Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A l t e r E g o

Are you superstitious?

Are you superstitious?

You're a superstitions cynic!

Superstitions Cynic

You certainly waste no energy on superstition. You won't even entertain the thought that crossing your fingers can really change your luck, or the number 13 contains some kind of curse. Congratulations, you have complete control over your own destiny!

http://uk.tickle.com/test/superstitious.html

We can't see you knocking wood, you're a superstitions cynic!

120x120.jpg

You certainly waste no energy on superstition. You won't even entertain the thought that crossing your fingers can really change your luck, or the number 13 contains some kind of curse. Congratulations, you have complete control over your own destiny!

120x120.jpg

I guess we're all scoring the same on that one..

You certainly waste no energy on superstition. You won't even entertain the thought that crossing your fingers can really change your luck, or the number 13 contains some kind of curse. Congratulations, you have complete control over your own destiny

Stop spitting at magpies, you're turning into a superstitions addict!

Superstitions Addict

It looks as though you might have taken this superstition thing a bit too far! Relax and take some control over your own destiny. Do you really believe that crossing your fingers can change your fate?

You're either spending considerable energy entertaining your superstitions, or they're entertaining you! Have you reached the stage where you carry a piece of wood for emergency knocking? Are you still counting down your bad luck streak from that mirror you dropped a few years ago? If so, perhaps this has gotten a bit OTT. Superstitions are harmless when used in moderation. But seriously- do you actually believe a ladder or a precious black kitten can have that much control over your fate? Superstitions are irrational beliefs that are created to make sense of coincidences or the unknown. When an individual is confused or lacking knowledge on a subject, he or she may turn to superstition for guidance and luck.

Research claims that females tend to be more superstitious than males, and the topics they are concerned with differ as well. Women's superstitions generally relate to issues of relationships and home life, whilst men tend to be more concerned with business and sports. However, even the merest coincidence can set people off onto a new superstition. Now that you know a little more about them, why don't you confront your fears? Turn that horseshoe upside down -- just to see what happens. Take charge of your own destiny!

I got brought up with a lot of it, so itss normal to me. 13 well yeah I am a trisdecophobe, I hate the number, I found out the doctors couldn't do anything for my dad but make him comfortable on Friday the 13th of April last year, no kidding. And te black cat, stuff, well I like itwhen they walk accross my path, but in other cultures if they come to you you are often high on the reincarnation ladder, so yeah. I just like cats though. And as for Ladders, I am afraid if i walk under one that something like a paint pot or window cleaning solution is gonna land on me, there is a rationale. Somewhat.

120x120.jpg

Here's a new result:

You can take or leave them, you're a superstitions tourist!

Well, you certainly don't let superstitions dictate your life! You know that crossing your fingers can't actually change your luck, but you don't dismiss them completely either. You may entertain some superstitions, or even practice them habitually "just-in-case." You may even entertain them just for fun , but, you don't let them get the best of you! It seems that you have better things to worry about than an open umbrella or that mirror you cracked a few years ago! Your answers reveal that you don't believe a cute little cat or a four-leaf clover can change your fate. Good for you! Superstitions, when used in moderation, can be a light-hearted way to play with the concept of luck. But, when you start carrying around a piece of wood in case of emergency knocking, an alarm should definitely sound! Superstitions are irrational beliefs that are created to make sense of coincidences or the unknown. When an individual is confused or lacking knowledge on a subject, they may turn to superstition for guidance and luck.

Research claims that females tend to be more superstitious than males, and the topics they are concerned with differ as well. Women's superstitions generally relate to issues of relationships and home life, whilst men tend to be more concerned with business and sports. However, even the merest coincidence can set people off onto a new superstition. So, continue to have 13 at your dinner table and walk under those ladders. Spend your energy on those things over which you DO have control.

Stop spitting at magpies, you're turning into a superstitions addict!

Superstitions Addict

It looks as though you might have taken this superstition thing a bit too far! Relax and take some control over your own destiny. Do you really believe that crossing your fingers can change your fate?

You're either spending considerable energy entertaining your superstitions, or they're entertaining you! Have you reached the stage where you carry a piece of wood for emergency knocking? Are you still counting down your bad luck streak from that mirror you dropped a few years ago? If so, perhaps this has gotten a bit OTT. Superstitions are harmless when used in moderation. But seriously- do you actually believe a ladder or a precious black kitten can have that much control over your fate? Superstitions are irrational beliefs that are created to make sense of coincidences or the unknown. When an individual is confused or lacking knowledge on a subject, he or she may turn to superstition for guidance and luck.

Research claims that females tend to be more superstitious than males, and the topics they are concerned with differ as well. Women's superstitions generally relate to issues of relationships and home life, whilst men tend to be more concerned with business and sports. However, even the merest coincidence can set people off onto a new superstition. Now that you know a little more about them, why don't you confront your fears? Turn that horseshoe upside down -- just to see what happens. Take charge of your own destiny!