Sign in to follow this  

OK, I recently noticed that the banners at the top of all the pages overlap the links that used to be there, making them impossible to see. At first I thought there was an update that wasn't meshing right but now I think it is related to IE7 since another person using IE7 (Odie) mentioned it.

Is there a way to shrink the banners so those using IE7 can view the links?

I also believe it is related to IE7. I just updated to IE7 yesterday and that's when I noticed it happening. I was chatting with master_q in the chatroom and he mentioned that the same thing happens with Firefox. I don't know if anything can be done...

I only run problems with IE7 is on this board. I am not going to uninstall IE7 and install IE6 for this board, because that is not a solution. It just ignores the problem. There is a solution out from Invision Power Board.

I have log-on with FireFox and the problem still there with the banners. :laugh: It is a code error. I have a feeling this problem will present in IE6 if it is not corrected soon. But the links do work for FireFox.

Here are the links that banners cover up for those who use IE7.

Gallary

Live Chat

Trivia

Forums

Search

Members

Calander

Edited by Odie

Well then, all I can offer is that you put up with it until VBG applies the "makes everyone happy" solution.

Does VBG still work here???..... :laugh:

There were some type of adjustments that have to be made to the controls of Firefox to get rid of the problem. Dill is the Firefox expert so I can't help on that. Invision hosts my website so I'll see if they have anything at their website regarding this problem.

I've gotten a response from Invision (yes, on Christmas Eve, less than 2 hours after I submitted a ticket) on how to fix the problem. The fix is a minor adjustment that VBG will have to make to a section of code. I've sent him the information.

You're going against accesibilty rules here! A user should have to alter their settings to view a website! It's like saying only people in red sweaters can enter my store. It's daft. And on Firefox the main links dont show up at all. I am a web developer, and if you did this in a busniess you could get arrest and get heavy fines.

Please, test your website, please everyone. It is possible.

The links below banner on FireFox text are white in white box. :laugh: There is no problem with IE7.

The links below banner on FireFox text are white in white box. :laugh: There is no problem with IE7.

I know. Suppose I don't want to use IE? Why don't the links be changed to the golden yellow colour? It'll work for both then... :(.

The banner isn't covering the menu anymore so that is good..But I still get that 'blank box' instead of a banner occasionally..Someone should see which banners don't work properly and remove them from the rotation..

:( I noticed that this afternoon. Oh well, it does not matter too much to me since all I have to do is put the pointer over it and it changes to dark blue (because of course it is now highlighted)

That everything works is what's important imo. Kevin has other 'cosmetics' issues to still cover since the upgrade so I'm sure that is on his list.

Well then, all I can offer is that you put up with it until VBG applies the "makes everyone happy" solution.

Does VBG still work here???..... :laugh:

At the time of this thread I was in the middle of working 12 and sometimes 16 hour shifts at the bank so there wasn't a lot of time for much more than sleeping and eating.

You're going against accesibilty rules here! A user should have to alter their settings to view a website! It's like saying only people in red sweaters can enter my store. It's daft. And on Firefox the main links dont show up at all. I am a web developer, and if you did this in a busniess you could get arrest and get heavy fines.

Please, test your website, please everyone. It is possible.

I'm sure you've never tried to have a website with all the features and sections as STF has, it's not as simple as "pleasing everyone" and just "testing your website". I've literally put hundreds if not thousands of hours of work (and multiple thousands of dollars) into STF over the six plus years that it's been online. Is it 100% perfect for every possible browser past, present or future? No, and I apologize to those that don't use the same browsers that 90% of the internet browsing community uses and to those that upgrade to a new version that may display the site differently than it previously had using older versions. When I have the free time to be able to make corrections in those cases I will, but remember there is no membership fee here.

As for getting "arrested" and getting "heavy fines", please provide a few links where Website owners have been arrested and fined because their site didn't support a specific browser. I'd be most interested in reading those articles. I'd also be interested in seeing some of the web sites that you developed. How did you swing getting hired as a "web developer" when you were 16 or 17? Did they allow you to work around your school schedule? Are they still letting you work around your school schedule now?

Oh, and for the record one thing I've learned during the 6 plus years here... it's impossible to do what you say is 'possible' and "please everyone".

I am happy :wow: no complaints from me :thumbs: in fact this is the best web site out there :laugh: I have even found myself rooting for the :eagles: I am however seeking consuling for that.

:elephant: THANKS VBG :elephant:

I am happy :wow: no complaints from me :wow: in fact this is the best web site out there :laugh: I have even found myself rooting for the :thumbs: I am however seeking consuling for that.

:elephant: THANKS VBG :elephant:

lol Thanks, and hopefully there'll be a lot of Eagle rooting this coming season. I've been a fan since 1978 and I'm due for a Super Bowl victory! lol

In fact if they do make it all the way and money is available when the time comes I might just drive down to Miami for the game. I honestly believe that the only reason that they lost the last 2 Super Bowls was becasue I wasn't there in New Orleans and Jacksonville... :eagles: