Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Name change for Enterprise

Enterprise or Star Trek: Enterprise. It doesn't matter to me. It's still the same show, and still a part of the franchise.

Guest Chimei

It was bound to happen and certainly a good thing for promotions, etc., etc...

but in all honesty, I'm thrilled. I've loved the show from the moment I saw a Klingon running through a cornfield, two seasons ago. The show is fantastic and deserves the prestige that accompanies the words Star Trek.

I say it's about time....

:blink:

It does not matter to me either way what they call it. But I can understand thier point in changing it. Besides alot of the fans have been calling for it since day one.

dont matter to me either way, ive always known its startrek, and i will always just refer to it as enterprise. they can call it what they want. anyone who didnt know it was startrek, really has a problem.lol.

I have to agree with those who said that, no matter what the name, it's Star Trek. I also liked the series from day one, and have not quite understood all the fuss surrounding the series.

ya they did add in the star trek in the opening. i thought the way enterprise was written in across the screen on the planet looked a bit better, but honestly, who cares. lol.

What, it was changed in the intro of tonight's episode? :blink: I watched the intro, but missed the part where "Enterprise" flashes up in the credits. I sincerely hope it's not changed. :bow:

If it is changed, what about the soundtrack only having the name Enterprise on the cover?

If it is changed, what about the soundtrack only having the name Enterprise on the cover?

The soundtrack with the orignal title may have now gone up in value.

I have the soundtrack, I HOPE it goes up in value!

I haven't seen the new episode yet, since it runs here at midnight, but here's a screen cap from the above-referenced article.

entitle.jpg

It also says this:

The note did not state whether the show's credits would be changed to reflect the change in title. StarTrek.com still lists the show as just Enterprise. However, a screen capture from an advance tape of the show reflects the change.

I think that it is part of the whole attempt to save the series. By appealing to the older established fan base and bringing the series closer into the Star Trek family. I dont mind the name change. I think it is a good move if it will help to bring a larger audience to the series. I note that Smallville's full production title is Smallville: Superman the early years. And that attracted me to the series on the level that I knew it just wasnt about the town but Superman as well. So, if you follow my point, Enterprise now has that awhole This is Trek element to it, that others may recognise and latch on to. At the end of the day, it's all about image and branding isnt it? In order to survive.

I don't really care what they call it, I will watch anyway. I just feel that they should have picked a name and stuck with it.

This name change doesn't bother me in the least..It should have been called 'Star Trek: Enterprise' from the beginning IMO..It really doesn't matter though..It's the show on the screen that counts..And I thought last nights Episode was good..However, I will still refer to it as 'Enterprise'..When the other series were on and you were talking to someone about it what did you call the show?..Did you refer to it as "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine"?..I know I didn't..I called it "Deep Space Nine"..The same will be true of 'Star Trek: Enterprise' I think...IMO..

By appealing to the older established fan base and bringing the series closer into the Star Trek family.

In my experience with them unhappy about ENT (SSTC) the title has nothing to do with it. Their complaints are for the writing; re-hashing stories of people transmutating are not what they expected from ENT.

Casting; many hate Bakula.

The excessive sexuality.

Continuity; (the "Akiraprise"), the greatest fear with the continuity is that, to cause what we are seeing on ENT to line up with what we know about TOS, tptb are going to use time travel stories as an excuse to push the reset button resulting in "ENT never happened" or something like that.

Adding Star Trek to the title does nothing to address these concerns.

read what they say here SSTC

By appealing to the older established fan base and bringing the series closer into the Star Trek family.

In my experience with them unhappy about ENT (SSTC) the title has nothing to do with it. Their complaints are for the writing; re-hashing stories of people transmutating are not what they expected from ENT.

Casting; many hate Bakula.

The excessive sexuality.

Continuity; (the "Akiraprise"), the greatest fear with the continuity is that, to cause what we are seeing on ENT to line up with what we know about TOS, tptb are going to use time travel stories as an excuse to push the reset button resulting in "ENT never happened" or something like that.

Adding Star Trek to the title does nothing to address these concerns.

read what they say here SSTC

The title change does not bother me at all.

I don't understand why many hate Bakula as Archer, I think he's doing a great job!

As for the excessive sexuality,well I'm still waiting to see it,I haven't seen that much on here,so far its about equal with DS9, Voyager, and TNG

As for continuity,so far in my opinion the continuity is intact,there has been nothing much to cause it to be out of line with the other Star Trek shows. And Enterprise does not look like an Akira class vessel,the Akira class vessels look like the old NX-01 vessels. The 24th century starship designers thought the NX vessels were a good design so that decided to build new ships by upgrading an old design. :blink:

I'm so easy!

Just to clarify my position, I disagree with all the items those unhappy with ENT raise. ENT has been, slowly but surely meeting all my expectations for the prequel. Often in surprizing and un-expected ways, I love it!

As for Bakula, they think he is bringing too much of Sam Beckett to the role.