Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

The face in the vase

Watch this episode at the part near the end after Data uses the Vulcan neck pinch, watch for a vase sitting in the foreground as the mains begin to leave the room. The boom operators face appears reflected in the vase.

It's actually Barry Beardstrimmer. He worked on TNG from 1992 and was responsible for polishing any vases on the sets and Patrick Stewart's head. Beardstrimmer went on to be Mulgrew's bun assistant on Voyager, losing that position after season 4, shortly after it was decided to lose Janeways bun hair-do. Beardstrimmer worked as Manny Coto's assistant on Season 4 of Enterprise, where he was responsible for picking at the bones of The Original Series to see if there was any meat left to make something out of. He was also responsible for injecting Jolene Blalok's lips with Cologen, when that extra bit of pout was required. Following Trek, he was recently appointed Canned Goods Display Co-Ordinator at his local Walmart, enjoys fried chicken and watches Reunification over and over again religiously, pointing to and laughing at his reflection in the vase to anyone who will listen...

It's actually Barry Beardstrimmer. He worked on TNG from 1992 and was responsible for polishing any vases on the sets and Patrick Stewart's head. Beardstrimmer went on to be Mulgrew's bun assistant on Voyager, losing that position after season 4, shortly after it was decided to lose Janeways bun hair-do. Beardstrimmer worked as Manny Coto's assistant on Season 4 of Enterprise, where he was responsible for picking at the bones of The Original Series to see if there was any meat left to make something out of. He was also responsible for injecting Jolene Blalok's lips with Cologen, when that extra bit of pout was required. Following Trek, he was recently appointed Canned Goods Display Co-Ordinator at his local Walmart, enjoys fried chicken and watches Reunification over and over again religiously, pointing to and laughing at his reflection in the vase to anyone who will listen...

Is this for real??

Is this for real??

No. Prometheus is a funny guy who likes to kid around like that.

Oh OK... then that face must be really creepy. Is that really Gene?

No it isn't creepy. If you check Gamera's post above you will see it in the spoiler. It doesn't look like Gene Roddenberry to me.

Oh OK... then that face must be really creepy. Is that really Gene?

No it isn't creepy. If you check Gamera's post above you will see it in the spoiler. It doesn't look like Gene Roddenberry to me.

I couldn't tell because I've never seen Gene. I suppose I can look his picture up somewhere through a search engine.

I couldn't tell because I've never seen Gene WOW that's like saying if you were a Star Wars fan and say I don't know what George Lucus looks like LOL ok how many people have never seen what he looked like lol would love to know.

Brian