Sign in to follow this  
Klingonmike

Crayola Crayons

Crayola Crayons celebrates their 100th birthday this weekend! The first Crayola's went on sale on this date back in 1903. For all of us that have colored with Crayola Crayons I want to thank the company and wish them well for the next century!Greenbounce.gif

Stardate:213778.9

Happy Birthday Crayola!!!Thanks for helping us put color in our pictures!!!!!

By the way KM i like that smilie :P

Do you remember how Captain Kangaroo always had his box of crayola crayons for all the little projects he did? 

captain-kangaroo.jpg

I do remember, I loved Captain Kangaroo!!!

Do you remember how Captain Kangaroo always had his box of crayola crayons for all the little projects he did? 

captain-kangaroo.jpg

I remember him too, hard to believe I'm really that old. :)

I don't remember watching Captain Kangaroo but I do remember my Crayola's! When I was little I'd sit at the kitchen table and color for hours without stopping. Whenever I'd get a new coloring book, I'd start with the first page and color each picture in order until the book was done. I was so obsessed that I would even take my books and crayons into the bathroom with me! I just couldn't put them down. LOL

Crayola, now theres a name i havent heard in a long time....

sorry thats Star Wars....

i cant think of one for Trek (ideas?)

anyhoo, happy birthday Crayola

happy bday crayola. i remember sitting and drawing the characters from the next generation with those amazing hunks of wax!

good times, good times. (its also hard to believe ive watched star trek that long! pretty much all my life!)

Crayola crayons! :bow: My youngest daughter has an enormous box of them.She and I were coloring together earlier today.I still love them!

captain-kangaroo.jpg

I remember him too, hard to believe I'm really that old. B)

I and my siblings adored him ( and Mr. Greenjeans, and weren't there Mr. Rabbit and Mr. Moose...two puppets?)! B)

I remember one Christmas getting a huge box of bargain brand crayons, and they just did not compare...they didn't color as smoothly, nor were the colors as vibrant...I kid you not...there was a difference!

But once my sister and I once got a box of 100 crayola crayons (with the crayon sharpener in the back of the box...peel back the paper covering when the "point " was round and dull, and sharpen it...remember that?), and so we colored till our hearts content in our Mary Poppins coloring book..

I agree with what others had said about the wonderful childhood memories! B)

(And I am signing off now, because this started as a short post with a couple of lines, and I keep remembering things.......)