Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Cosmetic Surgery

this is more of a I really don't get it - why do celebrities keep getting cosmetic surgery when there are so many others out there that have gone before and look so terrible.

A few weeks ago I watched L&O - I kept thinking one of the actors might be Laura Flynn Boyle but she just didn't look quite right. What possesses people to think you can supersize the lips and they'll still blend in with everything else on the face? The lips are one of my biggest peeves - it's usually quite obvious and I can't recall if I've ever seen a successful one.

And I'm not talking corrective surgery - there are cases where that is necessary.

I guess the worst case scenario is Joan Van Ark - looks like her skin shrunk and doesn't quite cover the face anymore

I guess there may be people that actually have successful surgeries and that's why people keep trying but there are so many train wrecks out there - shouldn't that scare people. Laura Flynn Boyle isn't even 40 yet.

seriously - this photo is scary

joanvanark

Joan Van Ark does indeed look frightening! You would think that with all their money they could afford to get good quality cosmetic surgery.

There are more success stories than failures. Sure there is a risk but for some people the risk is worth the reward.

Depends on how you view success. I think success would be not giving into the pressure to look like a Barbie doll instead of a real woman. Not pumping yourself full of foreign materials to make yourself look like what society says you have to look like. I'm not anti-cosmetic surgery at all. There's a place for it and good reasons for it, but most celebrities don't seam to have much in the way of reasoning skills. They have a lot of money and a lot of people telling them everything they do is wonderful. A good number of them look ridiculous because of it. Men included, just look at Mickey Rourke.

2ynndhl.png

But we still don't know what the long term effecdts are I mean lok at Michael Jackson he has so much that he doesn't look human anymore. I mean if I saw him on a episode of Star Trek I would be convinced her was more of a alien than for instance Odo

Depends on how you view success. I think success would be not giving into the pressure to look like a Barbie doll instead of a real woman. ......

I think there's a thing about not getting older as well - I can understand that with celebrities to a point - they're pretty philosophical about the fact the roles stop coming when they get older and it's important they look good onscreen. But aging is a part of life and trying to artificially recreate youth is IMO when they really end up looking pathetic. I see nothing wrong with correcting an overly large nose or ears etc. but trying to look 30 when you're 50 - it isn't going to work.