Sign in to follow this  

Yes, Daniel definitely makes geek look good. I cried when he ascended by the way and I am so glad he is back.

Indy, I have to agree Stargate has great character development but it isn't just better than ENT it is better than just about any show I've ever seen.

I also like episodes like last night (underneath?)

Click for Spoiler:

where they captured in a mining colony with new memories stamped in. Anyway they didn't mess with the prime directive or anthing. They just said - you guys are being abused here - come on we'll give you a better life.

Yes, TUH, I agree with everything you said. It was very emotional when Daniel ascended. And the scene between Daniel and Jack was very touching.

Click for Spoiler:

Last night's episode was one that I had never seen all the way through, and I had the same thought about the Prime Directive. These guys just saw an injustice and set out to right it. I enjoyed that.

When is this supposed to be happening?

Stargate - 1996 (released in 1994, but SG-1 implies it happened in '96)

Stargate SG-1 - Season 1 - 1997-98

Stargate SG-1 - Season 2 - 1998-99

Stargate SG-1 - Season 3 - 1999-00

Stargate SG-1 - Season 4 - 2000-01

Stargate SG-1 - Season 5 - 2001-02

Stargate SG-1 - Season 6 - 2002-03

Stargate SG-1 - Season 7 - 2003-04

How does the Stargate apperture connect with space?

It doesn't. It creates an aritifical wormhole to another Stargate on another planet. The Stargate must be on a planet or in orbit in order to function. It uses star constellations to lock onto other Stargates.

Who is the guy with the circle on his forehead.

I believe you are referring to Apophis, one of the Goa'uld system lords who has borrowed ancient Egyptian religion to enslave transplanted Humans. I just realised you're talking about one of the series regulars - Teal'c. The symbol on his forehead is that of Apophis. In the premiere episode, Teal'c defects and joins SG-1 to fight the Goa'uld AKA "false gods".

Are his people from another place, not Earth?

His species originated on another planet, but the people he enslaves are originally from Earth. They're transplanted Humans, and he's not the only Goa'uld who does this. In fact, he's just one of many.

What's going on concerning the Simbiot?

The Goa'uld take Humans as hosts, forcibly. The Tok'ra, rebel Goa'uld, only take willing hosts.

Does that have anything to do with the woman who died and was burned?

Who? :frusty:

Who is behind this whole wormhole thing?  The U.S. Government?

The Ancients built the Stargates, but the U.S. Air Force runs a base called Stargate Command which houses Earth's Stargate.

I hope we can have an exchange of information in this thread, without insults. Friends? :picard-sith:

Sure! :force:

Sam, you might want to think about it before you spend money on the season six DVD. I don't know how you feel about it, but Daniel's only in 3 eps the whole season.

For me, I've tried really hard to like Jonas, but the show's just not the same without Daniel, so I've given up on taping season six. Been watching it tho, on Sunday nights, reaalllly late. I thought I was going to get to see Changling then they started over from the begining of the season again.

Frak.

I do have a spoiler for season 8 if anyone's interested. I don't remember where I got it, maybe at Stargate SG1 Solutions. Anyway:

Click for Spoiler:

It looks like Jack is gonna be promoted to General and put in charge of the SGC. SG1 is going to become a 3-person team. However, they plan on writing some stories where Jack still has to go thru the gate with SG1. The article I read said that they are doing this to accomidate Rick's shortened shooting schedule.

I watched it the other night, of course I changed the channel after awhile as I realized the news was on, anyways. I still think MacGyver err, Richard Dean Anderson should've kept his sexy mullet. It would do wonders for the show!

Sam, you might want to think about it before you spend money on the season six DVD.  I don't know how you feel about it, but Daniel's only in 3 eps the whole season. 

For me, I've tried really hard to like Jonas, but the show's just not the same without Daniel, so I've given up on taping season six.  Been watching it tho, on Sunday nights, reaalllly late.  I thought I was going to get to see Changling then they started over from the begining of the season again.

Frak. 

I do have a spoiler for season 8 if anyone's interested.  I don't remember where I got it, maybe at Stargate SG1 Solutions.  Anyway:

Click for Spoiler:

It looks like Jack is gonna be promoted to General and put in charge of the SGC.  SG1 is going to become a 3-person team.  However, they plan on writing some stories where Jack still has to go thru the gate with SG1.  The article I read said that they are doing this to accomidate Rick's shortened shooting schedule.

Yeah, I Saw The Last Half Of Season 6 When It First Aired. :wow:

Then I Caught Some Of The First Half In Syndication.

I Like Season 6. Has Some Cool Episodes. The Season Finale Was Awsome.

I enjoyed season six (I have enjoyed every season) although I did not think that Jonas Quinn was put to very much use. I am half way through season seven now and am glad that Daniel is back. Season seven is just wow, I think Stargate just gets better and better. :wow:

Edit: I still can't spell

Edited by Delta

It's been down for a few days now. Trekpulse is down, too. I'm hoping they'll both be back soon.

Hehe, I May Check That Out.

Now....The Reason I Came Here...I Have Idea For A Stargate "Build & Destroy" Game (Ya Know, Collect Recources, Build A Base & An Army..And Either Destroy Your Enemy Or Be Destroyed Yourself :drool: )

Anyway...I Have Story Worked Out...But I Do Have Some Teams Picked Out.

The SGC

The Tok'Ra

The Jaffa Rebels

Anubis' Forces

Various System Lords & Minor Goa'uld(Even The Dead Ones, Just For Fun In Skirmish Mode ^_^ )

The Asgard

The Tollan

What Do Ya Think? :clap:

The new season starts July 9th on the Sci-fi channel. You can read about it here, but it contains spoilers. Atlantis begins July 16th.

Atlantis begins July 16th.

On My Birthday, lol :blush:

Wow, a double celebration!! :lol:

Atlantis doesn't sound very interesting.

Oh, hey Sammy! I ordered Season 5 on dvd today. Should get it next week.

Meh, SG-1 Didn't Seem That Interesting To Me At First :blush:

And Cool On Getting Season 5...It Was Quite Interesting