Sign in to follow this  
oldfan1

The "NEW" Bionic Woman

Last night I taped and watched the new version of the Bionic Woman and was not that impressed. The new bionic woman doesn't ring true, the original Jamie Simmers would never have threatened to kill people.

The new version of Rudy Wells called Will Anthros did the operation just to save his girlfriend not to do his job for the government. He just ignores everything in order to get what he wants.

Where is Oscar Goldman? The guy replacing him is just a pure butt covering bureaucrat, just seems to care about C.Y.A. (cover your a$$)and not the people around him.

In updating the story for what I guess they see as modern taste and sensibilities the show has lost one of the things that made the original great, heart. While Jamie taking care of her sister is a selfless act, she otherwise seems cold.

Definitely not as good as the original series in my opinion, let's hear your thoughts.

Man, so many remakes lately makes me think there's no originality left in Hollywood these days. I feel the same as Alterego.

I watched it and actually liked it. While it has absolutely nothing in common with the original series except for the name Jamie Summers, I felt it was pretty cool. I'll watch it for awhile to see where it goes.

Katee Sackhoff looked like a girl (mostly) compared to BSG.

I didn't care for it - it really had nothing to do with the Bionic Woman - I don't know why they didn't call it something else. But I didn't care for it.

Katee Sackhoff looked like a girl (mostly) compared to BSG.

I didn't care for it - it really had nothing to do with the Bionic Woman - I don't know why they didn't call it something else. But I didn't care for it.

Well, Battlestar Galactica had very little to do with the original series either. I also noticed the strange choice of music used in "Bionic Woman" also. Her sister is listening to "Personality Crises" by The New York Dolls. I know of no teen who would even know who this band is...lol.

I didn't "not like" the Bionic Woman because it wasn't like the original. I didn't like it because I didn't like it on its own merits just like I didn't like the new BSG although I really tried to like it.

Mostly I didn't like the main character - something just didn't strike me about her and if you don't hit a chord with the main character - it's hard to like a show.

I watched it and enjoyed it for the most part. I didn't like the confrontational aspect of the government vs. Jamie Summers. To have the Oscar Goldman character (I'm not sure if that's the characters name or not) threaten to kill Jamie if she doesn't work for the government was a poor plot point I feel.

All in all I think it will be a decent series.

I just watched the 2nd episode of this show and I still like it. Apparently Jamie Summers will be working for a Homeland Security type of agency. Last night, terrorists wiped out an entire town using an airborne pathogen. I also like the idea of a rogue Bionic Woman, that being the woman who played the cylon on BG.The only thing they got wrong last night is when they were riding in the classic muscle car, Jamie says its a 1972 GTO. It wasn't. It was a 1970 GTO Judge. I should know. I used to own one ages ago..... :)

I just watched the 2nd episode of this show and I still like it. Apparently Jamie Summers will be working for a Homeland Security type of agency. Last night, terrorists wiped out an entire town using an airborne pathogen. I also like the idea of a rogue Bionic Woman, that being the woman who played the cylon on BG.The only thing they got wrong last night is when they were riding in the classic muscle car, Jamie says its a 1972 GTO. It wasn't. It was a 1970 GTO Judge. I should know. I used to own one ages ago..... :)

Maybe Jamie got confused because she thought they used some parts from the 1972 GTO in her bionic makeover. :lol:

Edited by trekz

This show seems to garnering the same kind of reaction that Battlestar:Galactica did. People either love it or hate it. I'm on the other side of the fence for this show. I didn't like BG but so far I like Bionic Woman a lot!

This show seems to garnering the same kind of reaction that Battlestar:Galactica did. People either love it or hate it. I'm on the other side of the fence for this show. I didn't like BG but so far I like Bionic Woman a lot!

I don't hate this show I never said I did. I even tried to watch it - but I find it boring - unlike BSG which I actively disliked.

I still think it has a lot to do with how we feel about the main character. If we develop a connection with them we'll like the show better. Maybe this will be a show that will be more popular with men than women - if men find Jamie attractive - although I read that ratings fell for the second ep.

I've only seen the first ep. so far but was intrigued.

Got to admit I was a HUGE fan of the original, so this one would really have to stink to keep me away.

I read they had to change the names of the supporting cast (Oscar, Rudy) for some legal reasons: "Since the rights to The Six Million Dollar Man and Cyborg are held by other parties, the characters of Oscar Goldman and Dr. Rudy Wells from the original franchise have been replaced by new creations."

As for BG, I didn't like it in the beginning, but watched a special where they 'caught you up' to what had gone on before. Once I got what it was about I started to enjoy it.

Edited by athena28

I've only seen the first ep. so far but was intrigued.

Got to admit I was a HUGE fan of the original, so this one would really have to stink to keep me away.

I read they had to change the names of the supporting cast (Oscar, Rudy) for some legal reasons: "Since the rights to The Six Million Dollar Man and Cyborg are held by other parties, the characters of Oscar Goldman and Dr. Rudy Wells from the original franchise have been replaced by new creations."

As for BG, I didn't like it in the beginning, but watched a special where they 'caught you up' to what had gone on before. Once I got what it was about I started to enjoy it.

Didn't know that about the legal things regarding this show. If they don't have the rights then I wonder why they can use "The Bionic Woman" as the name of the series? From what I can tell, the name of the series and the name Jamie Summers seem to be the only thing this series has in common with the original.

I also like the idea of a rogue Bionic Woman, that being the woman who played the cylon on BG.

Katee Sackhoff played Starbuck, not a Cylon.

Didn't know that about the legal things regarding this show. If they don't have the rights then I wonder why they can use "The Bionic Woman" as the name of the series? From what I can tell, the name of the series and the name Jamie Summers seem to be the only thing this series has in common with the original.

The Bionic Woman and the Six Million Dollar Man were two separate series so it's possible for different entities to hold the rights to them.

I also like the idea of a rogue Bionic Woman, that being the woman who played the cylon on BG.

Yeah....I figured that out later. Shows you how much I watched BG...... :)

Another decent episode last week. Jamie finds out that her bosses didn't mention the fact that her bionics will probably kill her within 5 years. Hopefully, their work with the bionic Starbuck will lead to a cure.

Pretty good episode this week. I'm a little surprised that they have already killed off a regular character.

Haven't watched it yet, but I hope it's better.

Like I said before, I was the biggest fan of the orig. but am having trouble sticking w/this one. The ratings aren't great and if there was no writer's strike, I wonder how long it would last?

Not necessarily. Remember, there is still one humanoid Cylon we don't know about yet.

True enough. However, at this point, I believe my original statement stands.