Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holland

Why aren't people going to the trek chat?

im there right now, but no one else is. i go every wed between 10 and 11. but alas i only ever find fredbroca and one or two others.

i was in there at ~7:30CT-8:30CT......very distraught, i got up especially for it!

(7am here!)

Myself,I'm too forgetful most of the time to remember when chat is,and such.And,to tell the truth,I kind of prefer just posting on the boards,as opposed to getting involved in live chat.

I am not able to watch Enterprise when it airs on Wednesdays. I tape it and then watch it during the weekend. I really don't want to chat about it before I've seen it! I hate spoilers!

I didn't know that there was one. Plus, people seem to have such different chat software that sometimes group chats are difficult. At least they are for me.

The chat room is Java based, so as long as you have Java installed on your computer you can use the chat room. We do not use messaging programs for the chats here anymore since we added the Java based chat room. If you need help with getting into the room PM me or go through the FAQ located in the Chat Forum.

As for people not being in there the trick is when you log in, don't just log out if no one is there. Wait for others to join.

I was in although it was very late here in Germany. In our time it started 11.30 pm and ended 0.50 am. Since I have to get up at 6.00 am for work it was a short night. But it was worth every minute. I enjoyed it so much!!!!

Unfortunately my questions were not taken - almost not taken. 2 of my questions were asked by other people too. And their names got mentioned and not mine.

I am not familiar with chats, this chat was my first. But I had the feeling that there must have been several chatrooms all participating in the chat. Because ofter questions were asked by people who were not in the same room as I.

Has anyone experience with this kind of chat and can explain how it works?

Stardreamer, ddillard is your man for chat related questions.

I never go the ENT chat because it starts before ENT shows here, too many spoilers and when ENT does start here I have my PC turned off until the next morning. Thursday are my favorite mornings of the week, getting up and reading everybodys thoughts on the new episode always makes my day (or couple of days if everyone keeps posting about it.) :wub:

:naughty: I know, everybody forgo ENT chats and post all your thoughts on the ENT forum. :P

I was in although it was very late here in Germany. In our time it started 11.30 pm and ended 0.50 am. Since I have to get up at 6.00 am for work it was a short night. But it was worth every minute. I enjoyed it so much!!!!

Unfortunately my questions were not taken - almost not taken. 2 of my questions were asked by other people too. And their names got mentioned and not mine.

I am not familiar with chats, this chat was my first. But I had the feeling that there must have been several chatrooms all participating in the chat. Because ofter questions were asked by people who were not in the same room as I.

Has anyone experience with this kind of chat and can explain how it works?

I think that you are referring to chats at startrek.com. We have not had any of those type of chats here, yet anyway. We do not use the chat rooms at Startrek.com as we do have our own here. If you want to get into our chat room use the link at the top of the page that says "Trek Chat" use your username from here and the password is "chat". You can also get more information on our chat room by reading the FAQ that I have listed in the Chat FAQ and General Information Forum, or you are free to send me a PM anytime.