Sign in to follow this  
Gummy

Does It matter to you if

Does it change your mind about seeing it?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. If Kirk's not in it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

If the Studio is unable to reach an agreement with William Shatner to make a cameo with Leonard Nimoy to appear as Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock in the upcoming Star Trek Movie, will this affect your decision whether or not you will see the movie when it opens on Christmas Day, 2008?

Please vote and discuss.

For the record, I voted that I will see it regardless if Kirk is in it.

But Kirk being in it is the right thing to do (IMO).

Edited by Gummy

I just remember what a killjoy Shatner was when they did the DS9 ep where they should clips of the Trouble with Tribbles. Rather than applauding the creativity of the franchise he complained they didn't reimburse him for the use of his image. So Shatner's presence would probably discourage me from seeing it

I see every Trek movie in the theater regardless of the circumstances. I know that the character of Kirk is in it. I hope that Shatner and Nimoy will be able to get in a cameo because in all likelyhood it will be their last appearance in a Trek movie. But if they don't, it certainly wouldn't discourage me from seeing the movie.

For the record, I voted that I will see it regardless if Kirk is in it.

But Kirk being in it is the right thing to do (IMO).

i would see it if he is going to be in it. but shantner just sounds like he's whining like a little baby who thinks the spotlight should be on him.

I voted "no". I'll see it no matter who's in it - or who isn't in it. To me, it's all about the young Kirk and Spock, which is why I'm anxious to see it. :laugh:

I voted "no". I'll see it no matter who's in it - or who isn't in it. To me, it's all about the young Kirk and Spock, which is why I'm anxious to see it. :laugh:

Whether Shatner and Nimoy are in it or not, I'm still going to be in line on Christmas Day, 2008 to see it.

First show, I don't care if it's snowing like mad that day. I'm THERE!!!! :laugh:

I voted that I will see it regardless if WS and LN are in it but to be honest i would love to see Shatner in it just one more time would be very cool indeed :yahoo:

I was just talking about this with my dad last night.

What they should do is bring back the original actors - those still alive anyway - in their original roles and do a "20 years later" type thing incorporating aspects of the actors' real lives. You know, they could show Shatner/Kirk trying to negotiate airfares or hotel stays, give Sulu strange looks when he talks about being the only one with a "family", etc.

Captain Kirk is in the new film, just not played by Shatner.

Either way it wouldn't matter to me though unless, (and this is going to sound rather purist of me) they cave into fan pressure to include the Shat even though the story has no place for him.

I mean, if the story begins after Kirks death, or has any parts in which he is currently too old to play then he doesn't belong there.

Nimoy fans survived with him not being in GEN, Shat fans will survive him not being in XI. I'm sure just as Kirk spoke fondly of Spock in GEN so will Spock speak of Kirk in XI, the circle will be completed.

I won't go and see the movie, no matter if Shatner as Kirk is in it or not. I don't want to see younger actors playing Kirk, Spock, Chekov and all the others. *shrug*

I won't go and see the movie, no matter if Shatner as Kirk is in it or not. I don't want to see younger actors playing Kirk, Spock, Chekov and all the others. *shrug*

Don't judge it too harshly yet. I watch the stuff that the NewVoyages group puts out. Once you get into the episode, the fact that other actors are playing Kirk, Spock, etc. really becomes secondary if its a good flick.

I'm just not interested... I don't need to see a young Kirk or a young Spock... I'm not "Trekkie enough", I guess... I simply don't care about the new movie. :yahoo:

Has anyone considered that WS could play Kirks father??..hmmmm

Bottom line is no matter who is in the new ST film the main thing is that its a watchable film :yahoo:

Bottom line is no matter who is in the new ST film the main thing is that its a watchable film :yahoo:

I agree completely and thats a good idea for The Shat!

Sounds crazy but after reading some of the stuff I have about Shatner being less than a stellar person, I think I would boycott if he was in it. I don't like watching aging lothario's who treat people poorly.l I think the decision to leave him out of the film was a constientious idea to prevent him getting at the younger Kirk, and possibly preventing soe major friction. He is not always a professional type of guy. HE may not appreciate the idea that his role as the ever bounding energetic young captain is being supplanted by some one who actually fulfills the categories and isn't just a shadow or shell of the character he once protrayed. IMHO.

It certainly seems to matter to William Shatner that he isn't in the forthcoming movie, judging by his remarks in Las Vegas on Sunday. While he was obviously trying to be entertaining and "funny," he quite obviously is irked that Nimoy is in the movie and that he "Captain Kirk" is not. At last year's convention, Shatner went on and on that he had talked to J. J. Abrams and that he felt "good things" were going to happen with the new movie. Now it does sound like sour grapes to some extent. While some of his schtick was to needle his friend Leonard Nomoy, he went on about it long enough to reveal, imo, that it does bother him that he thusfar is not in the movie. I suspect he is trying to get fans to pressure the producers to put him in the film. And because I care about having a tight film with a strong storyline that flows and makes sense (and reinvigorates the franchise), I'd leave Shatner out unless it contributes to the story.

I agree completely and thats a good idea for The Shat!

:) Thanks Kor i thought it was a pretty good idea myself.

Reading some of these posts gives me the idea that some people are totaly against WS being in the new film :)

"I Digitally added the whales into TVH....what ever i do what i want!!" :)

Edited by hangon

I suspect he is trying to get fans to pressure the producers to put him in the film.

I think you hit the nail right on the head Trekz!

I really dont care as long as its a good film .

:) Thanks Kor i thought it was a pretty good idea myself.

Dont encourage him please me and mandy have to live with him. :)

"I Digitally added the whales into TVH....what ever i do what i want!!" :)

If i see anymore of those digitaly added sayings here or on my computer your gonna get it :yahoo: