Sign in to follow this  

Since it did well in theaters this past weekend, it looks like there will be a sequel. What Trek alien do you think will be fighting the crew of the Enterprise in the next film? A new alien we have never seen or one of the classic TOS bad guys. My guess would be Klingons. It'd be interesting to see the crew fight the Gorn :P

Edited by Stephen of Borg

Klingons do seem the logical choice but honestly, I hope they come up with something original.

Me too. Nero was a disappointment. I've been reading some blogs and reviews, and one major complaint is that we haven't had a good villain since Khan.

It had better be Klingons or I'm writing nasty-grams.

But look at the most successful movie villains: Khan and to a much lesser extent Borg queen. Both of them came from the television series. I can't recall if we actually saw the Borg queen before First Contact or if she was even hinted at, but the movie did bring back some villains from the series rather than invent new ones. And it definitely helped that Picard had a personal vendetta against her... much like Kirk and Khan. Just a thought.

Also, you know that one episode from Next Generation with the mind controlling slugs and Riker eats worms? (OK... yes. That's how I name the episodes in my mind. "That one where...") They never ever followed that up and I would like to see it followed up. Probably can't do that working with the original series characters. But if they could find I way, I would love it.

I wouldn't mind seeing a movie about the Pakleds.

(What the heck is it with the Pakleds? They were in one episode, and it wasn't even an especially memorable episode outside of their presence, but everyone knows who they are for some reason.)

Please don't think I mean the following as a joke, it's not intended to be funny... but I see "Pakleds" everyday, in the alley, looking for things in the trash to help them go.

I think the whole Trek timeline from STVI on through TNG and beyond really hinders the ability the make the Klingons the villains they were before TNG. Somehow, knowing that they will become allies, as uneasy of an ally as they will be, kind of takes the fun out of blowing up ships full of them. Even as far back as Star Trek 3 it was a renegade band not acting officially on behalf of the Empire. Worf made the Klingons noble, proud, and relatable regardless of their ups and downs since.

What are "Pakleds??????????????????????

How about Felionions?????(Feline type people that can morph from human to lions or cougars) not as villains but as new aliens. As, there are always something that goes after cats like maybe a dog race.

I am reading the Star Trek novelization, following is all that has been said, (so far) about Klingons through 4 chapters. It is said on the Kelvin bridge at the discovery of the Anomaly, and I quote:

"Captain, we're a full year light-year outside the Klingon Neutral Zone. Unless this is another of their probes or provocations, it doesn't seem reasonable the distortions would have anything to do with the Empire."

I don't remember if they said that in the movie or not but there it is for your consideration anyway.

Basicly the Pakleds were a race of pack-rats (as the name would imply) who collected various technologies from different cultures - sometimes through trade but usually more like theft - without really understanding how to use it. In one episode their ship broke down and they captured Geordi LaForge to "make it go". (Their language skills were also not very well developed.)

Essentially they are the village idiots of the quadrant, probably the galaxy.

They were only seen on screen in one episode but there were references to them in a couple others.

I'd like to see more of the Andorians, not as villians, but just see more of them working within the Federations. They were, after all, one of the founding members. It wasn't until ST:Enterprise that we saw much interaction between the Andorians and Humans. With this new timeline, they could develop the relationship more. Shran was one of my favorite alien characters. It would be fun to see a tie-in with one of his descendants.

How about Adonis (or whatever Greek god name he had) from TOS. Or maybe Q...he could be foiled by the crew finding a way to make him totally, 100%..........human (perish the thought!).

RE Rian's post prior,it would be nice to see the Andorians reaching out to their Vulcan neighbors in the wake of the tragic loss of the film...but I suspect the next movie may touch, if any, but briefly in a line or two to ref the past events, so in that respect, not much to expect I think whatever connecting to STXI....One of the things about STE I would stand up for-not that it's hard for me to, in any case-is as you say how it intro'd the beginnings of the UFP. Who wouldn't want to see that?

Edited by Voyager recruit

RE Rian's post prior,it would be nice to see the Andorians reaching out to their Vulcan neighbors in the wake of the tragic loss of the film...but I suspect the next movie may touch, if any, but briefly in a line or two to ref the past events, so in that respect, not much to expect I think whatever connecting to STXI....One of the things about STE I would stand up for-not that it's hard for me to, in any case-is as you say how it intro'd the beginnings of the UFP. Who wouldn't want to see that?

I agree. Thats a good idea, buddy. :)

And it definitely helped that Picard had a personal vendetta against her... much like Kirk and Khan. Just a thought.

Kirk had nothing personal agaknst Kahn until Kahn sneak-attacked him in TWOK. Kirk had it in his power in Space Seed to impose any one of a number of punnishments. Instead he dropped the charges and allowed them to set up a colony.

I am reading the Star Trek novelization, following is all that has been said, (so far) about Klingons through 4 chapters. It is said on the Kelvin bridge at the discovery of the Anomaly, and I quote:

"Captain, we're a full year light-year outside the Klingon Neutral Zone. Unless this is another of their probes or provocations, it doesn't seem reasonable the distortions would have anything to do with the Empire."

I don't remember if they said that in the movie or not but there it is for your consideration anyway.

They said something to the effect of being too far away from Klingon space but I don't think they went into specifics. I couldn't see anyone being that verbose when they were trying to react quickly. Then again we heard a mix of com signals at the same time so it wasn't easy to tell.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

Remember AE can change your posts, besides we want him around longer than that.

I'm flattered, I think. :sick:

But HE doesn't want to be around longer than that. 05/21/11 is the day he is predicting all the "saved" will be called up to Heaven.

That's an assumption, Roy. I only brought it up because it is a fair topic for Religion Talk. I [strongly] suggest you leave it in that forum where it belongs. I have enough dirt on you now for a nice long vacation, if you know what I mean. :roflmao: