Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Record breaking fingernails shattered in accident

You just gotta look at the picturefoxnews

SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah woman listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for her long fingernails has lost them in a car crash.

Redmond's nails, which hadn't been cut since 1979, were broken in the crash. According to the Guinness Web site, her nails measured a total of more than 28 feet long in 2008, with the longest nail on her right thumb at 2 feet, 11 inches.

Can I just say what a way to waste your life - think of how much this woman missed out on by having those nails

How'd she comb her hair or put on make-up - engage in any regular physical activity; or in more indelicate matters - how'd she grab the roll of Charmin?

I would think that over the course of the years, as her nails grow longer, she would've adapted. I'd also think that she'd have more trouble adapting to having no nails than to having extremely long nails.

I saw something about a man with really long nails before - and it took special care - like wrapping them up to avoid breakage etc the constant diligence to protect them would require a lot of sacrifices. And the truth is there are things you can't do with long nails - no amount of adapting will change that.

I remember once, ironically in Salt Lake City, seeing a store clerk with really long nails and I commented that she had really long nails and she said "thank you" - and I thought I didn't actually compliment them just noted they were long - then she said what caused to always remember that conversation - "yes, I had to give up playing the piano" and remember walking away thinking what a waste.

-

Well I can't imagine! I once had a phase where I was never going to cut my hair ever again. I couldn't stand it when it got near my but I and ended up cutting it to just above my shoulders. :)

I saw that on TV and I will tell you this she had help!!!!! I would never let them get that long. It's just to much to work with, as I did for Halloween have Dragon nails and I could do nothing. Now i am lucky if they get past my finger tips.