Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

What TV shows are you getting on DVD?

I was just currious, aside from Star Trek, what all-time favorite tv shows do you plan on collecting on DVD? I have 2:

Stargate SG-1

I have seasons 1&2 so far.

Roswell

I downloaded all 3 season as the DVD's could take a while!

I haven't collected all the Star Trek boxes and movies yet, but I will probably collect The Simpsons and Robotech sometime in the future..

call us crazy, but me and my brother want to get Friends seasons (Star Trek goes without saying - I'm getting all of those, except possibly Enterprise, but there's still time and hope for thaat), also Cats, but I'll probably get that on VHS....and other stuff...I have a list, but it's upstairs under something somewhere.

Right now I'm picking up anime that I watched when I was younger (well, in edited form), and then I'll start getting some Trek series.

So far I've gotten (only counting the shows that I've watched, and not those I buy before seeing. Unfortunately that's how I've had to get most anime):

SDF:Macross

Mospeada

Cowboy Bebop

Shows I want to get:

DS9

TOS (I'm holding out in hope that someday there'll be box sets of TOS released).

M*A*S*H - at least the first couple of seasons.

Farscape

SOMEDAY, I want all of Stargate SG-1, Roswell (if it ever comes out) and, of course, TOS (in season sets, won't buy volumes).

Besides Trek, I have

Stargate SG-1

Season 1

The Simpsons

Seasons 1 & 2

and I plan to get

The X-Files

Futurama

Hercules

The Legendary Journeys

Xena

Warrior Princess

Sliders

Farscape

Babylon 5 Perhaps

Besides Star Trek ones:

M*A*S*H

Frasier

Spongebob Squarepants :look:

Batman: The Animated Series

That's all I can think of. :D

My family owns the first 4 years of M*A*S*H and the first season of Cheers, and pretty much all of Hogan's Heroes (which I've never seen).

I DIDNT KNOW HOGANS HEROS WAS OUT ON DVD, I LOVE THAT SHOW. anyway ive got seasons one and two of stargate, i would like to get ds9 but trek dvds are awfully expensive, i want tos, and ent when it comes out. and maybe jake 2.0 if it keeps up as good as it is. and of course battlestar galactica as it is coming out in a box set soon. the case is a cylon head, pretty cool.

I'm getting all the Friends season and I only have season 1

I want to get is The Simpsons,Kill of the hills,Futurama and TNG.

I have seasons 1-7 of TNG and I'm thinking about getting DS9 in the future and Voyager when it comes out.

I'm not sure what other series I would be interested in buying as I can't really think of any that I would watch enough to justify the cost.

I have seasons 1-7 of TNG and I'm thinking about getting DS9 in the future and Voyager when it comes out. 

I'm not sure what other series I would be interested in buying as I can't really think of any that I would watch enough to justify the cost.

What about non-Trek shows?

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

None for myself.Admiralpeewee has a pretty big collection of japanese anime and japanese science-fiction (dubbed and/or subtitled)here at his place.

If I were going to invest in a DVD set of shows from tv,I guess I'd take the Dukes of Hazzard,if that was available.That or Barnaby Jones.

I am not really rushing out to get any of the Trek series on DVD. There is a rerun on tv practically all the time anyway. When they stop the reruns, and the DVD price comes down, then I will get them. (Either that, or my wife will buy them all anyway!)

The only Trek exception to the above rule is the last season of DS9, which was one of the finest seasons of ANY show (Trek or not) that I have ever seen. I would pay the price for that one!

I have the first season of "24" and I am looking forward to getting the 2nd season for Christmas.

I am not really rushing out to get any of the Trek series on DVD. There is a rerun on tv practically all the time anyway. When they stop the reruns, and the DVD price comes down, then I will get them. (Either that, or my wife will buy them all anyway!)

The only Trek exception to the above rule is the last season of DS9, which was one of the finest seasons of ANY show (Trek or not) that I have ever seen. I would pay the price for that one!

I have the first season of "24" and I am looking forward to getting the 2nd season for Christmas.

The DVD prices won't be going down anytime soon. I get to see ENT twice a week, my only way to watch Star Trek, so I gotta get the season sets! :klingon: