Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Three Utah Men Drive To 48 States, More Than 7000 Miles

Three Utah men drive to 48 states, more than 7,000 miles

AP

Posted: 2008-05-09 11:03:58

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Three men say they drove to 48 states in less than five days, ending their journey in the Four Corners area of southeastern Utah.

The Four Corners destination allowed them to quickly hit four states - Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona.

The men arrived there Thursday around 6:30 p.m., after driving for 106 hours and 43 minutes. They started in Vermont on Sunday.

Josh Keeler, Adam Gatherum and Joey Stocking rode 7,000 miles in a 2005 Toyota Scion. They say their longest stop was 15 minutes for gas and a bathroom break.

They spent more than $1,000 on gas.

I think this idea started out something like this:

Man #1 - " I'm bored.......what do you wanna do?"

Man #2 - " I don't know.....what do YOU wanna do?"

Man #3 - " Pass me another beer, willya..."

This is something to do when you're young.... it sounds like quite an adventure though but I'd rather take six months and actually visit all the states not just whiz through. The idea actually come from one of the young men's father. They drove a Scion - my sister has one and loves it - I can't imagine sitting in one for four days.

saltlaketribune

My son has a Sicon, and he is young enough to do something like that. I like TUH would take my time and smell the roses along the way. That is my way of saying I am way to old to do any other way :)

I love travel and this sounds awful to me. For me the whole point of travel is to see and experience things in diiferent states, provinces and countries, not to just speed across the countryside in record time, seeing and exoeriencing little. Traveling at night you miss most everything, except white line fever. :) Without the time to explore cities with their architecture, history and museums, and the countryside including villages, lakes, state and national parks, I see very little point to travel just to set a speed record.