Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ace

The return of Ace!... sortof.

Rikerchick suggested that I stop by to say “hey” to everyone and since I had a few minutes free tonight, I thought I would!

So… Hi! I see some familiar names on here and I hope you’ve all been doing great in the last, oh, 2.5 years (Wow… I didn’t realize it had been that long). It looks like STF is doing well and I still may stop by from time to time to see what’s new in the world of Trek. : )

As for me, I re-read some of my old log and life is definitely different than it was 2 or 3 years ago. All of that studying I used to complain about must’ve paid off; I graduated from my university with a Business degree in both Marketing and Management back in ’07. Those four years were amazing and part of me wishes I could do it all over again!

After graduation, I took a few months off to figure out what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. I realized that even though I’m still interested in real estate, college admissions is my passion. To make the decision even easier, God had the perfect job waiting for me at just the right time (I literally found out about the position the day before it closed).

For the last year, I’ve been working for my alma-mater as an Admissions Counselor / Recruiter. I help high school students and their families from across my state (plus some of the upper Midwest -mainly Chicago) decide if this school is right for them. I get to travel for a few months out of the year and form relationships with really, really great kids. The pay ain’t half-bad either, but the best part is definitely the kids. A few years ago, I would’ve laughed if you told me I was going to take a job that required public speaking, but that’s at least half of what I do now. I’ve spoken to groups of nearly a thousand people at once (no, really) in the last year. What a difference 12 months makes, huh?

I spend pretty much all of my time with friends, family and work now (and looking for a house to buy in the next two years; wish me luck), so I’m not on the internet as much as I used to be. Still, if anyone wants to drop me a line, I’ll be sure to respond! Also, feel free to let me know what to expect with the new Trek movie; I haven’t kept up with the details at all. I'm not that impressed by what I've heard so far; will it be any good?

Again, Hey to my former co-workers on the “Mod-Squad” and to those select few who might remember me. I hope you’re all happy and healthy and that life’s been (and stays) good.

If you get the chance, let me know what you've been up to!

-Clay (aka “Ace”)

Hey Clay it's great to see you on! Glad to hear all is going well with you. We're still chugging along here at STF and looking forward to Star Trek XI next May.

I do hope you'll stop back by as often as life allows.

Hi Ace!

It's great to hear from you! I'm glad you're doing well. Please stop by when you can. Things are fun here and should be staying active, as the movie gets closer to release.

I hope ST:XI will be good, they've had enough time to fix it if it had problems. Time will tell.

Take care and thanks for bringing us up to date on what you've been doing!

*TACKLE HUGS* :lick:

I'm so glad you stopped by, I've missed you on here since I came back.

Kevin: Long time no see! I probably will stop by every now and then. After the movie comes out, I'd like to see what the people who go opening night think of it.

Trekz: Good to hear from you too! Indeed, time will tell. I've never been a fan of prequel-Trek, but I hope the film will at least be respectable. As for the casting, I just know that it's going to be hard for me to take Simon Pegg seriously as Scotty after seeing him in Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. ; )

RC & Gabri: ::tackle hug:: I can't tell you how empty my life has been without the word "thwack" in it everyday. ; )

Hey to AE as well :blink:. Thanks for the add; feel free to let me know how life's been going!

Hey Ace, long time no see. Congratulations on your graduation and work, sounds very rewarding. Thanks to you as well. ;-) All is very well, thank you. Welcome back and I hope you are able to visit more often, again.

Good to see you around man. Hope you can find time to continue to stop by from time to time. You have been missed.

*thwack!*

It's not often I get to make someone's life less empty. :blink: So what's going on, Ace?

Hey Ace, long time no see. Congratulations on your graduation and work, sounds very rewarding. Thanks to you as well. ;-) All is very well, thank you. Welcome back and I hope you are able to visit more often, again.

Thanks, and 'rewarding' is definitely the right word. I know I've disappeared and reappeared several times now, but hopefully it won't be for multiple years next time. : )

Good to see you around man. Hope you can find time to continue to stop by from time to time. You have been missed.

Good to hear from you, Dil. How've ya been?

*thwack!*

It's not often I get to make someone's life less empty. :D So what's going on, Ace?

Haha; that may just be my all-time favorite word.

Funny you should ask...

The last two weeks have been a little crazy and the next two will have more of the same. Yesterday was a day-long recruitment event that I've been planning for homeschooled high schoolers. I had almost 90 rsvp's and the families who came really seemed to enjoy themselves, especially since colleges don't really give them the attention they deserve. It was alot of work, but it was pretty fun at the same time.

We also just hired two new admissions counselors in the office and I volunteered to be in charge of training them and prepping all their materials, so that's been a little time-consuming. I enjoy teaching, though, so I can't complain about that either.

Starting tomorrow, I hit the road for a little while. I'll be working out of hotels for the first half of August, including trips to Milwaukee, Chicago and Nashville. Even though I enjoy the travel, I'm looking forward to some time off when I get back... before I hit the road again for most of September and October. :P