Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mj

I reached my 10% goal today!

I am not sure I have ever posted in this forum before...I'm not a party-goer in general.

But about 7 months ago I joined Weight Watchers because of being overweight and my diabetes being out of control. Weight watchers is just one approach to losing weight that has worked for some and is working for me. It seeks to help people make lifestyle changes that will help them lose weight and maintain healthy eating and exercise habits. One is initially given a weight-loss goal of 10%. I reached that 10 % goal today at my weigh -in!

More importantly, my A1C test was 6.3 ( an average blood sugar measurement) when I saw my doctor recently, which is very good. He also took me off one of my blood pressure medications!

I hope others who are in the same boat I am in know that they can improve and take control of their situation. But today I am just happy about my news for me, and I have a new goal at Weight watchers, and long term goal of being able to manage my diabetes with diet and exercise!

Diets and perceptions of diets - even by the dieters themselves - are funny things. People generally agree now that the Atkins diet was a passing fad that didn't work. However, I know two people who tried it and they both lost weight, kept it off, and stayed healthy. One of them was a vegan before starting the diet. The other one can bench 500 lbs now.

Jenny Craig is another strange one. I know two people who tried it. They never lost a single pound or dress size. One of them even gained weight on it. And yet they swear it is working.