Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Nudity in ENT?

I agree with TrekkieBabe in that I don't mind a bit of skin as long as it is done tastefully. Kind of like the STNG episode where a female crewmember was posing nude for a portrait. I agree with Cap in the belief that T'pol's mad dash through the corridor's of Enterprise half nude was not neccessary. The whole Pon Far subject was rehashed just for that result. Other than that the episode was fine. Oh and Cap your views on a lot of trek subjects are very close to my own so theres no belittling coming from me.

I'd also appreciate it if you'd stop belittling my views on sexuallity and nudity and respect views that don't conform to your own.

Who is this aimed at CJLP?..I don't think any of us were trying to belittle your views..I know that I wasn't..I was just expressing my opinion..Like I said before..We will all feel differently about this subject. But in the end there isn't much that we can do about it..Except watch it or turn it off..

i say that you should just deal with it... come have some faith of the heart will ya?

Good one :laugh:

I have no problem with nudity on Star Trek as long as its done tastefully,and as long as there is a point to it.I do not consider T'Pol's undie romp sexually explicit.

I agree with that. :laugh:

Update update I just thought of another very sexual thing that u see at all hours on T.V they are called commersial(ya i spelled that wrong i just got up) im watchin some cartoon ill admit it and about 5 minutes ago victoria secret Add came on the T.v. and the chick wasnt warin all that much and u could see alot of skin not to say i didnt like it but they have sex everyware and how bought the shampoo adds where the lady is having a orgasm(if u don't no what this is or is u are to young all it is a good feeling) in the shower while washing her hair and hat about the girls gone wild adds that are only sposed to come on in the middle of the night well i have seen them at 12 noon on a sunday, and thre are so many more adds on t.v. that try to get u to bye there products on sex appeal that are so much worse than a bit of skin i find that a condom commercial with Tro Jan Man(it is funny how they say it) will bring a whole lot of more questions for parrents than a bit of skin get over it really some of you commplainers need to get out of your dark house go out and get a life away from commplaing about skin in enterprise all day go get some sun go to an activity out side even if it is just laying in the grass listing to your star trek sound track lol life is to short to worry about skin in Enterprise all day.

And i have said it twice and ill say it again

T'pol Naked Yah

Actually, I avoid the "Victoria Secret" commercial, especially when the woman flashes on screen in her undies. I just change the channel. As for the Shampoo adds, I have no idea what an "orgasm" is, but if it's sexual, that's not what shes' experriencing. When I pop and contort my back, I experrience great levels of pleasure, but that doesn't mean it's sexual. :laugh: As for the "Girls Gone Wild" adds, I'm usually in bed when those get shown durring the middle of the night. Sorry dude, but sex appeal just isn't appealing, it's actually quite insulting. This is why I don't buy products when people feel they need to use sex to sell them. As for your last few sentences, well, they were plain insulting and do not deserve a response.

Yes the girls in that shampoo add that are going "Ohh Yes yes!" and moaning,they are imulating an orgasm. If you don't know what that is,well you will one day,I guess after your married and you actually have sex,you'll definatly know what an orgasm is.

But thats off topic, I agree with many here.There has been no graphic sex on Enterprise.Running around the ship in your underwear is not sex (And alot of the men on board Enterprise have managed to runnaround a bit in their undies as well.) Getting a massage is not sexual (But it sure is relaxing!) :laugh:

And I stand by my beliefs that DS9 showed way more sexual things than Enterprise ever has.

When I pop and contort my back, I experrience great levels of pleasure, but that doesn't mean it's sexual.

Said my Captain Jean-Luc Picard, isn't that what they were doing in the Xindi Just pressing on each backs and if i remeber right T'pol was insulted when Trip thought she was trying to have sex with him. by saying Captain Jean-Luc Picard u became a hypocrit ooooo ooooo oooo

Edited by Korthedaharmaster

This thread is totally mindboggling. ....

Well, let me add that I think you've all missed a major point on the upcoming episode Raijn (sp). You're all getting off on the sex implications. What about the concept that this person is a slave?

I think this episode has depth potential...there's a thread about human trafficking on this board. Some people on that thread refuse to believe slavery exists or they refuse to believe women are forced into prostitution. (I can only speculate why they refuse to believe)

First of all you can't tell anything about an episode by the UPN promo. Who knows what the woman is really trying to talk to Hoshi or T'Pol about until we watch it.

As for Archer, if you choose to believe he would risk his crew and mission for some personal sack time....why do you watch Star Trek? Now would he risk his crew and mission to save someone from slavery? That part of his development should be interesting to watch.

If you want cheap sex it's all over the television. I watch Star Trek because I want substance and quality. If Raiijn turns out to be another cheap, sleazy romp then I too will be disappointed.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

When I pop and contort my back, I experrience great levels of pleasure, but that doesn't mean it's sexual.

Said my Captain Jean-Luc Picard, isn't that what they were doing in the Xindi Just pressing on each backs and if i remeber right T'pol was insulted when Trip thought she was trying to have sex with him. by saying Captain Jean-Luc Picard u became a hypocrit ooooo ooooo oooo

Except I don't get naked to make my back feel better, thus I'm not a hypocrit, making your statement irrelevant.

Stardate:213740.9

To sum it all up[rant] THERE ISNT A DAMN THING ANY OF YOU CAN DO ABOUT THE STUFF ON ENTERPIRSE.IF DONT LIKE IT THEN TOO DAMN BAD!!!!BOO HOO THERSE IS A LITTLE SKIN ON ENT BOO HOO!!!!You guys are complaing about something you cant change so quit your damn bit****g!!!I reccomend for the MODS to close this topic cause it is really starting to become stupid.[/rant]

Stardate:213740.9

To sum it all up[rant] THERE ISNT A DAMN THING ANY OF YOU CAN DO ABOUT THE STUFF ON ENTERPIRSE.IF DONT LIKE IT THEN TOO DAMN BAD!!!!BOO HOO THERSE IS A LITTLE SKIN ON ENT BOO HOO!!!!You guys are complaing about something you cant change so quit your damn bit****g!!!I reccomend for the MODS to close this topic cause it is really starting to become stupid.[/rant]

I agree this thread has gotten ridiculous but I thought that a long time ago.

But I would hold off on the superiority attitude. There is something people can do - they can stop watching and if enough people stop watching...ENT will get cancelled - which will probably mean no more Star Trek. That would make everyone a loser. ENT already has a limited fan base compared to other network series and its trying to expand to new viewers. Cutting off part of its existing base won't help.

While I don't particularly agree with anything anyone has said on this thread..I do find episodes such as ANIS and Bounty boring and mediocre. I also find it troubling that these episodes present a view heartily promoted by many posters of this thread...that a female's only value lies in how she looks without clothes. Goodness knows I've known enough men like that in real life. I watch Star Trek because I like to believe that someday there will be people who live by principles and have actual character and integrity and have respect for all people; and that someday people will love science and have a desire to explore. Or as the young woman from Earth's past said to Tom Paris "you're not like other guys...you care about something other than your own little life"

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

I haven't been following the arguments for or against nudity on the show on this thread but I just wanted to add my to cents: if we look at how much our views on nudity have changed in the past 150 years, then you can imagine how Victorian we may appear to our descendants 150 years from now. Today in Europe, sport studios offer mixed saunas where men and women sit nude together with absolutely no problems. Nudity in swimming pools, lakes, beaches and parks is something natural, practiced by senior citizens, families with children and young people. A moral hang up with nudity is really only seen in very conservative places like the Middle East, South America and the U.S.

A lot of classic Science Fiction has offered views of a future where nudity among men and women is nothing unusual, whether it's practiced in communal sports, a culturally acceptable practice (like the Betazoids in ST:NG) or as a normal leisure activity. We have to accept that women will be even more empowered in the future than they are now, and that sexual differences between men and women will continue to diminish. A hundred years ago, who would have expected women to serve in the military?

The only problem I have with Enterprise is that the women even bother to cover their themselves when in the decon chamber or in front of their fellow crewmembers. I don't expect that in 150 years from now, women serving on ships in close quarters with male crewmembers will really care if they are seen nude or not. Nudity is the most normal state to be in. I'm surprised this is causing such an uproar among folk here. :lol:

I haven't been following the arguments for or against nudity on the show on this thread but I just wanted to add my to cents: if we look at how much our views on nudity have changed in the past 150 years, then you can imagine how Victorian we may appear to our descendants 150 years from now. Today in Europe, sport studios offer mixed saunas where men and women sit nude together with absolutely no problems. Nudity in swimming pools, lakes, beaches and parks is something natural, practiced by senior citizens, families with children and young people.  A moral hang up with nudity is really only seen in very conservative places like the Middle East, South America and the U.S.

A lot of classic Science Fiction has offered views of a future where nudity among men and women is nothing unusual, whether it's practiced in communal sports, a culturally acceptable practice (like the Betazoids in ST:NG) or as a normal leisure activity. We have to accept that women will be even more empowered in the future than they are now, and that sexual differences between men and women will continue to diminish. A hundred years ago, who would have expected women to serve in the military?

The only problem I have with Enterprise is that the women even bother to cover their themselves when in the decon chamber or in front of their fellow crewmembers. I don't expect that in 150 years from now, women serving on ships in close quarters with male crewmembers will really care if they are seen nude or not. Nudity is the most normal state to be in. I'm surprised this is causing such an uproar among folk here. :lol:

I agree with that 100%Bath.gif

Some of us have principles, including the principle of not appearing nude infront of others. I see nudity as an extrordinarrilly private matter. I am totally against public nudity, this includes seeing it on public TV. If a TV show is going to display nudity, then viewer discression should be advised.

Garzo, you said, "A moral hang up with nudity is really only seen in very conservative places like the Middle East, South America and the U.S." It reaches beyond morallity and into one's faith. Besides, I have many, many reasons for being against nudity. I'd be more than welcome to explain my views on nudity.

Also, why would two crewmembers get naked in a professional environment? Seeing each other in the nude could cause sexual arrousement, and when working, this could be a problem. It would be highly impractical to get naked in the Decon chamber. Being in their undies is just fine, they can decon all they need without having to get naked.

You want it locked?? Done.

(I too feel that this thread and this barage of insults has gone on too long.)

Edited by bysty

Hey captain jean luc picard if you dislike nudity / sexuality in enterprise better tune out next episode cause' its about a love slave that captain archer is interested in... so hmmm.... Dont watch?

Ps: this reminds me alot of that TNG episode with the woman who was a gift to that one guy i forgot the name but when ever she was with a man she would change to be his perfect lover ya know?

I've seen that episode, and this has nothing to do with that.

In that TNG episode, she was a "gift" who would become whatever her owner's heart desired. She was a gift due to interstellar pollitics and so forth.

In Wednesday night's ENT, we see a sex slave seeking asylum.

Where's the similarities?