edited by archerfan

EXCELLENT EPI. i loved it and im looking ever more forward to all the rest of the eps. also, archer fan you do raise a good question, i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Stardate:213827.9

Click for Spoiler:

Very good episode.We get to learn a little about Xindi history!!!!I agree the rifle was cool and i thought it was kinda funny trip runnning tot he transporter and knocking that crewman down.

Also those tracking devices kinda reminded me of the weapons on the TNG episode "Arsenal"(I think thats the name of the ep.)I dont know why it just did.

And i noticed that they are starting to turn every episode into one big episode like they did in DS9

All in all 8.5/10

Click for Spoiler:

Anyone notice in the trailer that T'Pol is wearing a Starfleet issued uniform?

Click for Spoiler:

where was that, was it the trailer from me or UPN? interesting

I am guessing here, but

Click for Spoiler:

I think they're going to discover some sort of safety on the Xindi weaponry that only lets Xindi fire it - that's why it went into self-destruct mode. They're going to have to overcome that somehow. Whatcha think?

Click for Spoiler:

Click for Spoiler:

Yes, I did noticed it in the previews for next week. I'm not sure I understand why but she certainly looked good in a Starfleet uniform. Guess we'll just have to wait until next week to find out what is going on..

Yes, another fantastic episode. They keep getting better so far this season. I hope they keep up the good work..

Edited by spacetigger

I was a little distracted during this first showing of The Shipment so I'm not ready to post a review yet but from what I did see it seemed to be another near perfect installment to the arc and I can't wait to watch it again later...

aaaaaagh, ENT comes on way too late here and I had to be up early. And wouldn't you know about half of the tape is blank. Don't know if it was the tape or the TV station - they always flub up and no encore performance.

I'd appreciate anyone taking the time to tell me what I missed, pm is okay if you don't want to give spoilers. I saw about the first 10-15 minutes and the end

I would very much appreciate hearing what I missed:

Click for Spoiler:

Why did the Xindi decide to help? What happened with Trip and the rifle? What Xindi history did I miss.

well done ep 8 out of 10 and I did like

Click for Spoiler:

when they did not get caputred

and I also think that next week is going to be

Click for Spoiler:

one of those shows when they reset time be the end so what happend in that show did not happen Edited by fredbroca

and I also think that next week is going to be

Click for Spoiler:

one of those shows when they reset time be the end so what happend in that show did not happen

man........ i hate those episodes.

I liked this episode.I have to give Archer credit.I wouldn't have trusted that furry Xindi dude.I also would have probably took him back aboard Enterprise and kept him in the brig(rather than kill him),in order to keep him quiet after the mission was over.I also would have blown-up the factory.Archer did none of these things and ended the mission on a successful note.

I'm confused,though.If the Xindi destroyed their own homeworld,and made a sixth Xindi species extinct...why blame humans?What gives with that?

I think they mean the New Home world, where we see the Xindi Counsel meetings.

From what I've seen I think the Reptiles and the Insects haven't learned the lessons of war, they'll probably end up destroying each other over this perceived threat to security (ironic huh?).

The Humanoids Sloth's and Aquatics have learned the lessons of war but live in fear of the Insects and the Reptiles so they, against their better judgment are playing along with the warmongers to prevent another interspecies war, (ironic huh?) biding time until a solution (Archer & Co?) presents itself.

Um.... I fell asleep. I'll have to wait for Saturday's showing.

Yes, I noticed that, and I'm so excited! I've always wanted to see her in a Starfleet uniform! I always thought it would be really neat. So I'm excited.

And I just had to laugh when Tucker knocked over that guy in the hall. They're always knocking people over in Enterprise. I know it's terrible, but I just have to laugh.

This was a very awesome episode, showing us that there are two sides to each story. Or something like that. I really liked the Xindi guy (can't remember his name). He seemed like a very nice fellow, and nothing like those terrible Xindi we've heard stories about. So... if the general Xindi public isn't being let on to this whole weapon thing... I don't know... it kinda' makes me wonder.

In response to TheUnicornHunter...

Click for Spoiler:

Basically, Archer barges into some Xindi's house. And this guy is the top guy at the refinement facility, or something. So Archer, Reed, and Hayes bust into this guy's house and Archer is very mean. I mean scary mean. He scared me with how mean he was. Anyway, Archer accuses this guy of helping to build a weapon because he's shipping his Kemosite (sp?) to the guys who are building the weapon. Turns out that this guy had no idea that his clients were building a huge weapon to destroy Earth. Well, the Xindi guy is pretty angry because he takes pride in his work, and now it's being used for ill purposes. He was just horrified that so many people died in the attack on Earth. So he decided to help the Humans out by sabotaging that last shipment of Kemosite. Anyway, the whole point of this was to teach Archer that not all Xindi are his enemies.

Meanwhile, back on Enterprise, Tucker is trying to figure out the Xindi gun. He finds out that there are biological components in it, so he gets Phlox in to help. It turns out that there are little fat worms in there powering the gun. And when you pick one out it grows back from the slime it leaves behind. Very strange. anyway, Tucker wants to test this out. So he sets up a testing site on the ship. I don't quite know where it is, but it's probably the armory or something. T'Pol says he should try it in a more secure location, but Tucker doesn't want to wait. He wants to shoot it now. Well, he pulls the trigger and it doesn't fire. He looks on the panel and it's counting down. T'Pol says that it's overloading. So Tucker has to run down the hallway and beam it off before it blows up.

The Xindi history was basically that a long time ago, there was a Xindi home world. And there were actually six Xindi species (all of the ones we've encountered so far and Avians). However, there was a big civil war. Well, the planet was pretty unstable, so the Reptilians apparently rigged up a bunch of explosives and blew up the planet. Not a very effective way to win a war, if you ask me. Well, all of the avians are wiped out and now the remaining Xindi are scattered around the Expanse.

Hope that gets you caught up. ^-^

9 out of 10!!!

Click for Spoiler:

This was a great episode. Like everyone, I enjoyed the fact that they did not get caught. It reduced the action to make room for more story. Archer's realization that the Xindi he questioned was of good moral standing was great. I was very happy when Archer gave the Xindi trust. It shows that he is not a robot, that he can overlook his predjudice in light of new facts. Angry Archer is great, but I like to see nice Archer at times too.

P.S. The "seekers" reminded me of "Arsenal" too

P.P.S. Since the series opener, they have used phasers in every episode!

I loved this episode.It was great.

I'm not sure I would have trusted that sloth guy.But Archer trusted him,and I guess he was right since everything worked out.I was worried the captain would be caught in the Xindi ship,though.

I wonder what they are going to do to those sloth Xindi's when they find out their shipment was sabotaged?I'd hate to see anything bad happen to the sloths.They seemed like nice aliens.

Thanks to a friend I was able to see "The shipment" yesterday evening and I loved it.

And what totally satisfied me was the clever way Archer handled the situation. He solved the problem not the simple way by using fire power but by trust and a bright idea.

For me 10/10 rating.

It was very good but did you notice

Click for Spoiler:

The canister treated to enable the Ent to track the ship could have very easily been transported onto the ship without risking Archers capture.

8/10