Sign in to follow this  
Tal

Which show/season

I was just wondering which show and season it was when the enterprise encounters a probe which scans picard and within 25mins he lives an enire life and learns howto play that flute thing? Thanks for any help

:lol:

If you buy season 5 DVDs I strongly recommend watching the mission logs... there is something being done which is sooooooooo funny :) :dude: :lol:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Patrick Stewart really did an excellent job in this episode. He is an excellent actor anyway, but I believe one of the true tests of a truly great actor is when he has to age so drastically in a role. I think this episode and Chain of Command are the two episodes that really showcase Patrick Stewart's acting ability.

And that whole flute thing. The way it was integrated into Picard's personality and shows up in so many other episodes. That's just brilliant.

Patrick Stewart really did an excellent job in this episode.  He is an excellent actor anyway, but I believe one of  the true tests of a truly great actor is when he has to age so drastically in a role.  I think this episode and  Chain of Command are the two episodes that really showcase Patrick Stewart's acting ability.

And that whole flute thing.  The way it was integrated into Picard's personality and shows up in so many other episodes.  That's just brilliant.

I agree, I was glad to see the flute show up in following episodes. It showed fluidity in the character and that the events of one episode do carry into the characters "profile".

"The Inner Light" is an episode that touched me deeply when I saw it for the first time. It really got me sitting in my chair and thinking a whole hour about what I had just seen.

I also enjoyed the appearance of Patrick's son Daniel, it makes the episode really special.

The greatest moment (in my opinion) is, when Jean-Luc awakes on the bridge and looks into the faces of his long forgotten friends/officers from the Enterprise.... God, this is sooooo touching... :laugh:

I also love the flute play. I bought the TNG soundtrack because it has this song on it. It is fantastic, everytime I hear it I remember the episode and then I start to think of it again and again :laugh: .

Mrs. Captain Picard

I love the very end when he is by himself in his quarters and he starts playing the flute. You can see in his eyes how much it meant to him, how much that life meant to him, and how truly difficult it was going to be to re-integrate into his life aboard the Enterprise. Excellent job, Patrick Stewart. I have great admiration for his acting abilities.

very good episode, though not as good as Chain Of Command, personaly, i think it was the better character developer.....

very good episode, though not as good as Chain Of Command, personaly, i think it was the better character developer.....

Chain of Command was a great episode. I think Patrick Stewart should have gotten some kind of award for his performance in that episode.

Chain of Command was a great episode. I think Patrick Stewart should have gotten some kind of award for his performance in that episode.

I agree it was a really good episode, but for some reason I never feel like watching it. It's one of those episodes that I really liked but not as a "repeat episode".

Maybe because it had a 'darker' theme. I thought this episode was totally different from any other episode of TNG. In some ways, it's not an easy episode to watch as it puts the hero in some very uncomfortable spots, but the acting by Patrick Stewart was excellent.