Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Star Trek;Starfleet Command 3

Stardate:213644.1

I just got Starfleet Command 3 today and i think its a cool game.I like the different classes of ships and i like the story line.I dont like the graphics and i dont like the controls or the handling.

Those of you that have this game what are your thoughts?

Well, I've got the game, too.

And what I really don't like is, as you already mentioned, the controls of the handling. I use to get crazy when I try to control a Federation ship, it always gets where it should not get :dude:

What I like a lot about it is that you can start it as a Borg. Well okay you cannot play a Borg story but it is possible to get borg ships and invade Federation space and destroy ships, starbases and freighter convois... I really like that. I am always Borg in this game and use to destroy or assimilate Federation star ships :lol:

I've got a big Borg cube (it was very expensive) so that I can destroy starbases as well. It makes fun B) :)

So I think SFC 3 is a good game, but it has some weak points (in my opinion).

Mrs. Captain Picard

I was just wondering if its true that you can play as the romulans in romulan warbird.

:assimilated:

It's true, you can also download a mission that involves the Scimitar.

I just got the game too and although I do agree with everyone on the control handling side of the game I think it was a vast improvement from SFC I and II. Has anyone done the multiplayer campaign? What's that like?

Where can I find it for under $40.00??

I got mine 19.99 at Best Buy. Shouldn't be that expensive now. Also anywhere on the internet. Usually cheaper then your local area retail and most of the time tax free.

Stardate:213655.9

Well i saw it at Wal-Mart for $30.00 but i downloaded it instead for free(long live Kazaa!!!)

Where can I find it for under $40.00??

I got mine 19.99 at Best Buy. Shouldn't be that expensive now. Also anywhere on the internet. Usually cheaper then your local area retail and most of the time tax free.

Thanks for the info. :assimilated:

I like the story and the possibility of being many different races (romulans, borg, federation etc.)

However the handling sucks, and it's just too slow, to turn a federation ship takes half an hour.

I like the story and the possibility of being many different races (romulans, borg, federation etc.)

However the handling sucks, and it's just too slow, to turn a federation ship takes half an hour.

I think I've developed a way to turn a little better with Federation ships. When you're going full speed and make a turn try slowing down your spped and you'll close your turn a little better. I also tried doing the opposite; start slow, turn and then increase speed. It's kind of like driving a; car slowing down for a turn or starting slow to make a faster turn. It works for me, try it and see if I'm right or just drunk. Also increasing the game speed to 11 helps too.

I just bought the game today and after a few problems got it sorted and just started to play it. I haven't really got into it yet but i will when i start playing propely.

:laugh:

i had it, and then returned it when it didnt work on my old PC, but now i got a new PC....damn the future!

umm, its a challenging game to master, the controls are difficult....but once you get used to it...its a wiked game:

the controls are different to every other game, also i recommend the tutorials first! otherwise you'll get beaten up pretty bad by the Borg!

I don't mess around with the non story based part of the game because the controls are two hard for me to master. But I have defeated the story based part of the game in three days.