Sign in to follow this  
Korthedaharmaster

Dominion war Question Please help

HI all there is something that has always confused about the domininon war. That is how come Sisco always said to Martok or The Romulans we must save the alpha Q. now if i know my Star Trek I know that the klingons and the romulans both have there Empires in the BEta Q. so how come they never mentioned the beta Q.

????

:force::eek: :huh: :huh: :dude::tear::dude:

plus...the alpha quadrant(ie federation) is the buffer between the gamma and beta quadrants...thus if the alpha quadrant fell to the dominion, then the romulan and klingon empires (ie beta quadrant) would be next...

While according to the spacial maps of the galaxy, alot of the big species are in the beta quad; however, it has been my impression that when they speak of the Alpha Q, they are usually refering to the big gob of explored space. Most watchers don't know who is a part of the beta quadrant, it isn't really mentioned. To keep it simple, they just say alpha quad. Also, more of the alpha quad is explored than the beta quad according to the map I speak of. And my last point is... don't pay much attention to the official regions of space. They are completly messup up distance wise... so they could easily be messed up location wise. I really you know what "map" I'm talking about or else you must be really confused right now.

As mentioned, the Romulan and Klingon empires are on the border of the Alpha Quadrant and it's not like The Dominion would stop in the Alpha Quadrant when just as couple hours away are the Klingon and Romulan home worlds.

And it's true that the beta quadrant is almost never mentioned by name.

Edited by ~Crims~

It's like a game of Domino's. If the Federation falls, the Alpha Quadrant falls. If the Alpha Quadrant falls, the Klingons and the Romulans will fall, and thus the Beta Quadrant will fall...

The Dominion wouldn't really have any access to the Delta Quadrant unless they took the long road... Maybe in a few centuries, they will be fighting the Kazon and Viidians, but I doubt it.

The Jem'Hadar would make an excellent battle drone, if the Borg could supply them with a synthetic ketracel white. I do wonder if the Borg could successfully assimilate a Founder.

HI all there is something that has always confused about the domininon war. That is how come Sisco always said to Martok or The Romulans we must save the alpha Q. now if i know my Star Trek I know that the klingons and the romulans both have there Empires in the BEta Q. so how come they never mentioned the beta Q.

????

:force: :jem'hadar: :quark::spock::klingon::borg2::assimilated:

You need to remember that the wormhole that the Domimion used to get to the Alpha Quadrant was located in the Alpha Quadrant! Also being the Dominion was allied with the Cardassians and used there territory to build up there forces, was also in the Alpha Quadrant. Due to this the Alpha Quadrant was the key to everything, if it fell into enemy hands the Dominion would be able to receive unlimited reinforcements and the path to the Beta Quadrant would be open for invasion!

while this is true, the klingons and the romulans wouldn't allow the dominoin to take control of the beta quadrant.

By then it would not have mattered. Once the Alpha Quadrant fell with the total destruction of the combined Federation, Klingon, & Romulan fleets, there would nothing left to stop the Dominion/Cardassion fleets from taking the Beta Quadrant

yes ther ewas. the cardassion's defecting to the federation armada

That was at the end of the war, besides it really does not make any difference!

If the Alpha Q fell, it would have been doubtful that the Cardassians would have ever switched sides. They would have stated on the winning side.

Besides it is not like the Cardassian were very powerful anyway, they were the weakest race in the Alpha & Beta Q.

no it wouldn't happen. like any great power, you'd have to exterminate every man, woman and child to actually make sure your power is absolute

They seem to be really nice...... the opposite of Klingons. I could talk Klingonese at one point.

And I'm going off topic I should shut up now... :jem'hadar:

no it wouldn't happen. like any great power, you'd have to exterminate every man, woman and child to actually make sure your power is absolute

What would not happen???

Besides it was more then likely that in the end the Dominion were going to exterminate every man, woman and child from every race including the once who were allied with them.

The Jem'Hadar would make an excellent battle drone, if the Borg could supply them with a synthetic ketracel white. I do wonder if the Borg could successfully assimilate a Founder.

I doubt assimilated Jem'Hadar would need Ketracel White. While the Jem'Hadar are genetically engineered to need it, the Borg are known to use genetic manipulation to alter drones, both for specific uses and for drone standardization. A little genetic manipulation, and the White is no longer needed.

I doubt assimilated Jem'Hadar would need Ketracel White. While the Jem'Hadar are genetically engineered to need it, the Borg are known to use genetic manipulation to alter drones, both for specific uses and for drone standardization. A little genetic manipulation, and the White is no longer needed.

True, the assimilated Jem'Hadar would not need Ketracel White due to genetic manipulation.