Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Unification

:laugh: If they had done that I think I would have wigged out! :laugh: It was bad enough waiting through part one only to see Spock deliver 1 line, waiting 3 months for the resolution??? No, I would have totally lost it! :laugh:

:laugh: If they had done that I think I would have wigged out!  :laugh: It was bad enough waiting through part one only to see Spock deliver 1 line, waiting 3 months for the resolution??? No, I would have totally lost it!  :laugh:

Didn't we lose it for most of the cliffhangers though. Eye%20Spin.gif When the TNG DVD season sets came out last year I refused to watch a cliffhanger until the next season's sets were available so I wouldn't have to relive that pain.

I agree that Unification would have made a great cliffhanger but I too am glad it wasn't. The thing that amazed me the most was hearing Leonard Nimoy talk about doing those episodes. He said that he had more dialogue in Unification than in any of the TOS movies.

:laugh: If they had done that I think I would have wigged out!  :laugh: It was bad enough waiting through part one only to see Spock deliver 1 line, waiting 3 months for the resolution??? No, I would have totally lost it!  :laugh:

Didn't we lose it for most of the cliffhangers though. Eye%20Spin.gif When the TNG DVD season sets came out last year I refused to watch a cliffhanger until the next season's sets were available so I wouldn't have to relive that pain.

I agree that Unification would have made a great cliffhanger but I too am glad it wasn't. The thing that amazed me the most was hearing Leonard Nimoy talk about doing those episodes. He said that he had more dialogue in Unification than in any of the TOS movies.

I don't know. I think I'm happy with it the way it was.

Same here, I have to agree with :laugh:

I just liked it the way it was. But I would not have had anything against the fact that it could have been a cliffhanger I like it very much... Spock in TNG...

Amazing :laugh:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I like cliffhangers and here's why: When you watch an episode that doesn't arc to another episode you see the characters get into trouble and 10 minutes later everything is all peachy again. With a cliffhanger you get to think about the problem before seeing how it's resolved. It gives you time to think of what you would do in the same situation. And I do like to think about ST afterall!

Wow, nice thought Captain B. It is an interesting perspective.

I like cliffhangers and i think Unification would have been a good one, but i'm glad it was not.

I loved seeing Data do the Vulcan neck pinch in that one! :laugh:

For you Lessa

T

uni2.gif

Edited by Takara_Soong

That woulda been alright but the suspense woulda have killed me! I could npt believe my eyes that Spock was standing next to Data..it really blew me away.

I had alway thought that ir had been a season ender until i watched it again on re-runs. Very good episode. Was Sela in Redemption? Or was that ust a suggestion from the shadows?

I had alway thought that ir had been a season ender until i watched it again on re-runs. Very good episode. Was Sela in Redemption? Or was that ust a suggestion from the shadows?

Sela was the Romulan commander in charge of the operation in Redemption. That was her first appearance although she was first heard in Mind's Eye (Denise Crosby provided the voice of a female Romulan standing in the shadows while Geordi was being brainwashed).

Yeah, I think that's the definition of a cliff-hanger. It certainly had all the elements of a good cliff-hanger, but I'm glad it wasn't.

It would have been a great cliffhanger, but I am happy that it wasn't, actually I don't like them at all. I almost broke my TV when part 1 of Best of both worlds ended, I didn't have part 2 :assimilated:

Finishing a season with Spock! What a delight!!!

I would have love it! Or hate it!

But, I can't really say that, since I watched all the TNG in reruns.

I began to watch start trek AFTER the show ended