Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RikerChick

Are You a Citizen of the World?

You Are a Citizen of the World

citizen-2.png

Whenever possible, you try to pay attention to what's going on in the world.

You are truly interested in all people and countries, no matter how far away from you they are.

You try to learn, travel, and understand.

Being a part of the whole world is important to you, and you're always working to be more internationally focused.

The quiz is a little misleading and they really show their bias in their responses rather than staying neutral. While I know what's going on in the world I tend to filter out what's not important to my life. Local and national issues that effect me and my country are what concerns me. While I live in and on the world, I am a citizen of Virginia and a citizen of the United States.

You a Not a Citizen of the World

citizen-1.png

When it comes to what's going on in the world, you stay blissfully unaware.

You are too busy to be concerned with what's happening halfway around the world.

And while it may it may be easy to stay in your comfort zone, you may end up getting left behind.

Everything and everyone is going more global every day... and you need to keep up!

You are truly interested in all people and countries, no matter how far away from you they are.

Being a part of the whole world is important to you, and you're always working to be more internationally focused.

The quiz is a little misleading and they really show their bias in their responses rather than staying neutral. While I know what's going on in the world I tend to filter out what's not important to my life. Local and national issues that effect me and my country are what concerns me. While I live in and on the world, I am a citizen of Virginia and a citizen of the United States.

Not only that but the questions were rather simplistic. A true "world citizen" would be insulted by them. The first question asks "How many friends do you have that were born in foreign countries?" The largest answer you can say is "A few". In my part of the country MOST people are originally from different countries. I'm not even talking about Mexico or South America either. I mean Vietnam, mainland China, India. the Philippines, various parts of Africa (whites and blacks), some from Europe (especially former Soviet Bloc countries), etc. Answering "At least a few" just doesn't capture it.

I visited one foreign country and lived there for a year. But that isn't an option either. I have to choose either 1 or A Few. You get points for vacationing in a foreign country, but not actually living there.

For "How much do you know about world history?" all three answers are possible. I can know more than I learned in school AND a good amount AND want to know more.

At any rate, I got "You are not a citizen of the world."

citizen-2.png

Are You a Citizen of the World?

You are a Model Citizen of the World

You care deeply about the world, and you do everything you can to help.

You feel like the injustices in the world are your injustices, and you fight to fix them.

You have a deep appreciation for the differences that make up the world.

You feel like you have something to gain from every culture and country.

You are a Model Citizen of the World

You care deeply about the world, and you do everything you can to help.

You feel like the injustices in the world are your injustices, and you fight to fix them.

You have a deep appreciation for the differences that make up the world.

You feel like you have something to gain from every culture and country.