Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldfan1

New Member, Old Fan returning to fandom

Thought it might be a good time to re-enter fandom and I guess this would be a good place to start and introduce myself. I am a fan from Baltimore MD that dropped out of fandom several long years ago because of some rather serious personal problems and lot of them have been resolved. YAY!!!

Well where do I begin? I watched Star Trek When it was first aired (no wise cracks about my age, I do enough of my own) Watched all of the Irwin Allen series too. I was a member of RAST- The Randallstown Association Of Star Trek (long defunct), Vast- The Virginia Association of Star Trek (also long defunct), Past member B.S.F.S. - Baltimore Science Fiction Society, past member of WSFA- Washington Science Fiction Society.

I am one of the founders of STAT- The Star Trek Association Of Towson, Shore Leave 1 convention Chairman and convention department committee head, Assistant committee department head of Philcon, committee member of Disclave (now Capclave), assistant committee head of the Constellation World Con and spent a few years working with a con dealer travelling the east coast . I guess all of this is why I burned out on fandom and eventually had a nervous breakdown.Of course I also burned out on life.

I thought that something like this might be a good way to ease back into fandom slowly. I am not bragging about my past in fadom just letting you know what it is and hoping that maybe I'll run into an old acquaintance or 2 at the same time.

Let me be the first to welcome a fellow Baltimore fan to the forum! I'm also from Baltimore and have watched Trek from the beginning. I'm pretty familiar with most of the organizations you have belonged to here, especially STAT since they put on Shore Leave. I wouldn't be surprised if we had met at some point. I think you'll find our little forum to be entertaining. We also have a weekly scheduled chat on Saturday nights at 6:00 pm in the chat room here. Please feel free to attend!.. :roflmao:

Oh.....and welcome to the "Older Than Dirt" club. We are well represented here so don't feel bad.... :roflmao:

Consider yourself assimilated.

Cool when do I get my eyepiece?

Welcome to the board, welcome back to fandom, and welcome to the "Older Than Dirt Club" (of which I'm also a member)! :laugh: Like you, I started watching Star Trek when TOS first aired "way back when".

I'm sure you'll have a good time here. :elephant:

I got an old pair of bi-focals that you can have............. :laugh:

No thanks got a brand new pair of my own :borg: still getting used to them :elephant: