Sign in to follow this  

i only seen about 3 TOS episodes

but i think TNG and DS9 and voyager are better. but i loved that gorn episode.

whats the best TOS?

Edited by DATA2007

probably City on the Edge of Forever would be considered a must see. Also, Space Seed is an interesting episode just for the fact that it is the prequel to The Wrath of Khan

You really can't compare the two (in my opinion) there is too much of a time gap (both in reality and star trek time) between the two. I liked 'Mirror, Mirror', 'Trouble with tribbles' and 'The Ultimate Computer' (my favorite part was when the Redshirt was zapped, that was hilarious.)

All good suggestions above. I would add "Amok Time" - with the first look at Vulcan and other Vulcans, "Journey to Babel" - meet Spock's parents!, "Balance of Terror" - meet the Romulans, and for fun "A Piece of the Action" - Kirk encounters a gangster based planet - prime directives can be important!

I would suggest viewing "Journey to Babel". There is a lot of suspense,action and intrigue in this 2nd season ep, plus this ep offers the viewer a chance to see just how diverse the Star Trek universe really is. If you have the time, "Balance of Terror' is a sweet hat tip to the classic submarine film "Run Silent, Run Deep". Both eps are great imo, and I always recommend them to folks that are newcomers to TOS.

...oh, and before i forget check out "Wolf in the Fold". It's a great ep that features Scotty being framed for multiple murders. I won't give away the ending, but you won't believe who the murderer really is!!!

"The Doomsday Machine" has always been my favorite episode.

One of my favs as well that one :tribble:

I would say start at the begining and watch them in order,but if you want to just watch 1 then i would say watch my fav Balance of terror :dude:

The original series is a total classic. Without it nothing else would have come after it, I question whether Star Wars would have even been made without TOS having existed.

That said, it's hard to compare TV series that are almost 30 years apart in time. If you were able to look back at TOS through eyes that had never seen man walk on the moon (or had just been born when man walked on the moon) and through eyes that grew up with no internet and only 4 or 5 TV channels I'd be willing to bet you'd see TOS a little differently.

I'd stand the entire first 2 seasons up against any of the first 2 seasons of any of the other series, of all 5 shows TOS had the most solid first 2 seasons of any of them. Season 3 became a little shaky because of the time slot movements and Gene leaving day to day operations but even in that 3rd season there's some great Trek.

Take "Specter of the Gun", excellent episode.