Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odie

Grand Canyon

Last year my family made a trip to the Grand Canyon.

Click for Spoiler:

DSC00608.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

DSC00598.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

DSC00683.jpg

I've been to the Grand Canyon about 4 times. Its breathtaking. It really makes you feel like you're on another planet!

Great pics, Odie! Thanks for sharing them!... :bag:

Great photos, Odie! Thanks for sharing them

What is impressive to me about the canyon are the colors of the rocks and how just walking a few feet gives you both a different view and different shadings of the rocks. The structures around the canyon are also interesting including some of the buildings designed by Mary Coulter including the Desert View Watch Tower, and the remains of structures built by the native americans of the area.

Thanks everyone. When I was at the Grand Canyon it was looking into the past.

Here are more pictures:

Click for Spoiler:

DSC00597.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

DSC00606.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

DSC00611-1.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

DSC00628-1.jpg

(My Ford Escape, which my family uses to take road trips when we have the time.)

No, it was not open when I went there. I really do not think I would be able to go on it.

Click for Spoiler:

I am afraid of heights even though in the Navy I have to climb the mast on the ships. :bag:

Wonderful pics. I've been there twice but Robert and I want to take the kids on the Grand Canyon Railway next time we go. I wish I could find my pics. I have a whole bunch of pics of Sedona and the Grand Canyon from a few years ago but I can't find them anywhere.

Thanks, RC. I am planning on going back when my sons a older so they can remember the experence or at least I won't have to carry them around the park.

Wonderful pics. I've been there twice but Robert and I want to take the kids on the Grand Canyon Railway next time we go. I wish I could find my pics. I have a whole bunch of pics of Sedona and the Grand Canyon from a few years ago but I can't find them anywhere.

The Grand Canyon Railway is great. I use that every time I go. You get a neat little Wild West show before you board. While enroute, you are entertained by people singing and playing western songs on guitar and fiddle. On the way home, you get to experience a train holdup by some bandits on horseback. Its quite an experience and the kids would love it. Try to get the steam engine if you can.

Click for Spoiler:
post-1043-1215247172_thumb.jpg

Click for Spoiler:
post-1043-1215247648_thumb.jpg

Click for Spoiler:
post-1043-1215247123_thumb.jpg

Click for Spoiler:
post-1043-1215247551_thumb.jpg

Here are some pics I took of the Canyon last time I was there.