Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Takara_Soong

The Official Star Trek Convention 2009 - Las Vegas, NV

Last year's vegas con was so much fun!!!!!! But I'm still paying the credit card off from it, LOL

I don't think I will be making 2009, but I have a friend who is going who will be getting me some autographs

More guests have been added. Here's the list so far:

1. William Shatner (Kirk, TOS)
  2. Leonard Nimoy (Spock, TOS)
  3. Jonathan Frakes (Will Riker, TNG)
  4. Connor Trineer (Trip Tucker, ENT)
  5. Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed, ENT)
  6. Vaughn Armstrong (Admiral Forrest, ENT as well as too many characters to name on TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT)

Never been to one before. Do they allow you to get the celebrity to sign something you have brought? And how are photographs with them or of them taken?

Has anyone met the listed here? Are they nice? Never been to one of these so I have no idea what to expect. Enlighten me :P

Never been to one before. Do they allow you to get the celebrity to sign something you have brought? And how are photographs with them or of them taken?

Has anyone met the listed here? Are they nice? Never been to one of these so I have no idea what to expect. Enlighten me :P

I've met most of those people on the list and they are all super nice

as for the autographs they'll sign anything you bring them, you just have to buy an autograph ticket

if you have any questions feel free to send me a message, i've been to lots of conventions and could answer any questions you might have

Tell me your experience in meeting any of them. What did you do besides the star autograph sessions and any merchandise and such. Are you going this year?

Tell me your experience in meeting any of them. What did you do besides the star autograph sessions and any merchandise and such. Are you going this year?

no, I'm not going this year. It's just too expensive.

I've been lucky to get to bump into a lot of the actors in the hallways in the hotels. Most of them are realy polite and will shake your hand or say hi to you.

a friend of mine was wearing a tshirt with a giant airbrushed picture of Quark on the front of it. Armin Shimmerman grabbed him and was like "take a picture of us"

Interesting. I didn't know they stayed in the hotels they did conventions for. I always thought they just flew them in last minute. Would like to see some of your stuff if you ever photograph them.

Interesting. I didn't know they stayed in the hotels they did conventions for. I always thought they just flew them in last minute. Would like to see some of your stuff if you ever photograph them.

some of the "bigger" names tend to fly in and out. But a lot of the others are there for a few days

I've been on line to check into my hotel right behind robert picardo once. I sat next to J.G Hertzler at the breakfast buffet once

here are some of my autographs and pictures from some conventions

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x1/vgrbabe2/

And how are photographs with them or of them taken?

I haven't been to a Creation convention but a friend of mine had her picture taken with Brent Spiner at the Vegas con a few years ago. As with the autographs, she had to buy a photo ticket. They had a room set up with a couple of chairs next to each other in it - Brent Spiner was sitting in one and she sat in the other. The photographer took the photo and it was emailed to her after the convention. I don't know if you can get a hard copy of the photo or not through Creation.

Hallie Todd (Lal in the TNG episode "The Offspring) has been added as a guest.

Here's the list so far:

4. Connor Trineer (Trip Tucker, ENT)
  5. Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed, ENT)
  6. Vaughn Armstrong (Admiral Forrest, ENT as well as too many characters to name on TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT)
  7. Hallie Todd (Lal in the TNG episode "The Offspring)

vgrbabe: Nice autograph collection and personal photos. I didn't know you could take your own photos at conventions.

Takara_Soong: How systematic the photo process. Do they allow you to take a photo with them using your own camera? Like someone takes it of you and them together? Or you must have a photo ticket and the photos must be taken by the Creation people?

vgrbabe: Nice autograph collection and personal photos. I didn't know you could take your own photos at conventions.

Takara_Soong: How systematic the photo process. Do they allow you to take a photo with them using your own camera? Like someone takes it of you and them together? Or you must have a photo ticket and the photos must be taken by the Creation people?

yep, when they're on stage you can take as many pictures as you want.

durring the photo ops, you can't use your own camera, or have someone else do it, it HAS to be done by the people hired to do it.

Where was the Vegas 2008 Con held at? Which hotel? And how do you buy individual days or know who gonna be on which day?

or must I purchase the expensive Gold ticket? Just interested in the photo/autograph and listening to them talk. Not interested in dinner parties, but let me know if I'm missing out because never been to these.

