Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Woman Files Claim, Saying Dog Feces Ruined Family Outing

Woman files claim, saying dog feces ruined family outing

AP

Posted: 2008-05-08 15:23:28

NORWALK, Conn. (AP)- A New York woman has filed a $100 claim against Norwalk saying a family outing to the Maritime Aquarium was ruined by dog feces. The woman claims her child's shoes, along with the entire outing, were ruined when her 1-year-old stepped in dog feces outside the Maritime Garage.

City attorney M. Jeffry Spahr said the official response is that her claim is denied and in his words, "poop happens."

Kelly DeBrocky, of Mahopac, N.Y., wants the city to reimburse her for $54 she spent replacing her toddler's ruined shoes and the expenses for parking and aquarium admission on April 5.

:)

I hope she wins, if it is like the city were I live they have laws about dogs and do not enforce them. I believe 98% of dog owners are irresponsible. They think it is the dogs nature and right to bark run loose and poop were ever.

$54 baby shoes?

Plus parking plus aquarium admission for at least 3 (although the kid probably got in free) - I could see $54 being spent on that.

The claim was $100 - I read that last sentence as $54 for shoes plus costs for parking & aquarium admission - which I guess the latter totals $46. IMO, anyone that would spend $54 on baby shoes deserves to be parted with their money.

But where did you get the $100 figure from? Is there another article somewhere?

$54 is a bit much for shoes the baby will grow out of in a week or two, but I think Kor is right - if the city won't enforce it's own laws then it can hardly get mad at citizens who take the city to task over it.

But where did you get the $100 figure from? Is there another article somewhere?

$54 is a bit much for shoes the baby will grow out of in a week or two, but I think Kor is right - if the city won't enforce it's own laws then it can hardly get mad at citizens who take the city to task over it.

Those figure come from the article quoted above.

A New York woman has filed a $100 claim against Norwalk
and
reimburse her for $54 she spent replacing her toddler's ruined shoes and the expenses for parking and aquarium admission on April 5.
Edited by WishfireOmega

I think this woman is lazy and just looking for something for nothing.

She couldn't just clean the kid's shoes instead of throwing them away? that's just being lazy or foolish. Every time you step in something objectionable do you throw away your shoes or just clean them?

As for the city not enforcing it's laws, can the city afford a police officer to follow every dog owner around to write tickets for not cleaning up after it?

I think this woman is lazy and just looking for something for nothing.

She couldn't just clean the kid's shoes instead of throwing them away? that's just being lazy or foolish. Every time you step in something objectionable do you throw away your shoes or just clean them?

As for the city not enforcing it's laws, can the city afford a police officer to follow every dog owner around to write tickets for not cleaning up after it?

Thats easy. O'Malley will just impose a Feces Removal Tax. Its his answer to everything....... :)