Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Pizza is evil I tell you - evil, evil

Read cnn for the whole story

Here's the gist of it.

Since 1985, that's been the gist of Pizza Hut's Book It, an incentive program used by 50,000 schools nationwide to reward young readers with free pizzas. The program is now under attack by child-development experts who say it promotes bad eating habits and turns teachers into corporate promoters.

Isn't it just awful that somebody gives kids free pizza as a reward for working hard. What a horrible lesson to teach children - the mere idea that setting goals and achieving them should receive an award. After all - work is evil - just like pizza. Although for restaurant food - pizza isn't so bad - it could be much worse - but shame on me - pizza is evil - families should never go out and eat - they should stay home and eat only broccoli, tofu and carrot sticks.

(and if it possibly escaped anyone - yes, I'm being sarcastic)

Pizza is like sex. Even when it is bad... it's still pretty good. :wow:

Maybe you should ask a few women you've been with Van Roy, they may have a different outlook on bad sex :yahoo:

Sorry, I couldn't resist

Edited by MrPsychic

I like Pizza and I dont think it's evil- Pizza is made with lots of Healthy ingredients (The European Pizzas are pretty good to)but not as tasty and delicious as the Pizza Hut Pan Pizza style (my Favorite is the Pan Pizza "Supreme").

Pizza can be healthy if you don't throw a bunch of (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't) on it or eat 8 slices in a single sitting.

As for Pizza Hut, the pizza is so-so, but I support their idea to encourage more kids to read.

We used this pizza program at my elementary school, and it worked. I hated reading, but man, I would read so much to get one of those pizzas. Granted they were only the small personal sized pizzas and you could only choose between cheese or pepperoni, but it was worth it. One time we made a fieldtrip out of the whole thing and ate them there, but most of the time they were delivered to the school. I don't really remember the details of the program, but I want to say you had to read ten books to get a pizza. But there was always a scandal involved....so many kinds would lie about how many books they had read, and I can remember being one of them a few times.

Pizza is one of my favorites, but with a constant fight against my weight I now eat extra thin crust and vegetables :P

Call me crazy, but maybe you shouldn't eat pizza when you're trying to lose weight. I know I've cut it out of my diet.

Edited by MrPsychic

There was a great line in an episode of "Desperate Housewives" a few weeks ago. One of the main characters had opened up a pizza parlor. He wanted to give discount coupons to the character played by Nicolette Sheridan. She refused by explaining "Why Tom.....you've checked out my a.ss enough times to know that I don't eat pizza"....... :P