And the tickets? Which are best and why?

that's an interesting question. It depends on what you consider the best

the tickets that include the most, the GOLD tickets, are also the most expensive, around $700...but they include a LOT of stuff and get you closer seats.

there are tickets that are cheaper but don't include as much

so it realy depends on what you want

Well as I mentioned above, just the autograph in person photograph, the usual. I am not interested in in party events or concerts. So how do I get those?

if that's all you're realy interested in then the cheapest way to go would be to get the general admission tickets. They're usualy about $40 a day and you would then just buy the autograph tickets for each person you want

Creation will post the ticket options closer to the convention. I recommend getting the autograp tickets for the people you want in advance as some of them can sell out

Ethan Phillips (Neelix, VOY) and Tony Todd (Kurn on TNG and DS9, adult Jake Sisko in DS9 episode The Visitor, Alpha Hirogen in VOY episodes Prey and Flesh and Blood) have been added as guests.

Here's the list so far:

4. Ethan Phillips (Neelix, VOY)
  5. Connor Trineer (Trip Tucker, ENT)
  6. Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed, ENT)
  7. Vaughn Armstrong (Admiral Forrest, ENT as well as too many characters to name on TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT)
  8. Tony Todd (Kurn on TNG and DS9 and other characters on DS9 and VOY)
  9. Hallie Todd (Lal in the TNG episode "The Offspring)

More guests have been added for the convention including Robert Picardo (the Doctor, VOY), Cirroc Lofton (Jake Sisko, DS9), Anthony Montgomery (Travis Mayweather, ENT) and John Billingsley (Dr. Phlox, ENT).

Here's the list so far:

4. Cirroc Lofton (Jake Sisko, DS9)
  5. Robert Picardo (the Doctor, VOY)
  6. Ethan Phillips (Neelix, VOY)
  7. Connor Trineer (Trip Tucker, ENT)
  8. Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed, ENT)
  9. Anthony Montgomery (Travis Mayweather, ENT)
  10. John Billingsley (Dr. Phlox, ENT)
  11. Vaughn Armstrong (Admiral Forrest, ENT as well as too many characters to name on TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT)
  12. Tony Todd (Kurn on TNG and DS9 and other characters on DS9 and VOY)
  13. Hallie Todd (Lal in the TNG episode "The Offspring)

A lot more guests have been added including George Takei (Sulu, TOS), Rene Auberjonois (Odo, DS9), Armin Shimerman (Quark, DS9), Tim Russ (Tuvoc, VOY), Marc Alaimo (Gul Dukat, DS9), Jeffrey Combs (Shran, ENT, Weyoun, DS9 and multiple other characters), Max Grodenchik (Rom, DS9), Suzie Plakson (K'Ehleyr, TNG and other characters), Laurence Luckinbill (Sybok, STV:TFF), Jacqueline Kim (Demora Sulu, ST:GEN), Todd Bryant (Capt. Klaa, ST:TFF), Spice Williams-Crosby (Vixis, STV:TFF), Susan Howard (Mara in TOS episode The Day of the Dove) and Sabrina Scharf (Miramanee in the TOS episode The Paradise Syndrome).

Here's the list so far:

3. George Takei (Sulu, TOS)
  4. Jonathan Frakes (Will Riker, TNG)
  5. Rene Auberjonois (Odo, DS9)
  6. Armin Shimerman (Quark, DS9),
  7. Cirroc Lofton (Jake Sisko, DS9)
  8. Max Grodenchik (Rom, DS9)
  9. Robert Picardo (the Doctor, VOY)
  10. Tim Russ (Tuvoc, VOY)
  11. Ethan Phillips (Neelix, VOY)
  12. Connor Trineer (Trip Tucker, ENT)
  13. Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed, ENT)
  14. Anthony Montgomery (Travis Mayweather, ENT)
  15. John Billingsley (Dr. Phlox, ENT)
  16. Vaughn Armstrong (Admiral Forrest, ENT as well as too many characters to name on TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT)
  17. Marc Alaimo (Gul Dukat, DS9)
  18. Jeffrey Combs (Shran, ENT, Weyoun, DS9 and multiple other characters)
  19. Suzie Plakson (K'Ehleyr, TNG and other characters)
  20. Tony Todd (Kurn on TNG and DS9 and other characters on DS9 and VOY)
  21. Hallie Todd (Lal in the TNG episode "The Offspring)
  22. Laurence Luckinbill (Sybok, STV:TFF)
  23. Todd Bryant (Capt. Klaa, ST:TFF)
  24. Spice Williams-Crosby (Vixis, STV:TFF)
  25. Jacqueline Kim (Demora Sulu, ST:GEN)
  26. Susan Howard (Mara in TOS episode The Day of the Dove)
  27. Sabrina Scharf (Miramanee in the TOS episode The Paradise Syndrome)

The following people are listed as being available for autographs and photographs in The Autograph Room:

1. Lois Jewell (Drusilla in TOS's Bread and Circuses)
  2. Bobby Clark (The Gorn Captain in TOS's The Arena)
  3. Natalija Nogulich (Admiral Alynna Nechayev on TNG and DS9)
  4. William Wellman (Bajoran Security on DS9)
  5. Celeste Yarnall (Yeoman Martha Landon in TOS's The Apple)
  6. Vince Deadrick Sr. & Jr. (Legendary stuntmen who appeared in episodes from TOS to ENT)
  7. Michael Dante (Maab in TOS's Friday's Child)
  8. Lawrence Montaigne (Decius in TOS's Balance of Terror and Stonn in Amok Time)

It's nice to see the guest list expanding.

