Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Suicide Jumper Lands On Teen At Mall

Suicide Jumper Lands on Teen at Mall

NEW YORK (April 9) - Authorities say a woman who jumped to her death inside a busy New York City mall landed on a teenager, causing injuries that sent him to a hospital.

The lower level of the Queens Center Mall was packed with high school students on spring break when the woman jumped Wednesday from the third floor.

Seventeen-year-old Derrick Munoz had been sitting in a massage chair with a sign reading, "sit back and relax," when the woman landed on him.

The teen's stepbrother says Munoz was briefly knocked unconscious and has a large gash on his head. He is expected to make a full recovery.

Queens District Attorney Richard A. Brown says the woman was in her early to mid-50s. She was with two teenagers before she plunged.

While someone comitting suicide is of course, tragic.......I couldn't help but crack up at the thought of this kid sitting in a massage chair and having a person land on top of him.........

I read a story once of a woman who was so distraught after learning her husband was having an affair she threw herself off a balcony to commit suicide.

She survived the fall but the poor person she landed on didn't.

Did I mention the guy she landed on was the husband?

On a more serious note, if you're going to commit suicide - see that you do it in a way that no one else gets hurt. Poor kid - first of all he's a teenager so you know his classmates will be merciless with the razzing - but having a dead (or soon to be dead) person fall on you has to be disturbing.