Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Father sues driver of stalled car.....

Some of you may feel differently...

but the father of Josh Hancock is suing just about anyone he can think of for his son's death - the son was driving drunk, talking on a cell phone, speeding and not wearing a seat belt - but it's the fault of the poor driver who stalled after being cut off by another driver not the irresponsible son.

sports illustrated

I think that the father is suing the restaurant that was serving Josh the night he was killed. That's what the story on Yahoo! MLB is reporting.

Yes the restaurant owner is one defendant, as is his daughter the restaurant manager, as is the tow truck driver who stopped to help the motorist in distress, as is the tow truck company and as is the driver of the stalled vehicle. And they plan to add more defendants when they can dig some more up.

People can't control being cut off on the freeway but they sure as heck can control walking into a bar. I just can't believe this man is trying to blame everyone except the person who is truly at fault.

I wouldn't be surprised if he (the father) did this simply to prevent others from suing him, first.

Doesn't make him less of a jerk, though.

These lawsuits are going nowhere. This poor guy is just in denial about his son and is acting irrationally.

Interesting. I became a Cardinals fan in the 1960's when Mike Shannon was playing. It was Mike Shannon's restaurant where Josh Hancock was served drinks and it's Mike Shannon's daughter who is also being sued. If the facts in the story are accurate, imo Hancock was doing lots of things wrong in the inciddent and he is the guilty party. I feel sorry for his family, but Josh was the one DRINKING, ON HIS CELL PHONE, with marijuana in the car, and SPEEDING. Sure seems like the blame should go squarely on him imo.