Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Shatner Calls Takei 'Sick'

Wow, I didn't even know any of this was going between Shatner and Takei... The last I heard, George Takei was getting married, I read it in a People Magazine, I wasn't really surprised though..

Wow

Shatner sounds as though he was hurt by this.

Yet Shatner could have taken the high road and not commented on it publicly. I always thought it was Doohan who really couldn't stand Shatner. Shatner's remarks get very personal imo.

Two old stars fighting. This doesn't make either look that good.

Takei has made his disdain for Shatner known for a long time now and Shatner never said anything. He's mad because Takei made a big public show about not inviting Shatner.

Takei and Nichelle both have a hatred for Shatner. That's what makes watching the Shatner Roast even harder to watch. Even though they are smiling, they mean every single insult they say to Bill

Takei and Nichelle both have a hatred for Shatner. That's what makes watching the Shatner Roast even harder to watch. Even though they are smiling, they mean every single insult they say to Bill

It makes watching the roast easier for me. Shatner's overblown ego made a lot of people fans included not like him or just not respect him. He can't seem to accept that he isn't universally loved and that he owes people an apology for how he has acted in the past. Look at his disdain of Star Trek fans for years until he found out how to make huge amounts of money off them then he liked them.

When the credits rolled and the first name was William Shatner, I think Bill felt he was "the Star," and everyone else was supporting cast. I seem to recall that he resented Nimoy gettng more fan mail. The show became focused on the big three - Kirk, Spock and McCoy (what a nice man!), and the other regulars were second tier. Nichols considered quitting. But Bill was either oblivious or didn't care. And to me that IS worth holding a grudge to 40 years.

When the credits rolled and the first name was William Shatner, I think Bill felt he was "the Star," and everyone else was supporting cast. I seem to recall that he resented Nimoy gettng more fan mail. The show became focused on the big three - Kirk, Spock and McCoy (what a nice man!), and the other regulars were second tier. Nichols considered quitting. But Bill was either oblivious or didn't care. And to me that IS worth holding a grudge for 40 years.

It's the latest volume of Shatner whining that he's not in the new movie, that he wasn't there at the wedding, blah blah blah. To me, Shatner's just all upset cause others are getting more attention than him, so he's gonna lash out like a spoiled kid who's sibling got a present on their birthday and he didn't get anything.