Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Q stole my bike

The not so adventurous adventures of QSMB

Yeah, I used to have one of these, but that was years ago, and it doesn't seem worth resurrecting. I mean, I'm a different person now. Not completely different, but different enough. So, let's gt the heavy stuff out of the way and see exactly what's changed.

Mostly, I've just figured out more of who I am and come to terms with certain parts of myself. I've given up my spiritual floundering and came to the conclusion that I'm an atheist with nihilistic tendencies. I know that nihilism is more of a philosophical ideology than a religious one, but I feel like lumping them together gives a more accurate description of how I view the world. I could go on, but I doubt anyone is too interested.

And, another thing, though I haven't exactly been trying to hide it. I am a female who likes other females, almost exclusively. I don't really like to call myself a lesbian, though, partly because I feel like is too complex to fit neatly into a category, and partly because of my own odd views on gender and sexuality. Whatever. I'm just a me.

Now onto the more mundane stuff!

Micro center is wearing me down. It's been about a week of "Yeah, we'll have that in stock tomorrow." If they don't have the tablet PC I want within the next few days, I'm taking my money to the internets.

Nihilism (from the Latin nihil, nothing) is a philosophical position which argues that existence is without objective meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value.

Thanks QSMB for expanding my diction by one word. :blush2:

Oh and a nicely written personal log, very interesting. ;)

I'm an atheist with nihilistic tendencies.

I am a female who likes other females, almost exclusively.

I guess two out of three isn't bad.

Consider it a challenge, Roy....... :blush2:

Yeah, good luck guys. :whistling:

Went ahead and ordered the computer, but I've got no idea when it's going to get here. Oh well, it's better than dealing with grouchy salespeople.

Last night my parents and I had to go and eat dinner with one of the most obnoxious people I know. I don't think I could have tolerated that guy if it weren't for the good food and ridiculous amounts of good wine. Today I almost slept until noon, and then I formulated QSMB's Law of Sines (not to be confused with the mathematic law of sines).

When drinking with someone who you don't like, their level of annoyingness as a function of time create a perfect sine wave. That is, they go from being extremely annoying, gradually back to tolerable, and so on and so forth. The amplitude of the wave increases with the number of drinks consumed.

The tablet has shipped, but it's not in the tracking system yet, so I'm still not sure when it's going to get here. This still beats dealing with grouchy salespeople. Also, a question for the tech peoples. How tricky is it to upgrade a processor? I'm looking to upgrade my Dell XPS m1710, and I know my way around the inside of a computer. Is this something best left to the professionals (or, in my case, skilled amateurs who will do a better job for nothing but snacks and a case of beer).

Neither. I was talking about the sales people at Micro Center. Since I went ahead and ordered my computer online, I won't have to deal with their shenanigans. Though, truth be told, the Micro Center people are much smarter and more agreeable than most people who work in electronics stores.

In other news, I highly recommend the movie Pineapple Express, especially to people who do or ever have smoked weed. Not gonna lie, I have some friends who I could see that happening to. In other other news, I finally got to use my new hookah, and it was glorious. Apparently, smoke comes out of my nose when I exhale. I don't know if that's really cool or really embarassing.

I bet Kevin (VGB) or Mandy (Rikerchick) could answer your questions about the compter. I am also certain you knew who I was talking about, but just in case. As I have said in other posts you are a very pretty girl. From the looks of your picture young enough to be my granddaughter, so Van Roy and the other will have to drive them selves crazy over your preferences. As for the pot thingm I remember when my grandfather told me he had smoked pot when young. I remember thinking they knew what pot was back then, now I feel the same way.

I could answer any computer problems you may have, helps when you're a computer networking major in college. :D

finally got my tablet! It was supposed to Come yesterday, out for sore reason the UPS guy didn't come until 7:30 when I was out getting dinner. Oh well. It was trivia night, and my team got 4th!

In other news I learned how to blow smoke rings.

RC likes smoke rings. :)

:shocked:

"take me disappearin' through the smoke rings of my mind" :shocked:

Oh, duh. Wow I should've gotten that :clap:

"take me disappearin' through the smoke rings of my mind" :shocked:

lol I was wondering... just ignore the PM asking you lol

"take me disappearin' through the smoke rings of my mind" :clap:

I feel so stupid :punk::shocked:

:clap:

"take me disappearin' through the smoke rings of my mind" :punk:

I feel so stupid :dude::shocked:

It's funny we are turning QSMB's log into the Smoke Ring thread.

And its ironic my Dad used to laugh about me growing up and say "Djenane doesn't smoke, drink or chew, or run with those that do".

I've never even seen a smoke ring. Its even probably one of the contributing factors to me getting married young, I never like going to the smoke filled bars coming home smelling like smoke. :shocked:

Your post number right now is 1701! Cool! :superhappy:

I had friend named Brian at my old job that smoked and I teased him that every cig he smoked was taking 5 minutes of his life. Brian had a really clever come back about hoping I did something meaningful with my 5 minutes as stepped outside for his smoke break.

I think I watched cartoons or something with my 5 minutes. :whistling:

OMG back again!

I haven't been around the past few months because I've been distracted by more interesting things in real life. I really got into costuming this fall, and as of my last time saying something on this thing I've made Mandalorian armor (rough draft, still needs love), a steampunk-ified 1880s dress, and half of a second 1880s dress.

Anyway, I just found out that they make patterns for Starfleet uniforms, so I'm totally making the movie-era uniform as soon as I get my two unfinished projects done. Maybe it will be done in time for DragonCon. My character is totally going to be a Romulan spy. WooHooo

RC, where are you where it's 60 degrees, and can I visit? A warm February day in Amherst is 40!

In other news, I am tempted to write not work safe fan fiction, I'm not in organic chemistry lab today because I have the flu, and I can't continue my sewing until I go back to the fabric store. Hmmm