I can't wait for the Shatner - Takei onstage lovefest! ;)

Some of the last guests listed interest me the most: Hallie Todd, Tony Todd, the Final Frontier guests and the TOS guest stars.

If you are going and get a chance, I recommend going to the autograph room & talking & getting autographs of any of these gueststars. They've appered in many productions and are very enjoyable to talk to.

I am considering flying out to Vegas again this coming summer, I still have $100 worth of comp vouchers at the Luxor that I can cash in for cash. So that would cover at least part of my plane ticket. I probably wouldn't go during the convention though.

More guests have been added including Michael Dorn (Worf, TNG & DS9), Colm Meaney (Miles O'Brien, TNG & DS9), Robert Beltan (Chakotay, VOY), Linda Park (Hoshi Sato, ENT) and Zachary Quinto (Spock, STXI).

Here's the list so far:

3. George Takei (Sulu, TOS)
  4. Jonathan Frakes (Will Riker, TNG)
  5. Michael Dorn (Worf, TNG & DS9)
  6. Colm Meaney (Miles O'Brien, TNG & DS9)
  7. Rene Auberjonois (Odo, DS9)
  8. Armin Shimerman (Quark, DS9),
  9. Cirroc Lofton (Jake Sisko, DS9)
  10. Max Grodenchik (Rom, DS9)
  11. Robert Beltan (Chakotay, VOY)
  12. Robert Picardo (the Doctor, VOY)
  13. Tim Russ (Tuvoc, VOY)
  14. Ethan Phillips (Neelix, VOY)
  15. Connor Trineer (Trip Tucker, ENT)
  16. Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed, ENT)
  17. Anthony Montgomery (Travis Mayweather, ENT)
  18. John Billingsley (Dr. Phlox, ENT)
  19. Linda Park (Hoshi Sato, ENT)
  20. Zachary Quinto (Spock, STXI)
  21. Vaughn Armstrong (Admiral Forrest, ENT as well as too many characters to name on TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT)
  22. Marc Alaimo (Gul Dukat, DS9)
  23. Jeffrey Combs (Shran, ENT, Weyoun, DS9 and multiple other characters)
  24. Suzie Plakson (K'Ehleyr, TNG and other characters)
  25. Tony Todd (Kurn on TNG and DS9 and other characters on DS9 and VOY)
  26. Hallie Todd (Lal in the TNG episode "The Offspring)
  27. Laurence Luckinbill (Sybok, STV:TFF)
  28. Todd Bryant (Capt. Klaa, ST:TFF)
  29. Spice Williams-Crosby (Vixis, STV:TFF)
  30. Jacqueline Kim (Demora Sulu, ST:GEN)
  31. Susan Howard (Mara in TOS episode The Day of the Dove)
  32. Sabrina Scharf (Miramanee in the TOS episode The Paradise Syndrome)

The following people are listed as being available for autographs and photographs in The Autograph Room:

1. Lois Jewell (Drusilla in TOS's Bread and Circuses)
  2. Bobby Clark (The Gorn Captain in TOS's The Arena)
  3. Natalija Nogulich (Admiral Alynna Nechayev on TNG and DS9)
  4. William Wellman (Bajoran Security on DS9)
  5. Celeste Yarnall (Yeoman Martha Landon in TOS's The Apple)
  6. Vince Deadrick Sr. & Jr. (Legendary stuntmen who appeared in episodes from TOS to ENT)
  7. Michael Dante (Maab in TOS's Friday's Child)
  8. Lawrence Montaigne (Decius in TOS's Balance of Terror and Stonn in Amok Time)

I'm really excited about all the great guests at the convention. Although I'm still hoping for Alexander Siddig and Andrew Robinson. And more of the Trek XI stars would be cool. :klingon:

I'm there, I have my ticket bought and just waiting for the convention now. How many of you all are going?

I'm going again this year.. :b-day:

I would love to be able to go this year, but the economy is making it nearly impossible for me to find another job, so it will not be in there this year. Oh Well Maybe Next Year.