Sign in to follow this  
xenexian

just a bit more intro

Just thought I would expand a bit. I'm in my forties and have been a star trek fan and technology buff since TOS premier in 1966. Because of Star Trek, my career path has always centered around technology and has taken me from Wisconsin to Georgia and places inbetween. I'm presently now living in Virginia continuing my career as an audio producer and driving my fellow engineers crazy with all the trek techno-babble I inject into my everyday life. I'm not a nerd but being an audio engineer has allowed my to create quite a few custom sfx and computer responses to my personal life just to make things more interesting. My friends and family have put up with it since I'm relatively harmless and it allows me to stand out among my childrens friends, not that I have enough problems with half of their high school friends wanting me to record and produce their garage band music. I'm a big fan of the Klingon culture and have begun to attempt to learn the language and make-up techniques to become one during halloween. On the human side, I play banjo, swim a mile a day, (okay, every other day or so now) can still play a mean game of basketball and because of my Wisconsin roots, am a rabid Green Bay Packer fan during football season, or any season for that matter. As mentioned, I look forward to more rational postings here but will still always check all boards for some sign of intelligent life. Qapla

Guest Guest

Welcome Xenexian! :bow: I too am from Wisconsin originally. I grew up in Madison. I'm also in my forties...47 to be exact. I too have always been a technology buff...especially computers. I also have been watching Trek since the premier in 1966. Seems like we have alot in common!! Most of all STAR TREK! :) However, I can't say I'm a rabid Packers fan as I now live in Texas and my loyalties have changed. I like the Pac but don't follow them closely. My teams are Dallas, the Pats, and the 49ers! I'm also new here but have really enjoyed the board. It has a much better fan friendly atmosphere which doesn't exist over at startrek.com. Hope you enjoy!! :)

Ktrek

Guest Ktrek

This board doesn't like me sometimes! :bow: It shows me logged in and then I post as a guest! Oh well!! The above is from me!

Ktrek

Welcome. I am another 40's plus ST fan also, 48 to be exact. I go back to the days of TOS. Fortunately for me, many of my co-workers are ST fans also.

Sign in to follow this