Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Nefertiti

I saw it! It was awesome....all of us were here at my house watching it...me, EmilSoong(and her husband) and wookieofborg. I loved the special...heck I really like Egyptian studies(my sister still has plans to be an Egyptologist-she's the largest fan of anything Egyptian...even has a copy of the Book of the Dead!). And the facial reconstruction?? OMG! I love it when they show either the old clay process or the updated computer models...that would be an awesome job!

Nefertiti was one of the greatest women that ruled Egypt! And, she's the step mother of the "boy King". :-) The next greatest were Hapshetsut and Cleopatra! Although, the part that they didn't get into on that show was the fact that all of the treasures meant for Akenaten's tomb were stolen, and were put into Tutankhamen's tomb (The boy kings thrown name is Nebkheprura, by the way.)If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm an Egypt freak, and have been studying it since about Kindergarten when I fell in love with the subject. I wish to be an Egyptologist, but have no money to go to school for it. If I was one, I would want to study under Dr. Zahi Hawass himself! :-) :)

Nefertiti was one of the greatest women that ruled Egypt! And, she's the step mother of  the "boy King". :-) The next greatest were Hapshetsut and Cleopatra! Although, the part that they didn't get into on that show was the fact that all of the treasures meant for Akenaten's tomb were stolen, and were put into Tutankhamen's tomb (The boy kings thrown name is Nebkheprura, by the way.)If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm an Egypt freak, and have been studying it since about Kindergarten when I fell in love with the subject. I wish to be an Egyptologist, but have no money to go to school for it. If I was one, I would want to study under Dr. Zahi Hawass himself! :-) :)

Hatshepsut! yeah she was really cool, that is of course why I did my humanities research paper on her... Thanks little sis for loaning me those books back then.. :)

Very interesting show.

As far as the computer generated picture is concerned though, I'd be interested to see how accurate it is. For instance, I'd like to have an exray of my skull done. Give the x-ray to those experts (who would have no idea who I am) and give them only basic information about me. I'm male between 25 and 35 and that's about it. Let them then make a computer generated picture of me and see how close it comes to reality. They would have to make different variations of course because they wouldn't know race, eye color, hair color or hair style but at least one variation should come close if the method is valid.

Very interesting show.

As far as the computer generated picture is concerned though, I'd be interested to see how accurate it is. For instance, I'd like to have an exray of my skull done. Give the x-ray to those experts (who would have no idea who I am) and give them only basic information about me. I'm male between 25 and 35 and that's about it. Let them then make a computer generated picture of me and see how close it comes to reality. They would have to make different variations of course because they wouldn't know race, eye color, hair color or hair style but at least one variation should come close if the method is valid.

I would like to think the process is fairly accurate. I agree it would be awesome to have someone xray my skull and see what the experts come up with. especially since there is something that runs through some members of my family(the ones I know of, me, my mom and my grandmother) we all have one primary molar(baby tooth) that never will come out unless it has to get pulled or falls out due to accident. That would throw them a bit off, I think in trying to place my age range, plus I am rather small...oftemn mistaken for a pre-teen or teen.

It was a wonderful show! If it plays again I want to tape it. I've seen them do computer generated pictures for murder victems and such on other shows with little or no information on the person and it's amazing how acurate they are.